DT praises absentee ballots, condemns mail-in ballots

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:39 am
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:32 am
SallyMae wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:24 am

If by "playing," you mean softening targets for denying the election results, then yes.
People have to choose, either Trump is a genius or Trump is an idiot. He can’t be both.

Is he so far into dementia that he’s unable to put together a proper sentence, or is he so smart that he is able to reform American law and lay down generational plans that secure dynasties?
Trump is an idiot savant. Stupid, but good at one thing - playing Americans. However he is an extremely useful idiot for what Foucault would call the forces of power.
He’s an idiot at most everything except population control and government reconstruction? Then I guess it doesn’t really matter if he’s good at anything else.

But now I think we are getting into who may be behind the scenes pulling the strings while Trump is the puppet onstage. If that is true, people should pay a lot less attention to Trump, not more. If he is the distraction, look behind you, not at him.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:47 am
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:32 am

People have to choose, either Trump is a genius or Trump is an idiot. He can’t be both.

Is he so far into dementia that he’s unable to put together a proper sentence, or is he so smart that he is able to reform American law and lay down generational plans that secure dynasties?
Trump is an idiot savant. Stupid, but good at one thing - playing Americans. However he is an extremely useful idiot for what Foucault would call the forces of power.
He’s an idiot at most everything except population control and government reconstruction? Then I guess it doesn’t really matter if he’s good at anything else.

But now I think we are getting into who may be behind the scenes pulling the strings while Trump is the puppet onstage. If that is true, people should pay a lot less attention to Trump, not more. If he is the distraction, look behind you, not at him.
To your second paragraph. One can do both at the same time.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:55 am

You can’t really, not well anyways. That’s why the distraction method is so often used.

Would most people even know where to look once they have looked away?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:07 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:55 am

You can’t really, not well anyways. That’s why the distraction method is so often used.

Would most people even know where to look once they have looked away?

Follow the money.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

There is a difference and widely mailing out ballots without verifying addresses they are going to - yes poses greater risk of fraud and voter suppression.

Absentee ballot voting is extremely safe and he’s right to encourage it. Plus having absentee ballot voting helps meet CDC guidelines of providing multiple ways someone can vote.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:21 pm There is a difference and widely mailing out ballots without verifying addresses they are going to - yes poses greater risk of fraud and voter suppression.

Absentee ballot voting is extremely safe and he’s right to encourage it. Plus having absentee ballot voting helps meet CDC guidelines of providing multiple ways someone can vote.
Mass mailing of ballots will make ballot harvesting that much easier.

Certainly, no one in their right mind could possibly think that the Post Office will be able to handle millions of mail in ballots. It's already been a debacle in several primaries where people who requested ballots never got them, people who sent in their ballots found out their vote never was counted (probably because their ballot never made it back to wherever it was supposed to end up).

In WI primaries....

But an APM Reports analysis of voter data from Wisconsin’s April primary shows a far more measurable and consequential effect of mail-in voting — rejected ballots. Slightly more than 23,000 ballots were thrown out, mostly because those voters or their witnesses missed at least one line on a form.

The figure is close to Trump’s 2016 margin of victory in Wisconsin of 22,748 votes. And with voter turnout expected to double from April to more than 3 million in November, a proportionate volume of absentee ballot rejections could be the difference in who wins the swing state — and possibly the presidency.

The analysis shows the difficulty some voters had casting a ballot through the mail, often for the first time.

Then we have....

USPS Delivery Problems Adding to Mail Ballot Woesnymag.com › intelligencer › 2020/07 › usps-delivery-pro...

Jul 15, 2020 - You may be waiting on that mail ballot for a while. ... at least 65,000 absentee or mail-in ballots have been rejected because they ... because they were not sent in envelopes with intelligent barcodes that make tracking easier.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:26 pm Well, ya know, Absentee Ballots are "different" than "mail-in voting".

/s
Absentee voting is vastly different. It's a controlled process. You have to register to obtain a ballot. Mail in voting is a bunch of ballots being blasted out to an inaccurate mailing list. They go to everyone. Dead people. People no longer at an address. So you have loose ballots on the streets, not verified, and not accounted for as absentee ballots are.

So, for example, I still get regular mail for 2 prior families at my house. One is a couple that rented here, and one is the prior owner. So, I receive mail for 3 other adults here besides myself. Just got a tollway violation Friday for one of them. There's nothing to stop me from taking all 4 ballots that I receive in my mailbox, filling them out with my choice, and sending them in. Now, I've just voted 4 times. I still get some mail for my aunt who's been deceased since 2015. So that might give me a 5th vote. That's a HUGE issue.

The other major issue is that the post office is absolutely not up for the challenge of handling another 100 million pieces of mail (or however many would be sent in) on top of what they're already struggling with.

A reporter from NBC, I think, set up an experiment. Mailed himself a bunch of mock ballots to a PO Box. Many couldn't be located, many took 2 weeks to come in, he had to go in and have them search and finally found a whole bundle being held up. In all, 20% of them never made it even after the 2 weeks. It was a small experiment and it was a mess. There's no way they can handle that extra volume.

All you have to do is a simple Google search and you'll see articles nearly every day about another local election where someone was caught cheating and they're being prosecuted. These are small local elections. It's nothing as important as the fate of our nation.

I'll get you started. This was actually for the presidential primary. 100,000 voters did not have their voices heard. And this is only one of many out there.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... y-n1233754
IMG_20200716_083050_929.jpg
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If anyone is going to try and cheat it will be the republicans. Desperate to keep power and Trump losing in every poll I wouldn't trust these white supremacist groups that have sprung up everywhere since he's been in office. I'm sure there's are a few of them behind the scenes with some power.

With no national plan to bring numbers down with the virus, it's not clear whether we will need mail in voting by November, but hopefully we won't.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

🤔
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:38 pm

🤔
Florida follows the same process as you would for an absentee ballot for their mail in voting. It's controlled, organized and signed for. They have track of the ballots. It's done on a request basis.

This is in sharp contrast to other areas that simply blanket mail ballots which go to dead people, people no longer at an address, etc. Anyone could grab and return those.

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politi ... d-to-know/
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic