Trump refusing to acknowledge virus out of control

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In the interview with Johnathon Swan, Trump showed up with these charts to show how "great" America is doing with the virus.
“Right now, I think it's under control,” Trump said at one point. “I'll tell you what—”

“How? A thousand Americans are dying a day,” Swan interjected.

“They are dying, that's true. And you ha— It is what it is,” Trump replied. “But that doesn't mean we aren't doing everything we can. It's under control as much as you can control it. This is a horrible plague that beset us.”

“You really think this is as much as we can control it? A thousand deaths a day?” Swan said.

“I’ll tell you, I’d like to know if somebody—” Trump began, then switched directions. “First of all, we have done a great job.”

“Right here,” he said at one point, showing Swan a chart, “the United States is lowest in— numerous categories, we're lower than the world.”

“Lower than the world?” Swan asked. “What does that mean?"

“We're lower than Europe,” Trump continued. “Take a look. Take a look. Right here.”

He handed Swan the sheet of paper, allowing the reporter, at least, to actually understand what Trump was claiming.

“Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases,” Swan said. “I’m talking about death as a proportion of population. That’s where the U.S. is really bad. Much worse than South Korea, Germany, etcetera.”

“You can't do that,” Trump replied.

“Why can't I do that?” Swan asked.

“You have go by—” Trump continued, fumbling with his papers. “You have to go by where— Look, here is the United States— You have to go by the cases of death.”

Combination of a man used to conning his way through life and not having a clue. Trump is so used to being able to just say, "I'm doing a great job, no one has ever done what I've done in the last three years, We are doing great". And that was enough because the country was doing well, with or without him. But now, things aren't so well and him claiming that he's doing a great job isn't working.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm tired of this Groundhog Day bullcrap in the 7th level of Hell. HE NEEDS TO GO. NOW.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Jonathan Swan is an American hero
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Don’t need Trump’s acknowledgment of anything for anybody with some common sense to know the virus is out of control.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SummerDream wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:17 pm Don’t need Trump’s acknowledgment of anything for anybody with some common sense to know the virus is out of control.
The problem is it would be awfully helpful if we had an honest president right about now. If we had a president who would admit that there is a crisis right now I would imagine a federal plan would follow. As it is now we can only hope to hang on until January.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

“It is what it is”? Seriously? That’s hie “explanation” for his complete failure on dealing with this crisis from the start?
Everything falling apart and all he can say is “well, you know, that’s the way the cookie crumbles!”?
Man even our “jewel” of a President here in Mexico can make up better BS than that...
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SummerDream
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:50 pm
SummerDream wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:17 pm Don’t need Trump’s acknowledgment of anything for anybody with some common sense to know the virus is out of control.
The problem is it would be awfully helpful if we had an honest president right about now. If we had a president who would admit that there is a crisis right now I would imagine a federal plan would follow. As it is now we can only hope to hang on until January.
All your hopes are on Biden, when he can’t even find his way out of a wet paper bag in the middle of the day.

We all were doing good until the riots, then everything went down the toilet. Now, people are running 52 different directions. But that okay right? Biden is the savior of the universe, just like Clinton. Unless, of course, it turns out the mythical silent majority turns out to be real. And Trump wins in November.

Still don’t know who I’m going to vote for. I usually watch the conventions, but that is off the table this year.

Nobody should put their hope in a person. They will disappoint you every time.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SummerDream wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:04 pm
Lemons wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:50 pm
All your hopes are on Biden, when he can’t even find his way out of a wet paper bag in the middle of the day.

We all were doing good until the riots, then everything went down the toilet. Now, people are running 52 different directions. But that okay right? Biden is the savior of the universe, just like Clinton. Unless, of course, it turns out the mythical silent majority turns out to be real. And Trump wins in November.

Still don’t know who I’m going to vote for. I usually watch the conventions, but that is off the table this year.

Nobody should put their hope in a person. They will disappoint you every time.
There's no choice but to put all hope on Biden. What are you talking about? We don't get to pick anyone else this late in the game.

I do know that the right people for the right jobs will be chosen. I do know there will be less corruption. I do know that the virus will be taken seriously and he isn't go to be walking about with charts to try and claim we are the best in the world as if it's a contest. I do know that Biden is old and past his prime but he will choose younger, more competent people on his staff and to head departments like Department of Justice, HHS, HUD and all the others because he's not pathologically insecure.

It's not just one person we are voting for. We are voting for a complete change of administration. This one failed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic