Trump realized old republicans in FLA need mail-in voting

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

States do NOT just mail out ballots to everyone! That is just not true; only idiots like Trump would claim it's done that way. In Indiana, for instance, you have to first send in a REQUEST for a ballot, then wait to have it sent to you then fill it out and mail or return it to the polling place in person.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:20 am Florida has an actual system in place, essentially the same as you see in other states for absentee ballots. It's controlled and the ballots are traceable. They've been using this system successfully for the last several elections.

They're not just blanket mailing ballots to an outdated mailing list as many states are. Dead people are getting ballots, as well as people no longer living at an address. No one knows who's grabbing them and sending them in. Or how many one person is sending in.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politi ... d-to-know/
I’m on the PEVL and the only thing I get sent multiples of are the reminders to select a ballot for primaries because I’m registered no party. I also have been contacted a couple times because my signature had enough of a change to need secondary verification. Until I verified, my vote couldn’t be counted and if I didn’t verify within a specific amount of time, I don’t remember the exact length, it would not have counted. While our drivers license are technically valid for an extensive period we are supposed to update photo and signature every 7 yrs I think? I had just updated mine right before the pandemic because I’d received notice that I needed to update the photo and signature.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:18 pm States do NOT just mail out ballots to everyone! That is just not true; only idiots like Trump would claim it's done that way. In Indiana, for instance, you have to first send in a REQUEST for a ballot, then wait to have it sent to you then fill it out and mail or return it to the polling place in person.
They are confusing the fact that some states send out APPLICATIONS to receive a mail in ballot. You're right, no state sends an actual ballot. Asking for an absentee ballot or a mail-in ballot is pretty much the same.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:50 pm
EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:18 pm States do NOT just mail out ballots to everyone! That is just not true; only idiots like Trump would claim it's done that way. In Indiana, for instance, you have to first send in a REQUEST for a ballot, then wait to have it sent to you then fill it out and mail or return it to the polling place in person.
They are confusing the fact that some states send out APPLICATIONS to receive a mail in ballot. You're right, no state sends an actual ballot. Asking for an absentee ballot or a mail-in ballot is pretty much the same.
It depends on the state. Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, and Utah automatically send ballots to registered voters. 29 states have "no excuse mail in voting" where any registered voter can apply for a mail in ballot. The other states require an excuse to absentee vote. I think some of the confusion is many of the states that have "no excuse mail in" use the terms absentee voting and vote by mail interchangeably.

1/4 of Americans voted by mail in the last presidential election with extremely limited fraud reported. Trump is just trying to stir up a problem where there isn't one so that when he loses, he can point to a "boogey man" as opposed to concede that there just aren't that many people into him.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There are some states that just mass mail. I believe CA is one that I've seen people comment on.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:26 pm
It depends on the state. Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, and Utah automatically send ballots to registered voters. 29 states have "no excuse mail in voting" where any registered voter can apply for a mail in ballot. The other states require an excuse to absentee vote. I think some of the confusion is many of the states that have "no excuse mail in" use the terms absentee voting and vote by mail interchangeably.

1/4 of Americans voted by mail in the last presidential election with extremely limited fraud reported. Trump is just trying to stir up a problem where there isn't one so that when he loses, he can point to a "boogey man" as opposed to concede that there just aren't that many people into him.
I know he's setting up scene for when he loses he'll have something to blame. You're right, I confused the postcards mailed in some states with ballots. I did read about Colorado's system which is pretty tight. I've never heard of Florida doing anything any different than the other states with mail in voting.

Do you know which states only allow mail in voting if you have a specific reason?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:09 pm

I know he's setting up scene for when he loses he'll have something to blame. You're right, I confused the postcards mailed in some states with ballots. I did read about Colorado's system which is pretty tight. I've never heard of Florida doing anything any different than the other states with mail in voting.

Do you know which states only allow mail in voting if you have a specific reason?
Excuse required for absentee voting

These are states where you can apply for a mail-in ballot but must list an excuse for why you are not voting in person:

Alabama: In Alabama you can apply for a mail-in ballot if you are away from the state, ill, are working a shift greater than 10 hours on a polling day, are a caregiver or incarcerated.

Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill (R) tweeted at the president last month assuring him that the state would not move toward having direct mail-in voting, as others have amid the pandemic.

Arkansas: In Arkansas you can apply for an absentee ballot if you are disabled, ill, away from home, or “Uniformed Services, merchant marines or the spouse or a dependent family member and are away from your polling location due to the member’s active duty status.”

Connecticut: In Connecticut you can vote by mail if you are out of town, sick or disabled, in the military, or if your “religious beliefs prevent you from performing secular activities like voting on Election Day.”

Last month Connecticut Secretary of the State Denise Merrill (D) said the state will send out absentee ballot applications to every registered voter in the state and pay the postage for their ballots.

Merrill is pushing the state legislature to add “a global pandemic” to the list of reasons somebody can vote by mail.

Delaware: In Delaware, voters can vote by mail if they are out of town, sick or disabled, have a religious commitment or are in the armed services. This year the state will be sending absentee voting applications to all registered voters.

