Biden snaps at question on cognitive test, likens it to asking reporter if he’s ‘a junkie’

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:10 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 am Also, yes.... Biden was wrong for the “You Ain’t Black” comment but I don’t see the point in inserting the interviewer’s race into this (as always Black people).
they're playing by the same rules the left media set forth. every time trump disagrees with a reporter the media points out their race and S*x. it should be irrelevant but the left has decided its always relevant 🤷‍♀️

Some critical race theory proponents would say insinuating a black man is a druggie is a racist dog whistle. that is their standard.
Okay, well if all of the left media jumps off of a bridge, should Fox do it too? I call out the left when needed because I’m over both sides doing this crap.

l haven’t seen a large number of Black people considering junkie a dog whistle or mad at Biden this. In general, unless that happens, there is really no point in making stuff a Black race issue because no one else can really set that standard anyway.

And I’d say the same if this was Trump. This whole debate about either of them taking dementia tests is ridiculous IMO. We have bigger issues to worry about.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:17 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:25 pm
xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:27 am People have to get drug tested for work everyday why can't he take a cognitive test? Geez, all these old guys in Washington scared to take a simple cognitive test.. smh.
I agree that the average age of the senate, Congress and the current White House administration is way too old but to think everyone needs a dementia test just because they are a senior citizen is just being prejudiced.
Hmmm, thats funny. the left loved the idea of it not long ago!

Just as Presidents of the United States undergo an annual checkup and physical every year, it makes sense that they should also undergo an annual checkup for their mental health. Since mental health is of equal importance to one’s physical health, it makes little sense to ignore it and pretend it’s not important.

Or worse, to act as though a person’s mental health either doesn’t exist or can’t be objectively measured.

It’s time for our Presidents, beginning with Donald J. Trump, to undergo annual mental health checkups, coinciding with their physical exams.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/assessing ... 0important.
Who is this person that you think is speaking for a mass amount of people? And what Trump took was a very simple test to rule out dementia, that's all. That Trump puffed it up to be something it wasn't is not surprising. That was not a mental health check up.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 am Also, yes.... Biden was wrong for the “You Ain’t Black” comment but I don’t see the point in inserting the interviewer’s race into this (as always Black people).
they're playing by the same rules the left media set forth. every time trump disagrees with a reporter the media points out their race and S*x. it should be irrelevant but the left has decided its always relevant 🤷‍♀️

Some critical race theory proponents would say insinuating a black man is a druggie is a racist dog whistle. that is their standard.
Your views on race are well known. Why don't you just drop trying to make it "both sides". Because there is one racist in the presidential race and it's Biden.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Your views on race are well known. Why don't you just drop trying to make it "both sides". Because there is one racist in the presidential race and it's Biden.
^ True.

what are my views on race lemons? and what do my views have to do with your journalists making the race and S*x of every reporter relevant?
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:56 pm
Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:17 pm

I agree that the average age of the senate, Congress and the current White House administration is way too old but to think everyone needs a dementia test just because they are a senior citizen is just being prejudiced.
Hmmm, thats funny. the left loved the idea of it not long ago!

Just as Presidents of the United States undergo an annual checkup and physical every year, it makes sense that they should also undergo an annual checkup for their mental health. Since mental health is of equal importance to one’s physical health, it makes little sense to ignore it and pretend it’s not important.

Or worse, to act as though a person’s mental health either doesn’t exist or can’t be objectively measured.

It’s time for our Presidents, beginning with Donald J. Trump, to undergo annual mental health checkups, coinciding with their physical exams.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/assessing ... 0important.
Who is this person that you think is speaking for a mass amount of people? And what Trump took was a very simple test to rule out dementia, that's all. That Trump puffed it up to be something it wasn't is not surprising. That was not a mental health check up.
this is just one source expressing this sentiment. how many journos called to impeach trump invoking the 25th amendment for his "mental fitness"? if the test is so simple then biden should be happy to take the same one w/o getting defensive when one asks him aobut it. the source here argues that cognitive tests should be mandatory for presendential candidates and its included in "mental health", of course beginning with trump. did you read it? look again

"A presidential-fitness committee—of the sort that Carter and others propose, consisting of nonpartisan medical and psychological experts—could exist in a capacity similar to the Congressional Budget Office. It could regularly assess the president’s neurologic status and give a battery of cognitive tests to assess judgment, recall, decision-making, attention—the sorts of tests that might help a school system assess whether a child is suited to a particular grade level or classroom—and make the results available."
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:40 pm

^ True.

what are my views on race lemons? and what do my views have to do with your journalists making the race and S*x of every reporter relevant?
That’s the problem. You keep using Black people to fuel your beef with the left and push your political narrative.

Her journalists (whatever that means) doesn’t have anything to do with us.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:27 am People have to get drug tested for work everyday why can't he take a cognitive test? Geez, all these old guys in Washington scared to take a simple cognitive test.. smh.
That is so weak and pathetic. That senile, crazy old man could start WW3 with the push of one button, thinking he's hitting his intercom.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:17 pm

^ True.

That’s the problem. You keep using Black people to fuel your beef with the left and push your political narrative.

dude, when will you realize that the left has been using racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobic, islamaphobia, and every other phobia/ism for YEARS to advance their agenda? the LEFT uses black people (BLM) to push their agenda which negatively affects all of us. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Donald Trump may have early-onset dementia, says CNN commentator
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 07696.html

Is Something Neurologically Wrong With Donald Trump?
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/arch ... ne/548759/

Trump's cognitive deficits seem worse. We need to know if he has dementia
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 404007002/

MSNBC's Joe Scarborough suggests Trump has dementia
https://theweek.com/speedreads/740499/m ... p-dementia

Maybe Donald Trump has really lost his mind: What if the GOP frontrunner isn't crazy, but simply not well?
https://www.salon.com/2016/04/25/maybe_ ... _not_well/

Interesting that suddenly some of you are concerned with supposed "ageism" now that Biden is being scrutinized. you all loved it when it was Trump.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:38 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:17 pm

^ True.

dude, when will you realize that the left has been using racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobic, islamaphobia, and every other phobia/ism for YEARS to advance their agenda? the LEFT uses black people (BLM) to push their agenda which negatively affects all of us. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
I’ve never denied that some on the left exploit Black people. We agree on that, so you don’t need to keep hiding behind that or using what someone else does as an excuse for your behavior.

I have to commend you for admitting it. Many people don’t have the balls to admit that. But unfortunately that doesn’t justify you doing it nor does it make it any less disrespectful to us.
Locked Previous topicNext topic