Oregon wildfires: Woman seen holding suspected arsonist at gunpoint

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

An Oregon woman was captured on video holding a suspected arsonist at gunpoint on Saturday after she allegedly caught him on her property carrying only matches.

The woman, Kat Cast, can be seen in the video parking her car, grabbing a gun, and approaching the suspect as he is crossing a road.

“Get on the floor, right now, face down! What are you doing on my property?” Cast shouts at the man. “Did you light anything on fire?”

When the man tells her he was “just passing through,” she asks why he is holding matches. The man tells her the matches were for smoking, but he later admitted he had no cigarettes. Cast holds him at gunpoint until police arrive......

Cont'd....
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Wonder why the cops have such a hard time detaining suspects, lol?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Around here, the trespasser would have been shot.
Mommabearof2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Good for her.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He looks like a meth head. Curious as to what area he's in. He's damn lucky she didn't just shoot him first, then ask questions later. These country people get really funny about "strangers" on their lands. Yes, even here in Oregon, as you can see from the video. Even I've been questioned while waiting for crews to show up when parked off to the side of the road. Once we explain what's up. They tell us to stay safe.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have the police released his name?
306/232

sarah824
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:23 am He looks like a meth head. Curious as to what area he's in. He's damn lucky she didn't just shoot him first, then ask questions later. These country people get really funny about "strangers" on their lands. Yes, even here in Oregon, as you can see from the video. Even I've been questioned while waiting for crews to show up when parked off to the side of the road. Once we explain what's up. They tell us to stay safe.
This was up by me. One of the responding cops was from Oregon City. Clackamas County was there as well...
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:23 am He looks like a meth head. Curious as to what area he's in. He's damn lucky she didn't just shoot him first, then ask questions later. These country people get really funny about "strangers" on their lands. Yes, even here in Oregon, as you can see from the video. Even I've been questioned while waiting for crews to show up when parked off to the side of the road. Once we explain what's up. They tell us to stay safe.
I read some place where she told the guy that if her husband had caught him, he would have been shot.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So a man will get shot just for carrying matches? I mean whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Sure question the man or call the police but Jesus some people are getting a bit unhinged. Its not like he walked along with a can of gasoline and a propane torch.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:14 pm So a man will get shot just for carrying matches? I mean whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Sure question the man or call the police but Jesus some people are getting a bit unhinged. Its not like he walked along with a can of gasoline and a propane torch.
Do you know any small town country people in Florida?
306/232

Locked Previous topicNext topic