New Health Care Plan on Aug 2???

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:02 am
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:52 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:10 am Anyone watch the interview with POTUS and Chris Wallace on July 19th? The one where the POTUS announced he was signing a "great new health care plan" into law in two weeks? It was going to make sure pre-existing conditions were covered, be cheaper and so much better. Well it will be two weeks this Sunday .... but somehow nothing has been announced, discussed, or debated. And I believe both chambers just went into a break for all of August....

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/transc ... dent-trump
He can't do that, Congress has to pass the law first. The Doofus thinks he's king and can sign any edict into law that he wants. He still hasn't realized that there are limits to the office of President. And what in the hell does DACA have to do with healthcare? The man is as crazy as Caligula. Can we invoke the 25th Amendment NOW???
He can use an EO for changes he wants to make to DACA and healthcare. When he took the Obama version of DACA to court to unwind it, the court upheld the Obama EO used to put DACA in place to begin with, which did not go through Congress.

Thus, the courts ruling demonstrates the strength of an EO, giving Trump more power than he thought he'd have through that mechanism.

I hope he does fix DACA. I think is incomplete. Those kids have no path to citizenship, so it's just a never ending bandaid for them. They need better.
The Court didn’t rule on the merits of DACA itself or the powers of Presidents in terms of Executive Orders, it just ruled that the Trump Administration was arbitrary and capricious in how they attempted to rescind it. Dreamers certainly need a path to citizenship, but Obama instituted DACA as a means to let them live without fear of deportation and legitimately work as a stopgap because Congress would need to approve a path to citizenship.

Implementing a “great new health care plan” via EO seems impossible. DACA was just about the executive branch’s enforcement of immigration laws, so it doesn’t really translate to healthcare. He’s been telling this same lie about his great healthcare plan that’ll be cheaper, better, cover pre-existing conditions and offer insurance for everybody since 2016, and it’s never materialized.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:13 am

He can't do that, Congress has to pass the law first. The Doofus thinks he's king and can sign any edict into law that he wants. He still hasn't realized that there are limits to the office of President. And what in the hell does DACA have to do with healthcare? The man is as crazy as Caligula. Can we invoke the 25th Amendment NOW???
He can use an EO for changes he wants to make to DACA and healthcare. When he took the Obama version of DACA to court to unwind it, the court upheld the Obama EO used to put DACA in place to begin with, which did not go through Congress.

Thus, the courts ruling demonstrates the strength of an EO, giving Trump more power than he thought he'd have through that mechanism.

I hope he does fix DACA. I think is incomplete. Those kids have no path to citizenship, so it's just a never ending bandaid for them. They need better.
The Court didn’t rule on the merits of DACA itself or the powers of Presidents in terms of Executive Orders, it just ruled that the Trump Administration was arbitrary and capricious in how they attempted to rescind it. Dreamers certainly need a path to citizenship, but Obama instituted DACA as a means to let them live without fear of deportation and legitimately work as a stopgap because Congress would need to approve a path to citizenship.

Implementing a “great new health care plan” via EO seems impossible. DACA was just about the executive branch’s enforcement of immigration laws, so it doesn’t really translate to healthcare. He’s been telling this same lie about his great healthcare plan that’ll be cheaper, better, cover pre-existing conditions and offer insurance for everybody since 2016, and it’s never materialized.
You’re explanation of why Trump’s attempt to end DACA was flawless. And now we’ve gone another four years without immigration reform and a solution for these young adults who live in limbo. Any president who attempts to end DACA without a new plan in place is incompetent.

An executive order to give everybody a great healthcare plan is ludicrous. Maybe an executive order to mandate preexisting conditions, I’m not sure. But that would do nothing about the extreme increases in policies and increasing deductibles. In other words, no new healthcare plan.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I was simply responding to why he feels emboldened now Francee.

I don't think at this point there can be anything done with changes to healthcare without making it even worse. Obamacare is so deeply entrenched and has so many tentacles that I believe trying to unwind it would cause a lot of harm.

Yes there could be something better put in place, but the transition period would probably cause a lot of misery. That's why I've always suspected he never did anything other than relieve the tax burden.

I think once he dug into it and really saw all that was entailed, he realized he spoke too soon. Things often look very different from the outside. I think somehow getting costs down to levels where they were under private insurance would be something very helpful to all. But I can't see a full unwinding happen.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I just don't understand why DT continues to insist he "has a plan"??? Clearly he and the Republicans in Congress have not been able to craft some new health care plan, so why keep beating that dead horse?

Yes, it is complicated. But why not just admit that and form a bi-partisan group to explore actual improvements?

Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:35 am

I don't think at this point there can be anything done with changes to healthcare without making it even worse. Obamacare is so deeply entrenched and has so many tentacles that I believe trying to unwind it would cause a lot of harm.

Yes there could be something better put in place, but the transition period would probably cause a lot of misery. That's why I've always suspected he never did anything other than relieve the tax burden.

I think once he dug into it and really saw all that was entailed, he realized he spoke too soon. Things often look very different from the outside. I think somehow getting costs down to levels where they were under private insurance would be something very helpful to all. But I can't see a full unwinding happen.
If he feels emboldened, he has zero understanding of what the DACA ruling’s scope was.

He did do something - he endorsed Republican plans that would have weakened protection for pre-existing condition protection and would have kicked millions of people off of insurance. He never presented his “so easy” plans that would do all of the things he claimed - cover everyone, protect people with pre-existing conditions and have lower costs with better coverage. And if he realized he spoke too soon, why is he still lying and saying there will be a plan by the end of the month?
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:00 am I just don't understand why DT continues to insist he "has a plan"??? Clearly he and the Republicans in Congress have not been able to craft some new health care plan, so why keep beating that dead horse?

Yes, it is complicated. But why not just admit that and form a bi-partisan group to explore actual improvements?

You've got to be kidding. There is no such animal as bipartisanship in DC. There hasn't been since the great divider, Obama, became president. Trump could take Obamacare, change the name to Trumpcare, and the dems would vote it down.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:46 pm

If he feels emboldened, he has zero understanding of what the DACA ruling’s scope was.

He did do something - he endorsed Republican plans that would have weakened protection for pre-existing condition protection and would have kicked millions of people off of insurance. He never presented his “so easy” plans that would do all of the things he claimed - cover everyone, protect people with pre-existing conditions and have lower costs with better coverage. And if he realized he spoke too soon, why is he still lying and saying there will be a plan by the end of the month?
Who knows? He may have a team that's working on putting something together as we speak. I just think if he tries this it will be a very rough transition. Obama care went in by phases over a period of time. I think yanking it out and trying to do an immediate switch would be a bad idea. Trying to improve the system is a great goal, but I don't see it being an overnight replacement. But what do I know ... I only worked for one of the top 3 health insurance carriers for 18 years. LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:51 am

Who knows? He may have a team that's working on putting something together as we speak. I just think if he tries this it will be a very rough transition. Obama care went in by phases over a period of time. I think yanking it out and trying to do an immediate switch would be a bad idea. Trying to improve the system is a great goal, but I don't see it being an overnight replacement. But what do I know ... I only worked for one of the top 3 health insurance carriers for 18 years. LOL
His team has said they’ve been working on something that’ll be unveiled soon since 2017, and that’s after he broke his promises by endorsing the subpar Republican plans that almost passed. He’s the one who said he’d have an amazing overnight replacement that would be easy to implement, and he’s the one who keeps promising an imminent new plan that no one should be holding their breath waiting for.

I also can’t imagine the several vulnerable Senate Republicans appreciate him dredging this issue up, since the midterms showed it’s not one with a positive outcome for Republicans - people like Cory Gardner and Martha McSally will have to try to defend their repeal votes when they’re already in tough races.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:51 am

His team has said they’ve been working on something that’ll be unveiled soon since 2017, and that’s after he broke his promises by endorsing the subpar Republican plans that almost passed. He’s the one who said he’d have an amazing overnight replacement that would be easy to implement, and he’s the one who keeps promising an imminent new plan that no one should be holding their breath waiting for.
It doesn't matter what plan he comes up with. The Republicans could come up with a gold plated plan for everyone, and Pelosi and Shumer would shut it down just because the Republicans designed it.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:01 am
Francee89 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:51 am

It doesn't matter what plan he comes up with. The Republicans could come up with a gold plated plan for everyone, and Pelosi and Shumer would shut it down just because the Republicans designed it.
Republicans had control of the Senate and House for his first two years. Absolutely nothing stopped him from unveiling his “so easy” plan that would have given health care to everybody, with no cuts to Medicaid or Medicare, no changes in coverage to people with pre-existing conditions and generally better care at lower cost, as he promised. That plan never materialized, and he instead endorsed Republican plans that broke those promises. Pelosi and Schumer and convenient scapegoats, but he did nothing to even present a “gold plated plan for everyone”, much less get one passed, when he was working with a GOP controlled Congress.
Locked Previous topicNext topic