George Floyd Arrest Bodycam Footage LEAKED! (VIDEO)

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The controversial death of George Floyd that has sparked Black Lives Matter “protests” across the country is now understood in greater context thanks to the leak of police bodycam video footage of his arrest. Mysteries and questions surrounding the reasoning for Floyd’s arrest and subsequent death should get laid to rest soon.

Derrick Chauvin, the officer charged in the death of Mr. Floyd, is probably somewhere breathing a big sigh of relief. Because malicious intent on his behalf doesn’t appear to present itself in the tape. The “knee-on-neck” technique was on the books and perfectly legal in Minneapolis at the time of Floyd’s arrest. And the controversial maneuver does not appear to have unnecessary force applied to it from the camera angle in the video

https://anthonyblogan.com/george-floyd- ... ked-video/
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:01 pm Aiy, aiy, aiy...

https://mobile.twitter.com/ANTHONYBLOGA ... r%5Eauthor
I am not surprised unfortunately....
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Watching that, the commentary in the article / blog is really not what happens. Yeah, he resisted - a lot. Yeah, he requested to go to the ground. Yeah, that hold was allowable for certain situations and only by someone specially trained. BUT even this video does not show any justification for kneeling on Mr Floyd in any way - much less on the next area. Handcuffed and requesting to lay on the ground then going limp to fall to the ground, isn’t reason to restrain further. If anything, this video proves Mr Floyd was having some sort of anxiety attack and was scared from the first moment of interaction.

Lastly, the video cuts off as Mr Floyd is going to the ground. It in no way shows the angle of the force being applied.

This was a very clear case of excessive force resulting in criminal death. This video proves it, in my opinion. What I don’t see and haven’t, is any evidence pointing that racism was involved.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:09 pm Watching that, the commentary in the article / blog is really not what happens. Yeah, he resisted - a lot. Yeah, he requested to go to the ground. Yeah, that hold was allowable for certain situations and only by someone specially trained. BUT even this video does not show any justification for kneeling on Mr Floyd in any way - much less on the next area. Handcuffed and requesting to lay on the ground then going limp to fall to the ground, isn’t reason to restrain further. If anything, this video proves Mr Floyd was having some sort of anxiety attack and was scared from the first moment of interaction.

Lastly, the video cuts off as Mr Floyd is going to the ground. It in no way shows the angle of the force being applied.

This was a very clear case of excessive force resulting in criminal death. This video proves it, in my opinion. What I don’t see and haven’t, is any evidence pointing that racism was involved.
But, but, it was institutional racism, even though statistically, more whites (52%) are killed by lethal police force than are blacks (32%).
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ummmmm ... Nearly nine minutes worth though? It might have technically been legal and may have its place in subduing a detainee in a non lethal manner, but come on! Common sense has to play a role in here somewhere, doesn't it? Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Discretion is key it would seem.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:09 pm Watching that, the commentary in the article / blog is really not what happens. Yeah, he resisted - a lot. Yeah, he requested to go to the ground. Yeah, that hold was allowable for certain situations and only by someone specially trained. BUT even this video does not show any justification for kneeling on Mr Floyd in any way - much less on the next area. Handcuffed and requesting to lay on the ground then going limp to fall to the ground, isn’t reason to restrain further. If anything, this video proves Mr Floyd was having some sort of anxiety attack and was scared from the first moment of interaction.

Chauvin is an asshole, plain and simple. I believe a week or two after this video broke there was an interview done with the owner of the club where they both worked. Apparently Chauvin, being the asshole that he is, would treat patrons pretty nasty. Mr Floyd took issue with that, and had words with him about it. He wasn't a fan. So, there's a possibility that this was personal and not racially motivated at all based on their history. Seeing Chauvin walk up to him, if that history between them is accurate, was probably Mr Floyd's worst nightmare.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:12 am

Chauvin is an asshole, plain and simple. I believe a week or two after this video broke there was an interview done with the owner of the club where they both worked. Apparently Chauvin, being the asshole that he is, would treat patrons pretty nasty. Mr Floyd took issue with that, and had words with him about it. He wasn't a fan. So, there's a possibility that this was personal and not racially motivated at all based on their history. Seeing Chauvin walk up to him, if that history between them is accurate, was probably Mr Floyd's worst nightmare.
The guy from the club eventually retracted. He got Floyd mixed up with someone else who worked there.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He can breathe a sign of relief??? Seriously???? No. No he can't and shouldn't. If anything this SHOWS how he went too far and killed someone because he was excessive. Sigh of relief... f**k that.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think this shows no malice for the rest of the cops but I don’t think it will help Chauvin. I would like to see the rest of the tape.
This clears up any questions of resistance. It clear up questions on drugs. But it doesn’t clear questions I have on the knee placed on his neck. He already couldn’t breathe. I do think he died from the drugs and heart problems though. He couldn’t breathe before the knee.
Locked Previous topicNext topic