260 test positive at Georgia children's camp

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

School age children do not have any special immunity to Covid-19, despite early speculation. At an overnight camp in Georgia at least 260 campers & staff tested positive. Among the 597 campers & staff there were 344 tested with 76% positive.

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah. I was just reading this on my local news site on my FB. People are all over the whole issue of schools going back with this in the news..Kemp has done an abysmal job handling this and now this has occurred.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

impossible

conservatives have assured me children are not at risk
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And this week in Jefferson Georgia, schools are opening without any mask mandate. Two girls from the high school were so concerned that they started an on-line petition asking that masks be required. They got 600 signatures. Not to be outdone the science deniers started their own petition asking that they not be mandatory. 200 signed this petition with comments like . “Only liberals can get rona and I’m not a liberal,” Another wrote - “TRUMP2020 no mask fo me.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/us/c ... masks.html
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I wish all those children a speedy recovery.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:39 pm I wish all those children a speedy recovery.
Also their families. If they were able to pass the virus around like that after 1 week, you have to wonder how their parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, etc are doing.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:09 pm impossible

Ya forgot your sarcasm font, lol.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:10 pm And this week in Jefferson Georgia, schools are opening without any mask mandate. Two girls from the high school were so concerned that they started an on-line petition asking that masks be required. They got 600 signatures. Not to be outdone the science deniers started their own petition asking that they not be mandatory. 200 signed this petition with comments like . “Only liberals can get rona and I’m not a liberal,” Another wrote - “TRUMP2020 no mask fo me.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/27/us/c ... masks.html
Proof that we're not putting in nearly enough money for education.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

LOL! Oh my ... This just made me laugh so hard! :)
moviestar wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:09 pm impossible

SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:55 pm
SoFloMom wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:39 pm I wish all those children a speedy recovery.
Also their families. If they were able to pass the virus around like that after 1 week, you have to wonder how their parents, siblings, grandparents, friends, etc are doing.
Very good point!! Unfortunately
Locked Previous topicNext topic