Biden reportedly mocked for using script to tap Kamala Harris as his running mate

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Shortly after Joe Biden called Sen. Kamala Harris about tapping her as his running mate, the gaffe-prone former veep was mocked for using a script during his virtual chat, according to reports.

“I have the great honor to announce that I’ve picked @KamalaHarris — a fearless fighter for the little guy, and one of the country’s finest public servants — as my running mate,” Biden wrote on Instagram.

A photo posted on his account shows the 77-year-old speaking on a laptop with the beaming California senator as he holds up his iPhone with its speaker facing the computer, suggesting someone else was on their call, the Daily Mail reported.

But it was a sheet of paper seen under the phone that caught people’s attention.

“Biden’s staff had to write a script for him so he’d know why he was even talking to Kamala Harris. ‘I’m calling you today because…,’” wrote Sean Davis, co-founder of conservative online mag The Federalist.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/12/biden-moc ... te-report/
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Someone also said that maybe he recorded it ahead of time and it was playing back on the phone and he was just mouthing it. I dunno it was a bit weird that he had her on the laptop, was holding his phone with the speaker closest to the laptop, and had a sheet of paper on it. I can’t zoom enough to see what it is though.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Meticulous people try hard to do well. Sometimes they use notes.

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:01 am Meticulous people try hard to do well. Sometimes they use notes.

Ahhh...that explains it!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
MommyTutu
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Some politicians would be better off if they used notes/scripts. 🙃
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

biden probably has post its all over his house to remember who, what and where he is.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

More news from a tabloid. I can't believe anyone reads this garbage.

I couldn't tell if he was reading from a prompter or not on TV yesterday. Probably was but he was able to do it without sounding like a 4th grade remedial reading student. More importantly the content was positive and hopeful. Nice to hear again.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe if Trump did that he wouldn’t be calling people by the wrong name all the time. Or screwing up world geography.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

:roll: I use notes/scripts for certain phone calls at work. Especially when I have specific things I need to remember to say. My boss practices her signature a few times before signing certificates. What an absurd thing to mock someone over, the right is so ridiculous and desperate.
SallyMae wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:01 am Meticulous people try hard to do well. Sometimes they use notes.

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:57 pm More news from a tabloid. I can't believe anyone reads this garbage.

I couldn't tell if he was reading from a prompter or not on TV yesterday. Probably was but he was able to do it without sounding like a 4th grade remedial reading student. More importantly the content was positive and hopeful. Nice to hear again.
This article is petty as hell. I don’t care if he was reading from a script. Trump should be doing the same and letting someone manage his Twitter.
Locked Previous topicNext topic