Cuomo Begs Fleeing New Yorkers To Return From Connecticut, Hamptons to pay taxes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:58 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:22 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:12 pm

I thought we were suppose to stay home not go out eating and drinking
NEw York in much better shape then most states because they dealt with it seriously. New York only has a 1% positive rate on testing. Southern states all have over 10% positive rates including Mississippi with a 22% rate and Nevada with a 20% rate.

There are still a lot of restrictions but it’s safer than most of the country at the moment.
In general, Mississippi has a higher rate because people aren’t staying at home, so your comment is basically confirming what Hockey is saying. People should be staying at home vs. going out to eat/drink. It’s not so much who has the best numbers compared to NY.

And this is no knock against Cumo. I think he has done an incredible job as far as managing the pandemic.
True. Without knowing the whole conversation it’s hard to understand that story.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:13 pm Watched the clip. “Begging” is a bit of a reach, IMO. From the outside looking in, looks like a governor discussing solutions based on his state’s own economic needs to me.
The NY Post is a tabloid owned by the Murdoch’ family so they are a bit sensational and prone to exaggerate. People read the Post who think the NYT is fake so that tells you a lot.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:54 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:13 pm Watched the clip. “Begging” is a bit of a reach, IMO. From the outside looking in, looks like a governor discussing solutions based on his state’s own economic needs to me.
The NY Post is a tabloid owned by the Murdoch’ family so they are a bit sensational and prone to exaggerate. People read the Post who think the NYT is fake so that tells you a lot.
I see that. Lol! Perhaps this is why I tend to read NYT more. I normally skip past NY Post articles.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:17 pm
DSamuels wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:43 am
Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:22 am You all know that the NY Post is a tabloid, right?

I can’t even understand the article it was so poorly written. Is it saying people have moved out of their multi million dollar apartments and now only live in the Hamptons or Connecticut? Because if they haven’t sold their NYC property and are making more than $1 million dollars a year, they are still paying the higher income tax rate. And people in CT also pay a higher rate for top income so it won’t help to move there unless you want more space.

And the top 1% will pay a higher rate to keep the rest of us out of their neighborhoods.
Seems pretty straight forward to me. He wants the rich to come back to NYC and spend their money eating out and shopping there instead of the Hamptons or CT. It shows what usually happens when you pass higher taxes expecting the rich to happily pay. And somehow revenues from a new punitive higher tax are usually much lower than projections.
The city is always dead in August. Plus the restaurants still aren’t open for indoor dining. And the taxes are on income, not shopping or dining, so like I said, if they haven’t sold their apartments they still paying the tax. It makes no sense at all.
Are you really that obtuse? Shopping and dining is money spent in and/or at businesses that employ people therefore generating income tax on employees. It would also generate sales tax, which helps pay for city services or expenses.

No indoor dining? Really? We’ve had it for months, first at 50% and now at 75% although they are still limiting how many to a table and spacing them out. We did take out when there was no indoor dining too to help keep the local restaurants going.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I'm assuming this is their real estate taxes he's talking about? Put a liens on them.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Doesn't sound like he's addressing every day families.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:22 am You all know that the NY Post is a tabloid, right?

I can’t even understand the article it was so poorly written. Is it saying people have moved out of their multi million dollar apartments and now only live in the Hamptons or Connecticut? Because if they haven’t sold their NYC property and are making more than $1 million dollars a year, they are still paying the higher income tax rate. And people in CT also pay a higher rate for top income so it won’t help to move there unless you want more space.

And the top 1% will pay a higher rate to keep the rest of us out of their neighborhoods.
Do you deny his words on video? Do you deny those fleeing are needed to support everyone else which is why he needs them there?
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 pm
I see that. Lol! Perhaps this is why I tend to read NYT more. I normally skip past NY Post articles.
of course you do. They will always paint things through a lens you like and would never report on this story or others they don't like unless absolutely forced to.

Deleted User 1616

Unread post

stunning and brave
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:38 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:24 pm

of course you do. They wil always paint things through a lens you like and would never report on this story or others they don't like unless absolutely forced to.

Oh be quiet Smiles. I read Fox too, so don’t go feeling all left out. 😂😂😂😂
Locked Previous topicNext topic