Children ordered face down in parking lot by Aurora Police

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This past weekend, Aurora Police in Colorado stopped a family SUV because a car like that was reported missing and a mix up in license plates or something.

When police stopped the car they drew their guns and ordered four children, ages 6 through 17 years old to lie face down on the parking lot. They handcuffed a 12 year old and 17 year old. The mother was ordered to sit on the ground and was handcuffed.

The little girls were crying while four cops stood over them watching them.

Turns out it was all a mistake. The family was black. And if someone wants to claim that racism isn't involved in these stops, let's see a little white girl, 6 years old, lying flat on the ground with four police hovering over her.

There's a video too.
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A motorcycle was stolen. How do cops not know the difference??
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Beginning to think there is no reforming this system.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Those poor girls. I cannot imagine how terrifying that was for them.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So a motorcycle with the same plate # but from a different state was stolen......this is just incompetence on the cops part which was in all honesty escalated because the family was black and being stereotyped as "criminals". If it was a white family the cops would have pulled them over, asked for license and registration and then sent them on their way after realizing the mix-up. This is what BLM is fighting against. This is proof of the inequality being faced by people of color in our nation EVERYDAY.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:24 pm Those poor girls. I cannot imagine how terrifying that was for them.
This will be what they think of when they think of police. They will never be able to trust them as adults.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Motorcycle was stolen from Montana. And if Montana is like my state, the name of the state is engraved in the plate. Only total morons would make a mistake like that.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:15 pm Motorcycle was stolen from Montana. And if Montana is like my state, the name of the state is engraved in the plate. Only total morons would make a mistake like that.
Exactly. And I don't know about where you live, but motorcycle plates here are considerably smaller than a passenger vehicle plate.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:28 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:15 pm Motorcycle was stolen from Montana. And if Montana is like my state, the name of the state is engraved in the plate. Only total morons would make a mistake like that.
Exactly. And I don't know about where you live, but motorcycle plates here are considerably smaller than a passenger vehicle plate.
That too. They are considerably smaller. Otherwise they'd never fit on the motorcycle. These cops need to be fired.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:29 pm
xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:28 pm
That too. They are considerably smaller. Otherwise they'd never fit on the motorcycle. These cops need to be fired.
I agree. That's a pretty big "mistake" for someone to make.
Locked Previous topicNext topic