1776 Unites' releases Black history curriculum to counter New York Times' 1619 Project

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

1776 Unites, a group that says it wants to "shape the American future by drawing on the best of its past," released its first curriculum program this week in part to counter the New York Times' 1619 Project.

The curriculum, developed by civil rights leader Bob Woodson and American Enterprise Institute scholar Ian Rowe, offers lesson plans, activities, reading guides and other resources to illustrate what 1776 Unites calls a "more complete and inspiring story of the history of African-Americans in the United States."

"1776 Unites maintains a special focus on stories that celebrate black excellence, reject victimhood culture, and showcase African-Americans who have prospered by embracing America’s founding ideals," the group writes of the new curriculum..........

"The 1776 Unites curriculum teaches that resilience in the face of opposition defines Black America in particular, and that there is a rich history of Black Americans who rose above the harshest of circumstances by embracing their own personal agency and living out the true founding values of our country," Paulsson said this week. "These stories continue to unfold all around us today."

Cont'd........

https://www.foxnews.com/us/1776-unites- ... 19-project
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I am so blessed that I was raised to be self educated instead of depending on the schools or the media to teach me about Black history.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Yeah, the whole slavery thing was a lie. Blacks were actually happy to be working for free. Look at all the spirituals that they sang! They fought side by side their slave masters in the Civil War to protect the South's way of life and to ensure their continued servitude because they liked it!! Jim Crow laws never existed! We never had "White's Only" or "No Blacks" signs in store front windows. The Tulsa Race Massacre never happened. The boy, Emmett Till, was never savagely beaten and then shot in the head and his body was never dumped in a river for offending a white woman. Nah, he grew to an old age with many grand and great grandkids around him. Racism in the US does not exist and is not systemic. *sarcasm*

Fascist countries lie and re-write history. This is what we're becoming.

I am all for including more black history in US history and teaching the achievements blacks made despite slavery and systemic racism but not white washing the true story of our nation which is slavery and the continued systemic racism and discrimination.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:44 pm Yeah, the whole slavery thing was a lie. Blacks were actually happy to be working for free. Look at all the spirituals that they sang! They fought side by side their slave masters in the Civil War to protect the South's way of life and to ensure their continued servitude because they liked it!! Jim Crow laws never existed! We never had "White's Only" or "No Blacks" signs in store front windows. The Tulsa Race Massacre never happened. The boy, Emmett Till, was never savagely beaten and then shot in the head and his body was never dumped in a river for offending a white woman. Nah, he grew to an old age with many grand and great grandkids around him. Racism in the US does not exist and is not systemic. *sarcasm*

I am all for including more black history in US history and teaching the achievements blacks made despite slavery and systemic racism but not white washing the true story of our nation which is slavery and the continued systemic racism and discrimination.
I could not agree more with this!
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:17 pm I am so blessed that I was raised to be self educated instead of depending on the schools or the media to teach me about Black history.
Likewise!
I remember my father and aunt looking over my notes from class when we’d discuss Black history (usually just in February) and add so much more information/lessons that were not covered.
I do the same for my son.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:44 pm Yeah, the whole slavery thing was a lie. Blacks were actually happy to be working for free. Look at all the spirituals that they sang! They fought side by side their slave masters in the Civil War to protect the South's way of life and to ensure their continued servitude because they liked it!! Jim Crow laws never existed! We never had "White's Only" or "No Blacks" signs in store front windows. The Tulsa Race Massacre never happened. The boy, Emmett Till, was never savagely beaten and then shot in the head and his body was never dumped in a river for offending a white woman. Nah, he grew to an old age with many grand and great grandkids around him. Racism in the US does not exist and is not systemic. *sarcasm*

It should have never been whitewashed and should have been included long ago.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:35 pm

It should have never been whitewashed and should have been included long ago.
You're right.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have you read the curriculum? Is that honestly what they're trying to say, what's in your first paragraph? I haven't seen it myself.

I think based on the description it looks to emphasize how strong black people were and are and seems to give credit for all that they contributed while under extreme duress. That angle usually isn't what's presented. But I haven't read the curriculum.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:11 am

Have you read the curriculum? Is that honestly what they're trying to say, what's in your first paragraph? I haven't seen it myself.

I think based on the description it looks to emphasize how strong black people were and are and seems to give credit for all that they contributed while under extreme duress. That angle usually isn't what's presented. But I haven't read the curriculum.
She's just running off at the mouth like she always does.
Locked Previous topicNext topic