Meghan McCain rips media for giving 'very little attention' to Middle East peace deal: Trump deserves credit

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

'You're seeing a total geopolitical realignment in the Middle East against Iran and for Israel,' McCain says,

"The View" co-host Meghan McCain knocked the media for downplaying the historic peace agreement President Trump brokered between Israel, United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Bahrain.

During a discussion on Wednesday highlighting the ABC News town hall that featured Trump, McCain pointed to his reference to the Abraham Accords that were signed at the White House earlier in the day.

"I wish this was getting more attention and credit," McCain told her co-hosts. "I know that it's hard to give any wins to the Trump administration, but I always try to be fair and call balls and strikes like we see it. You're seeing a total geopolitical realignment in the Middle East against Iran and for Israel. And there's rumors that Saudi Arabia could be joining."

The sole conservative voice at the ABC daytime talk show called the White House ceremony commemorating the agreement a "really big day."

Cont'd...
https://www.foxnews.com/media/meghan-mc ... ves-credit
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree. I may not be Trump’s fan but this is a good thing.
I think that everyone involved, not only a Trump, deserves recognition. This is a historical event.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's a "sign".
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:11 pm I agree. I may not be Trump’s fan but this is a good thing.
I think that everyone involved, not only a Trump, deserves recognition. This is a historical event.
Now that the ice has been broken, hopefully more Arab countries will sign it, too. You don't have to like Trump to appreciate some of the things he has accomplished whether directly or indirectly.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think (and hope!) that will be the case. I mean, not Iran, there’s zero chance of that now, but others may start joining in.
Mommamia wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:40 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:11 pm I agree. I may not be Trump’s fan but this is a good thing.
Now that the ice has been broken, hopefully more Arab countries will sign it, too. You don't have to like Trump to appreciate some of the things he has accomplished whether directly or indirectly.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:32 pm It's a "sign".
Nah. I heard the Palestinians weren't thrilled with this. When there's peace with them AND Israel I'll call it a sign.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:30 pm
Nah. I heard the Palestinians weren't thrilled with this. When there's peace with them AND Israel I'll call it a sign.
That was sarcasm, lol. There is a lot of talk among evangelicals about it.

This is no "peace deal". It's a smoke screen. Israel has been dealing and trading with these countries for years.

Check this out if you will. Interesting POV.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ae-bahrain
306/232

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh yeah. But making it official and open is a huge step.
And man, that author really is an Israel hater! I couldn’t continue reading after two paragraphs, the spite was so bad. Wild guess here...Pissed off Palestinian?
Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:40 pm

This is no "peace deal". It's a smoke screen. Israel has been dealing and trading with these countries for years.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:02 pm Oh yeah. But making it official and open is a huge step.
And man, that author really is an Israel hater! I couldn’t continue reading after two paragraphs, the spite was so bad. Wild guess here...Pissed off Palestinian?

Why is that a "big step"? Any one who actually follows the middle east knows this is the reality. Why make a big deal out of something that isn't really a big deal?

Palestinian with legitimate concerns.
306/232

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:21 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:02 pm Oh yeah. But making it official and open is a huge step.

Why is that a "big step"? Any one who actually follows the middle east knows this is the reality. Why make a big deal out of something that isn't really a big deal?

Palestinian with legitimate concerns.
Neither country is without fault and both probably contributed to the mess. Its getting to where even the God almighty couldn't broker a peace deal. But I agree the author isn't an Israel hater. I think it's a warning he feels Israel needs to hear.
Locked Previous topicNext topic