DT praises absentee ballots, condemns mail-in ballots

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

video: https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/trump-ab ... 39286.html
After railing about “fraudulent” mail-in ballots without any basis in fact, President Donald Trump bizarrely urged Americans on Friday to use absentee ballots — which are mailed in.

“People should go and they should vote — or do it absentee ballot,” he told reporters Friday, a day after he floated delaying the election.

Absentee ballots “are great because absentee ballots you have to go through a process to get ’em,” Trump explained. “It’s actually a great thing, absentee ballots. I’m going to be voting absentee,” Trump told reporters.

Voters have to go through a process for any mail-in ballots.

Trump insisted Thursday that “mail-in voting” is so fraudulent that the election should possibly be delayed./quote]
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, ya know, Absentee Ballots are "different" than "mail-in voting".

/s
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

🤦🏻‍♀️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You have to request an absentee ballot be mailed to you. With mail-in voting, the states automatically send you a form to request the ballot. So, since the state saves you one step towards getting a ballot, that is to initiate the process, he thinks they are different. Maybe but both will be mailed back the same way and be counted the same way. And if someone is determined to vote fraudulently, they will request an absentee ballot instead of waiting for a postcard from the state.

He's just setting the stage to claim fraud when he loses. He's as transparent as a two year old.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is very disturbing. There is security for mail-in ballots just as there is for in-person polling places. If more resources are needed than the states should get the funding for that. To undermine the pubic's faith in voting while doing nothing to improve election security is un-America.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He’s a businessman.

He knows that one of the only things that really sells in America is distrust. I think he’s playing with you.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:15 am He’s a businessman.

He knows that one of the only things that really sells in America is distrust. I think he’s playing with you.
If by "playing," you mean softening targets for denying the election results, then yes.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

In Indiana you must request a form to fill out to request either. I voted by mail and I thought it was ridiculously complicated. I wish the form came automatically but it doesn't. There is simply no evidence that mail-in voting is more susceptible to fraud. But it is typical of Trump the huge hypocrite to use mail-in voting then try to prevent others from getting the same privilege.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:24 am

If by "playing," you mean softening targets for denying the election results, then yes.
People have to choose, either Trump is a genius or Trump is an idiot. He can’t be both.

Is he so far into dementia that he’s unable to put together a proper sentence, or is he so smart that he is able to reform American law and lay down generational plans that secure dynasties?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:32 am
SallyMae wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:24 am

People have to choose, either Trump is a genius or Trump is an idiot. He can’t be both.

Is he so far into dementia that he’s unable to put together a proper sentence, or is he so smart that he is able to reform American law and lay down generational plans that secure dynasties?
Trump is an idiot savant. Stupid, but good at one thing - playing Americans. However he is an extremely useful idiot for what Foucault would call the forces of power.
Locked Previous topicNext topic