Democrats begging Biden not to Debate Trump, already making excuses on his behalf

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Trump wants one more debate added to the schedule, but to be much earlier than the three already scheduled. That's because several states have ludicrously early voting which occurs before the first debate. Ergo, who knows how many will vote for Biden without ever seeing him fall apart in a debate with Trump.

I don't like early voting much more than a couple of weeks before election day. During the dem primaries, some states allowed such early voting before Klobuchar and Buttigege dropped out. Wonder how many votes those two got in these early primaries that could have made the difference for one of the other candidates getting nominated.

I wonder what happens if Biden refuses to debate Trump. Hopefully, the old fool is too sure of himself and thinks he can win a debate with Trump.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

“ citing Trump's publicity stunts and disregard for the rules in 2016. ”

“ Speaking on CNN Saturday, Lockhart said Trump shouldn't be given another platform which will enable him to "repeat lies," which he said occurred in the 2016 debates against Hillary Clinton.”

“ Trump “will take the truth and destroy it, and Biden will be in the position of correcting him over and over and over again. I don't think he should give him that platform.”

“ We saw in the debates in 2016 Hillary Clinton showed a mastery of the issues, every point she made was more honest and bested Trump," Lockhart told CNN. "But Trump came out of the debates doing better I think because he just kept repeating the same old lies: 'we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it,' 'we're going to keep all those Mexican rapists out of the country,' and 'we're going to make great trade deals' — none of these things have come to pass."

"Giving him that national forum to continue to spout — get him to 21,000 or 22,000 lies — I think just isn't worth it”

“ "Biden shouldn't feel obligated to throw Trump a lifeline by granting him any debates at all. This is not a normal presidential election and Trump is not a legitimate candidate,”

what happens when you read past the headline (which you also misrepresented). I wonder what it would look like if you tried being intellectually honest for a change.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Can you imagine how delusional trump's supporters are that the challenger, Biden, declining to debate trump bc he's a lying rambling machine is spinned as Biden being afraid? Those blinders are on tight!

trump doesn't know how to debate. All he does is talk over people and interrupt them with "excuse me" to continue his lies, ramblings, and musings. Sadly, his base sees that as debating and 'winning'.

I do think both Biden and trump should answer debate questions, though. It should be timed and if either rambles off, they should be cut off - both mic and camera.

moviestar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:55 am “ citing Trump's publicity stunts and disregard for the rules in 2016. ”

“ Speaking on CNN Saturday, Lockhart said Trump shouldn't be given another platform which will enable him to "repeat lies," which he said occurred in the 2016 debates against Hillary Clinton.”

“ Trump “will take the truth and destroy it, and Biden will be in the position of correcting him over and over and over again. I don't think he should give him that platform.”

“ We saw in the debates in 2016 Hillary Clinton showed a mastery of the issues, every point she made was more honest and bested Trump," Lockhart told CNN. "But Trump came out of the debates doing better I think because he just kept repeating the same old lies: 'we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it,' 'we're going to keep all those Mexican rapists out of the country,' and 'we're going to make great trade deals' — none of these things have come to pass."

"Giving him that national forum to continue to spout — get him to 21,000 or 22,000 lies — I think just isn't worth it”

“ "Biden shouldn't feel obligated to throw Trump a lifeline by granting him any debates at all. This is not a normal presidential election and Trump is not a legitimate candidate,”

what happens when you read past the headline (which you also misrepresented). I wonder what it would look like if you tried being intellectually honest for a change.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LOL. I can imagine the heads exploding when you have to remove them from that very dark place you have them so firmly implanted when Biden tries to blubber his way through a debate with Trump.. That is if his handlers let him out of his basement.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yeah, I wouldn’t give Trump the chance to keep spreading his lies and his childish insults. A third grader can do it better than Trump and Biden really doesn’t need the circus. Trump does. Because he’s looking at the losing end of the election. He needs another platform where he can act like a 10 year old and lying through his ass to maybe grab another gullible person or 2. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction either.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Y'all realize we're f'ed either way?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Biden doesn't need to debate Trump.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:58 pm Yeah, I wouldn’t give Trump the chance to keep spreading his lies and his childish insults. A third grader can do it better than Trump and Biden really doesn’t need the circus. Trump does. Because he’s looking at the losing end of the election. He needs another platform where he can act like a 10 year old and lying through his ass to maybe grab another gullible person or 2. I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction either.
You parrots regurgitating the msm's bs is hilarious. How childish of you all to say Biden shouldn't debate Trump because Trump lies. You sound like a 5 year old. That's the most ludicrous, pathetic excuse for Biden not to debate Trump.

Rational, sane people would know that a debate between any two people, not just politicians, is the best way to prove the other person is wrong.

But I'm giving you all too much credit, most of you are not rational nor sane.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:55 am “ citing Trump's publicity stunts and disregard for the rules in 2016. ”

LMAO, you mean like donna brazile cheating with hillary by giving her the questions before the debate? and she still got BTFO by Trump :lol:

Trump didn't "destroy any truth", however, all politicians lie including your precious Hillary and biden, that's not an excuse to get out of the debates. Biden has the ability to make his arguments, trump can't control how he performs. insinuating he can control him just makes your candidate weak and pathetic. that's all this is, excuses.

however, If trump really did lie and has been such an abysmal failure, biden could point that out at the debates, the logic used here that trump lied about everything he would do and has failed some how unfair to biden makes no sense. this writer is full of shit.
Locked Previous topicNext topic