Gov. John Carney’s (D) state of emergency order includes a measure that allows voters concerned about the coronavirus to qualify as "sick" or "physically disabled,” allowing them to vote absentee. Voters in Delaware can also request an absentee ballot online.

Indiana: Despite Indiana amending its mail-in voting rules to allow all registered voters to qualify for mail-in voting in the June 2 primary, IndyStar reported many still opted to vote in person.

Outside a pandemic, voters in Indiana could qualify for mail-in voting if they are 65 or older, disabled or sick, have a religious commitment, are a member of the military or a public safety officer, can’t find transportation to a polling station or are designated as a "serious S*x offender" by the state.

Kentucky: The state announced in April that due to the coronavirus pandemic, any registered voter is eligible to vote absentee for elections happening this year, but voters normally need to provide a reason when requesting a ballot.

Louisiana: Louisiana voters can vote by mail if they are out of town, sick or disabled, have a religious commitment, are in the armed services, are incarcerated or have jury duty.

In May the state legislature rejected a bill that would have expanded mail-in voting.

Massachusetts: Under Massachusetts law, anyone who is disabled, out of town on Election Day, or has a religious belief preventing them from voting at their polling place can qualify for mail-in voting.

The state legislature passed a bill this year adding that any person taking precautions related to COVID-19 can also qualify for mail-in voting this year.

Mississippi: Voters in Mississippi can vote by mail if they are above 65, if they are sick or disabled, have work conflicts, are away from home or have educational commitments.

Mississippi Secretary of State Michael Watson (R) has opposed expanded mail-in elections, but said voters can apply for a mail-in ballot claiming “temporary illness” and it would be up to local election officials to approve it or not.

Missouri: Voters in Missouri can qualify for mail-in voting if they are out of town, sick or disabled, have a religious commitment or are in the armed services.

The state legislature passed a bill that would allow anyone with a notary’s signature to qualify for mail-in voting, but it awaits the governor’s signature and would only apply to the state’s August election and the November presidential election.

New Hampshire: Voters in New Hampshire can qualify for mail-in voting if they are sick, disabled, in the military, out of town, have a religious commitment or working during polling hours.

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R) announced in April that any registered voter will be allowed to vote mail-in throughout the end of the year.

New York: Voters in New York can request a mail-in ballot if they are away from home on Election Day, if they are ill or disabled, a resident of a veteran's hospital or incarcerated.

In April, Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) signed an executive order that requires election officials to send mail-in ballot applications to all eligible voters, including inactive voters, for this year’s June 23 primary and Nov. 3 general elections.

Any voter is able to cite “temporary illness” as a reason for voting by mail during the pandemic.

Rhode Island: Rhode Island lists several excuses to vote absentee, but also gives the option to choose “No specific reason necessary.” The state’s June 2 primary had widespread use of mail-in ballots, with election officials reducing the number of polling locations in the state from about 180 to 47.

South Carolina: Voters in South Carolina can vote absentee if they are out of town, sick or disabled, have a religious commitment or are in the armed services.

The state legislature voted in early May to allow anyone to vote absentee during the 2020 elections during the pandemic.

Tennessee: On Thursday a Tennessee court ruled the state must make absentee voting available to every eligible voter for all elections in 2020, including the Aug. 6 primary and Nov. 3 general election.

Outside of that ruling, only people who are sick, disabled, traveling or elderly or eligible for mail-in voting.

Texas: The Texas Supreme Court ruled last week that being afraid of contracting the coronavirus alone is not a “disability” and therefore all self-identified able-bodied people living in the state must gather at a polling location. However, Texas voters are still able to self-identify as disabled without having to produce evidence.

Trump campaign sues Nevada over expanded mail-in voting
Trump notes GOP governor when asked why he backs mail-in voting in...
On Thursday a federal court temporarily blocked a lower court’s sweeping ruling that would have allowed all Texas voters to qualify to vote by mail during the coronavirus pandemic.

West Virginia: In West Virginia, voters are eligible for mail-in voting if they are disabled or ill, are working a shift greater than 10 hours on a polling day, are a caregiver or incarcerated.

The state amended that rule for all 2020 elections, where all registered voters in West Virginia are eligible to vote absentee.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... -in-voting
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wonder how updated that list is from The Hill. I know Massachusetts has changed and they have mailed out postcards to registered voters allowing anyone to request a mail in ballot. Not that Trump would ever have a chance in hell of winning Massachusetts. I would imagine he will focus on Nevada, Wisconsin, Michigan. Anywhere he can claim he "would have won" if it wasn't "fraudulent" ballots.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

The two of you don't know squat about anything. And she lies as much as you do.

In the middle of the night, Monday, Nevada's gov signed new legislation to send all voters a ballot. A ballot, not a request for a ballot.

In May CA gov Newsom, signed an EO to send ballots to every voter in the state.

MD legislators are pressing their gov to send ballots, not requests for ballots to all of their voters.

And just think of how many of these 'voters' are dead, don't live in the state any more, have moved without changing their address with the county clerk, etc. There'll be ballots floating all over the place ripe for fraud.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

:lol: Hillary Clinton has blamed everyone from her plumber to God for her losing the election. In fact she wouldn't even concede the night of the election.
Locked Previous topicNext topic