George Floyd Arrest Bodycam Footage LEAKED! (VIDEO)

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

the cops will probably be acquitted now. should have gone with a lower charge.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:48 pm the cops will probably be acquitted now. should have gone with a lower charge.
Chauvin was charged with second-degree murder and the other three were charged with aiding and abetting Chauvin's actions. What would you charge them with?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:59 pm
Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:48 pm the cops will probably be acquitted now. should have gone with a lower charge.
Chauvin was charged with second-degree murder and the other three were charged with aiding and abetting Chauvin's actions. What would you charge them with?
Second degree murder is generally defined as intentional murder that lacks premeditation, is intended to only cause bodily harm, and demonstrates an extreme indifference to human life.

I am not exactly sure but I don't see how a Jury would be convinced it was intentional. I don't see any evidence of that, I see evidence of them trying to accommodate him initially when he said he had claustrophobia, covid and a fear of guns/being shot. they rolled down the windows and put the gun away, that cuts against the narrative that they were completely callous and targeting him due to racism and goes against the narrative they intentionally wanted to cause harm to him.

maybe negligent homicide for Chauvin.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:20 pm
Second degree murder is generally defined as intentional murder that lacks premeditation, is intended to only cause bodily harm, and demonstrates an extreme indifference to human life.

I am not exactly sure but I don't see how a Jury would be convinced it was intentional. I don't see any evidence of that, I see evidence of them trying to accommodate him initially when he said he had claustrophobia, covid and a fear of guns/being shot. they rolled down the windows and put the gun away, that cuts against the narrative that they were completely callous and targeting him due to racism and goes against the narrative they intentionally wanted to cause harm to him.

Intentional murder that lacks premeditation.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You can't accidentally put your knee on someone's neck for 9 minutes. The man was insisting he couldn't breathe. Anything after the first minute or so is intentional intent to harm and extreme indifference to life.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:44 pm

You can't accidentally put your knee on someone's neck for 9 minutes. The man was insisting he couldn't breathe. Anything after the first minute or so is intentional intent to harm and extreme indifference to life.
where did I say it was an accident to put his knee on his neck, I didn't say there was no intent to HARM but can you prove he intended to KILL him by doing so? that's the threshold for 2nd degree murder, intent to KILL. I suggested he be charged with negligent homicide aka involuntary manslaughter. it seems based on the footage that is the best charge if you want him to actually be found guilty and not acquitted. if it turns out he was trained to use that restraint by his employer, that makes it even more unlikely he will be convicted.

Involuntary manslaughter

Involuntary manslaughter occurs when the perpetrator engages in dangerous or illegal activity that causes the death of another. This crime requires recklessness in some jurisdictions, while others allow involuntary manslaughter charges in cases of criminal negligence. Involuntary manslaughter is known as “criminally negligent homicide” in some jurisdictions,[4] though other jurisdictions may use the term “criminally negligent homicide” to describe a separate, lesser homicide where the intent of the perpetrator does not rise to the level of recklessness.[5]

Examples of cases that have led to charges of involuntary manslaughter:

· Causing the death of an unborn child while in the commission of a crime.[6]

· Reckless discharge of a firearm into the air or into a crowd, causing a death.[7]

· A voluntary physical altercation, like a bar fight, where one person is accidentally killed.

· A ride operator at a fair does not strap a passenger in properly, causing the death of the passenger.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:02 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:44 pm

where did I say it was an accident to put his knee on his neck, I didn't say there was no intent to HARM but can you prove he intended to KILL him by doing so? that's the threshold for 2nd degree murder, intent to KILL. I suggested he be charged with negligent homicide aka involuntary manslaughter. it seems based on the footage that is the best charge if you want him to actually be found guilty and not acquitted. if it turns out he was trained to use that restraint by his employer, that makes it even more unlikely he will be convicted.

Involuntary manslaughter

Involuntary manslaughter occurs when the perpetrator engages in dangerous or illegal activity that causes the death of another. This crime requires recklessness in some jurisdictions, while others allow involuntary manslaughter charges in cases of criminal negligence. Involuntary manslaughter is known as “criminally negligent homicide” in some jurisdictions,[4] though other jurisdictions may use the term “criminally negligent homicide” to describe a separate, lesser homicide where the intent of the perpetrator does not rise to the level of recklessness.[5]

Examples of cases that have led to charges of involuntary manslaughter:

· Causing the death of an unborn child while in the commission of a crime.[6]

· Reckless discharge of a firearm into the air or into a crowd, causing a death.[7]

· A voluntary physical altercation, like a bar fight, where one person is accidentally killed.

· A ride operator at a fair does not strap a passenger in properly, causing the death of the passenger.
https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-c ... rview.html

There are multiple definitions of 2nd degree murder.

1. Intentional killings without premeditation.

These sorts of killings don't involve any planning on the part of the killer. At the moment the murder occurs, the killer definitely intends to kill the victim, but up until that moment, the killer had no plan to commit murder.

2. Intent to Cause Only Serious Bodily Harm

A second situation that constitutes second-degree murder is where the perpetrator intends only to cause serious bodily harm but knows that death could result from the act.

3. Extreme Indifference to Human Life

The third main type of second-degree murder occurs when a victim dies as a result of the perpetrator's extreme indifference to the value of human life. Generally speaking, extreme indifference means an utter disregard of the possibility that an act will kill someone.

He might not be guilty of #1 but it wouldn't be hard to prove 2 and/or 3.

**edited to acknowledge that Minnesota law may vary or narrow the definition...
Locked Previous topicNext topic