New Health Care Plan on Aug 2???

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anyone watch the interview with POTUS and Chris Wallace on July 19th? The one where the POTUS announced he was signing a "great new health care plan" into law in two weeks? It was going to make sure pre-existing conditions were covered, be cheaper and so much better. Well it will be two weeks this Sunday .... but somehow nothing has been announced, discussed, or debated. And I believe both chambers just went into a break for all of August....
WALLACE: I want to talk to you about Obamacare. Since the pandemic hit, millions of people have lost their jobs and thereby lost their health insurance, and almost a half a million have signed up for Obamacare. Your administration just announced that you're signing onto a lawsuit to overturn Obamacare.

TRUMP: And replace it.

WALLACE: Why does it make sense to overturn Obamacare which people now are relying on? Democrats are going to say, "The man who wanted to kill Obamacare is going to take away your -- the protection for pre-existing conditions."

TRUMP: First of all, we got rid of the individual mandate.

WALLACE: I understand.

TRUMP: Pre-existing conditions will always be taken care of by me and Republicans, 100 percent.

WALLACE: But you've been in office three and a half years, you don't have a plan.

TRUMP: Well, we haven't had. Excuse me. You heard me yesterday. We're signing a health care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care plan that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do. So we're going to solve -- we're going to sign an immigration plan, a health care plan, and various other plans. And nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks. The Supreme Court gave the president of the United States powers that nobody thought the president had, by approving, by doing what they did -- their decision on DACA. And DACA's going to be taken care of also. But we're getting rid of it because we're going to replace it with something much better. What we got rid of already, which was most of Obamacare, the individual mandate. And that I've already won on. And we won also on the Supreme Court. But the decision by the Supreme Court on DACA allows me to do things on immigration, on health care, on other things that we've never done before. And you're going to find it to be a very exciting two weeks.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/transc ... dent-trump
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

"Two weeks" is his default timeline when he is throwing out bullshit like this. He uses it all the time. Short enough to make it sound like they are working on something but long enough for his MAGA chuds to forget he said anything.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I seriously doubt he has anything. But who knows, maybe he does. I guess we'll see.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lol

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

...that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do.

So we're going to solve -- we're going to sign an immigration plan, a health care plan, and various other plans.

And nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks.

The Supreme Court gave the president of the United States powers that nobody thought the president had, by approving, by doing what they did -- their decision on DACA. And DACA's going to be taken care of also.

But we're getting rid of it because we're going to replace it with something much better.

What we got rid of already, which was most of Obamacare, the individual mandate.

And that I've already won on.

And we won also on the Supreme Court.

But the decision by the Supreme Court on DACA allows me to do things on immigration, on health care, on other things that we've never done before.

And you're going to find it to be a very exciting two weeks.-end quote

What is he talking about?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pre-existing conditions will be taken care of by me and Republicans?? Is he joking??
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Don’t forget next year will be the greatest economic year in the history of the world. He’s becoming more and more disturbed.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:10 am Anyone watch the interview with POTUS and Chris Wallace on July 19th? The one where the POTUS announced he was signing a "great new health care plan" into law in two weeks? It was going to make sure pre-existing conditions were covered, be cheaper and so much better. Well it will be two weeks this Sunday .... but somehow nothing has been announced, discussed, or debated. And I believe both chambers just went into a break for all of August....
WALLACE: I want to talk to you about Obamacare. Since the pandemic hit, millions of people have lost their jobs and thereby lost their health insurance, and almost a half a million have signed up for Obamacare. Your administration just announced that you're signing onto a lawsuit to overturn Obamacare.

WALLACE: Why does it make sense to overturn Obamacare which people now are relying on? Democrats are going to say, "The man who wanted to kill Obamacare is going to take away your -- the protection for pre-existing conditions."

TRUMP: Pre-existing conditions will always be taken care of by me and Republicans, 100 percent.

WALLACE: But you've been in office three and a half years, you don't have a plan.

TRUMP: Well, we haven't had. Excuse me. You heard me yesterday. We're signing a health care plan within two weeks, a full and complete health care plan that the Supreme Court decision on DACA gave me the right to do. So we're going to solve -- we're going to sign an immigration plan, a health care plan, and various other plans. And nobody will have done what I'm doing in the next four weeks. The Supreme Court gave the president of the United States powers that nobody thought the president had, by approving, by doing what they did -- their decision on DACA. And DACA's going to be taken care of also. But we're getting rid of it because we're going to replace it with something much better. What we got rid of already, which was most of Obamacare, the individual mandate. And that I've already won on. And we won also on the Supreme Court. But the decision by the Supreme Court on DACA allows me to do things on immigration, on health care, on other things that we've never done before. And you're going to find it to be a very exciting two weeks.
He can't do that, Congress has to pass the law first. The Doofus thinks he's king and can sign any edict into law that he wants. He still hasn't realized that there are limits to the office of President. And what in the hell does DACA have to do with healthcare? The man is as crazy as Caligula. Can we invoke the 25th Amendment NOW???
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:52 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:10 am Anyone watch the interview with POTUS and Chris Wallace on July 19th? The one where the POTUS announced he was signing a "great new health care plan" into law in two weeks? It was going to make sure pre-existing conditions were covered, be cheaper and so much better. Well it will be two weeks this Sunday .... but somehow nothing has been announced, discussed, or debated. And I believe both chambers just went into a break for all of August....

He can't do that, Congress has to pass the law first. The Doofus thinks he's king and can sign any edict into law that he wants. He still hasn't realized that there are limits to the office of President. And what in the hell does DACA have to do with healthcare? The man is as crazy as Caligula. Can we invoke the 25th Amendment NOW???
Why the hell not? Obama did that very thing. After telling everyone he couldn't write immigration law, he did exactly that. He signed his EO, DACA. It didn't stop him that only Congress can write immigration laws.

Here's a ton more....

https://www.cato.org/publications/comme ... presidency

Intervened in Libya which gave birth to ISIS
Obamacare
Dodd/Frank Bill
Chrysler Bailout
Political Profiling by the IRS

and on and on
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Chris Wallace is a dem and no fan of Trump. Still, Trump was very cooperative in agreeing to the interview.

Yet Joe Biden, who is still hiding out in his basement, refused Wallace's request for an interview. He only does scripted interviews with his sycophant MSM. I don't think any presidential candidate has refused an interview with Chris Wallace before this.
Locked Previous topicNext topic