Massive explosion in Beirut

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s appalling that for all his sick ego he doesn’t realize that what he says carries more weight than the average person. Seriously, dude. Express your condolences, offer your assistance and then shut your freaking pie hole!
Lemons wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:10 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:52 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:40 pm And what do you know? Even with this Trump managed to screw up... he could’ve just expressed condolences and offered help to Lebanon, but noooo. He started babbling about how this “looks like an attack” and when pressed for more details he first said “his generals” agreed with him (something the Pentagon has denied) and second, well, if it went kaboom it must be a bomb because nothing else explodes if it’s not a bomb 🙄 Only terrorist bombs explode! It was the number one answer on Family Feud!!

Seriously, doesn’t he realize that such a comment carries a different weight when made by the POTUS? And since this is a POTUS known for leaking security information many will think he may have information others don’t and he just let it slip because, well, he’s an idiot. Doesn’t he realize the implications of babbling about an “attack” when there’s still no evidence to suggest that’s what it is?
Hopefully it won’t have bigger implication, since he’s also known as the POTUS who always pulls crap out of his ass.
I did here that it could have been on purpose(that’s what my husband said and he has high security clearance) some think that maybe someone knew it was stores there and set fire close to the building with the intention of it reaching the explosives.
Speculation between people just talking and a president claiming it was an attack within hours are two different things. He's always been too free with his opinions backed up with zero evidence or verfications.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have no information other than what I hear friends say, but they seem to think it was Israel attacking Hezbollah and not realizing how large the blast would be.

Of course I have no proof or reference other than what I hear, so it might just be all guessing.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is exactly what people started saying after Trump’s idiotic “attack” comment. That he had inside information that Israel did it. And that’s why he needs to keep his ignorant opinions to himself. He could create an international incident based on lies talking out of his ass like that. Who did he think people were going to blame if he started calling it an attack? Israel, duh.
But thankfully Israel, Lebanon and Hezbollah all denied it. And the Pentagon also denied ever providing Trump with any kind of intel on that matter and agree it seems to be an accident. So it’s 109% false.Israel wouldn’t be that stupid to risk a massive explosion in a civilian neighborhood. And right now it’s dealing with more pressing internal issues and Hezbollah is more interested in reinforcing itself in Syria. Neither side seems to be interested at the moment to engage in full blown war over Lebanon.
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:57 pm I have no information other than what I hear friends say, but they seem to think it was Israel attacking Hezbollah and not realizing how large the blast would be.

Of course I have no proof or reference other than what I hear, so it might just be all guessing.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Such a horrific tragedy. According to the paper trail and some past news reports it looks like the ammonium nitrate that was in warehouse 12 has been there since 2014 confiscated from a Russian ship. Now the ship was said to be damaged and unseaworthy but the captain of the ship had said a few years ago that it was due to $100,000 in port fees that the owner refused to pay. Over the past few years, inspectors have issued warnings over the dangers of the ammonium nitrate and port authorities have requested the shipment be re-exported. When the fire broke out at warehouse 9 it spread, igniting the ammonium nitrate in warehouse 12. Sounds like a lot of bureaucracy that ended up contributing to this devastating event. I’d really like to know why they have an undisclosed number of port workers on house arrest?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

This is so sad. 😢😢😢 2020 has been one f’ed up year.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Im not even sure where people I know are getting their news, but it’s being said that the storehouse that blew up was actually run by Hezbollah and they weren’t storing fireworks, they were stockpiling weapons. So Israel tried to take out their weapons stockpile.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:10 am This is exactly what people started saying after Trump’s idiotic “attack” comment. That he had inside information that Israel did it. And that’s why he needs to keep his ignorant opinions to himself. He could create an international incident based on lies talking out of his ass like that. Who did he think people were going to blame if he started calling it an attack? Israel, duh.
But thankfully Israel, Lebanon and Hezbollah all denied it. And the Pentagon also denied ever providing Trump with any kind of intel on that matter and agree it seems to be an accident. So it’s 109% false.Israel wouldn’t be that stupid to risk a massive explosion in a civilian neighborhood. And right now it’s dealing with more pressing internal issues and Hezbollah is more interested in reinforcing itself in Syria. Neither side seems to be interested at the moment to engage in full blown war over Lebanon.
Frau Holle wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:57 pm I have no information other than what I hear friends say, but they seem to think it was Israel attacking Hezbollah and not realizing how large the blast would be.

“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s very possible it was from Hezbollah. But there weren’t actual weapons. Supposedly it had tons of alleged “confiscated” ammonium nitrate.
Israel would never create such damage in a civilian area. It’s not what they do and it’s way too risky.
Frau Holle wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:36 am Im not even sure where people I know are getting their news, but it’s being said that the storehouse that blew up was actually run by Hezbollah and they weren’t storing fireworks, they were stockpiling weapons. So Israel tried to take out their weapons stockpile.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:10 am This is exactly what people started saying after Trump’s idiotic “attack” comment. That he had inside information that Israel did it. And that’s why he needs to keep his ignorant opinions to himself. He could create an international incident based on lies talking out of his ass like that. Who did he think people were going to blame if he started calling it an attack? Israel, duh.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

people were blaming Israel immediately. Most of the people blaming Israel are trump haters just like you or foreigners in the middle east. Trump has nothing to do with it. you manage to make EVERYTHING trump's fault.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How large was the building and what kind of containers were used to store it?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic