Another lawmaker refusing to wear a mask has the virus

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/2 ... rus-386076
Rep. Louie Gohmert — a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask — has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources.

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus.
Other lawmakers who have tested positive are:
Reps. Mario Diaz Balart (R-Fla.), Neal Dunn (R-Fla.), Morgan Griffith (R-Va.), Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), Ben McAdams (D-Utah), Tom Rice (R-S.C.) andSen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

Apparently low level workers and aides are upset because of the lax work environment when it comes to mask wearing and safety measures. One aide wrote to this reporter:

"When you write your story, can you include the fact that Louie requires full staff to be in the office, including three interns, so that 'we could be an example to America on how to open up safely,'" the aide added. "When probing the office, you might want to ask how often were people berated for wearing masks."
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The fact that he was diagnosed positive, and then made his staff come into an office room so he could tell them in-person is so irresponsible. He deliberately put them at high-risk of infection knowing he had the virus. This person should not hold office.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idiot
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Stupid is as stupid does.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Masks don't work. From your hallowed CDC. Their results below, which also considers multiple other RCTs along with their own research. I think I recall reading something that the virons from "the virus" are even smaller in size than the flu.

Masks are just to placate you. If they worked, they would have been emphasized at the height of the body count, not now that deaths have fallen off a cliff.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25) (Figure 2). One study evaluated the use of masks among pilgrims from Australia during the Hajj pilgrimage and reported no major difference in the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection in the control or mask group (33). Two studies in university settings assessed the effectiveness of face masks for primary protection by monitoring the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among student hall residents for 5 months (9,10). The overall reduction in ILI or laboratory-confirmed influenza cases in the face mask group was not significant in either studies (9,10).
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Even the Trump/Pence campaign is now emailing their followers suggesting masks be worn. There is no perfect solution to prevent spread, but everyone wearing masks in public could dramatically reduce transmission.

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:54 pm Even the Trump/Pence campaign is now emailing their followers suggesting masks be worn. There is no perfect solution to prevent spread, but everyone wearing masks in public could dramatically reduce transmission.

SMH.

Wait for it, he's going to propose an EO for a stimulus for families in an attempt to make himself look like a hero. Just speculation of course 🤣
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
29again
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 am Masks don't work. From your hallowed CDC. Their results below, which also considers multiple other RCTs along with their own research. I think I recall reading something that the virons from "the virus" are even smaller in size than the flu.

Masks are just to placate you. If they worked, they would have been emphasized at the height of the body count, not now that deaths have fallen off a cliff.

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25) (Figure 2). One study evaluated the use of masks among pilgrims from Australia during the Hajj pilgrimage and reported no major difference in the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection in the control or mask group (33). Two studies in university settings assessed the effectiveness of face masks for primary protection by monitoring the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among student hall residents for 5 months (9,10). The overall reduction in ILI or laboratory-confirmed influenza cases in the face mask group was not significant in either studies (9,10).
WHO and Holland say the same thing.
Expand your thinking

It’s possible to disagree with an article and not respond with a personal attack you know.
Try it.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

29again wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:01 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 am Masks don't work. From your hallowed CDC. Their results below, which also considers multiple other RCTs along with their own research. I think I recall reading something that the virons from "the virus" are even smaller in size than the flu.

WHO and Holland say the same thing.
I believe we can see what happened with Sweden also. They didn't lock down, no mask nonsense and they've had very little death and I believe their activity has dropped off. I have to look at that more though. I just saw a couple of things in passing.

I have to research but I glanced at a headline that the most positives are coming from states that have had the longest mask mandates.

Something else that i just started looking at this morning - besides all of the other terrible things wearing a mask does like killing your immune system and multiplying bacteria - there's a link between starving your healthy cells of oxygen and cancer. Cancer cells thrive in an anaerobic environment. Starving your cells of oxygen and knocking off the delicate balance between too much and not enough oxygen can actually turn your cells cancerous if I read the study correctly.

There's such a strong link between keeping your cells with the proper balance of oxygen and fighting off cancer cells that Dana Farber is actually incorporating some of that into some experimental treatments.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sweden, who only used social distancing and other preventative measures with no masks - Population about 10,000,000 = 5,700 deaths so far.

Norway - Population about 5,000,000 = 256 deaths so far

Denmark - Population almost 6,000,000 = 616 deaths so far

Finland - Population about 5,000,000 = 329 deaths so far

Netherlands - about 17,000,000 = 6,459 deaths

https://news.virginia.edu/content/lack- ... -concludes
Sweden’s per capita death rate was 35 per 100,000 as of May 15. Meanwhile, Denmark’s death rate was 9.3 per 100,000, Finland’s 5.2 and Norway’s 4.7. All three neighboring countries enacted stricter policies. For comparison, the United States had 24 deaths per 100,000 as of May 15.
Sweden's death rate would have been even higher per capita than the US but they are overall, a healthier population. They have much less obesity and other chronic illness than Americans and their country requires every one to have health insurance. If a person can't afford it, the country subsidizes it.

To just read an article about Sweden and masks without looking at the actual numbers is useless. Just more garbage from the base.
Locked Previous topicNext topic