Another lawmaker refusing to wear a mask has the virus

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:24 am Bullshit. Masks DO work. Anyone who refuses to wear one and/or thinks they don't work because they are listening to Trump is an idiot. Why do you think people in operating rooms wear masks and other PPEs? BECAUSE they work!
All the scientific evidence in the world isn't going to convince a person who can actually listen to Trump and be impressed enough to vote for him. Enough said about those people.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:28 pm
29again wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:03 pm
Mommamia wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:51 pm

And in the meantime while we've all been wearing masks, think of the next super bug floating around out there that we have absolutely no immunity built up with which to fight it.
Exactly. But this girl is keeping her immune system by not breathing in her own exhaled air and all the bacteria and virus material clinging to a moist mask.
Technically, we don't have a choice here. Our demagogue gov mandated masks in public places where you can't social distance....in other words all stores, businesses, etc. Then you have national stores like Kohl's, mandating masks in their stores.

Depending on where I'm going and how hot it is outside, I'll wear one of my own cloth masks or a throw away one. Which reminds me, I need to order more of those throw away ones. The advantage to those, though they don't fit as closely as cloth masks, is I can use a fresh one in each store I go into. Some times I hit the grocery, drug store, Lowes or Menards all in one trip. I rip all of these masks off my face the minute I get outside of a store.

What I find really bizarre is people driving down the road all alone in their car wearing a mask. Like who are they protecting themselves from?
I wear a mask while driving. The most comfortable ones I've found are the ones that tie rather than have elastic behind the ears. Once I tie it on, I don't take it off until I'm in for the day. My husband has to wear a mask for 12 hour shifts so my couple of hours in/out of the car is no big deal. Frankly, I'm so used to wearing it, I forget it's on.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ironically, we have worn a mask since they were mandated. My husband has to at work, and while 2 people tested positive after vacation we have never even had a sniffle. Then there is my boys God Father. He posted all over Facebook how masks don’t work, how it infringes upon his rights. Posted a photo in an airport wearing the mask on his chin. Guess who has been very very ill with Covid for the past 2 weeks.

The mask isn’t that big of a deal. If it works, great. I will wear it. If it doesn’t, I’ll take the placebo effect. I will wear it.

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:37 am Masks don't work. From your hallowed CDC. Their results below, which also considers multiple other RCTs along with their own research. I think I recall reading something that the virons from "the virus" are even smaller in size than the flu.

Masks are just to placate you. If they worked, they would have been emphasized at the height of the body count, not now that deaths have fallen off a cliff.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

In our systematic review, we identified 10 RCTs that reported estimates of the effectiveness of face masks in reducing laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infections in the community from literature published during 1946–July 27, 2018. In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks (RR 0.78, 95% CI 0.51–1.20; I2 = 30%, p = 0.25) (Figure 2). One study evaluated the use of masks among pilgrims from Australia during the Hajj pilgrimage and reported no major difference in the risk for laboratory-confirmed influenza virus infection in the control or mask group (33). Two studies in university settings assessed the effectiveness of face masks for primary protection by monitoring the incidence of laboratory-confirmed influenza among student hall residents for 5 months (9,10). The overall reduction in ILI or laboratory-confirmed influenza cases in the face mask group was not significant in either studies (9,10).
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:41 pm
29again wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:03 pm
Exactly. But this girl is keeping her immune system by not breathing in her own exhaled air and all the bacteria and virus material clinging to a moist mask.
Technically, we don't have a choice here. Our demagogue gov mandated masks in public places where you can't social distance....in other words all stores, businesses, etc. Then you have national stores like Kohl's, mandating masks in their stores.

Depending on where I'm going and how hot it is outside, I'll wear one of my own cloth masks or a throw away one. Which reminds me, I need to order more of those throw away ones. The advantage to those, though they don't fit as closely as cloth masks, is I can use a fresh one in each store I go into. Some times I hit the grocery, drug store, Lowes or Menards all in one trip. I rip all of these masks off my face the minute I get outside of a store.

What I find really bizarre is people driving down the road all alone in their car wearing a mask. Like who are they protecting themselves from?
I wear a mask while driving. The most comfortable ones I've found are the ones that tie rather than have elastic behind the ears. Once I tie it on, I don't take it off until I'm in for the day. My husband has to wear a mask for 12 hour shifts so my couple of hours in/out of the car is no big deal. Frankly, I'm so used to wearing it, I forget it's on.
I think it helps some people get used to it. The longer you wear it the easier it gets. Plus I noticed when I take it off and on it gets all stretched out.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:52 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:41 pm

I think it helps some people get used to it. The longer you wear it the easier it gets. Plus I noticed when I take it off and on it gets all stretched out.
I've lost patience with the "mask slackers". We require masks for all vendors and customers who enter our market and while we've only gotten a few complaints, gosh they are vocal and aggressive. Someone accused me of being a fascist last weekend and I explained that actually it was pure capitalism. Without the mask requirement, we would lose vendors, volunteers, and customers and would basically not have a market so suck it up.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:26 pm The fact that he was diagnosed positive, and then made his staff come into an office room so he could tell them in-person is so irresponsible. He deliberately put them at high-risk of infection knowing he had the virus. This person should not hold office.
How were their lives at risk? You and the rest of the libs have been saying masks prevent infection. His staff all had masks on.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:10 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:26 pm The fact that he was diagnosed positive, and then made his staff come into an office room so he could tell them in-person is so irresponsible. He deliberately put them at high-risk of infection knowing he had the virus. This person should not hold office.
How were their lives at risk? You and the rest of the libs have been saying masks prevent infection. His staff all had masks on.
I said he "put them at high-risk of infection" - nothing about their lives at risk.

Also it is widely reported by his staff and interns that he did not wear a mask in the office and discouraged anyone else from wearing them in the office. They were not wearing masks for his big meeting and announcement of testing positive.

Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:34 pm
I said he "put them at high-risk of infection" - nothing about their lives at risk.

Also it is widely reported by his staff and interns that he did not wear a mask in the office and discouraged anyone else from wearing them in the office. They were not wearing masks for his big meeting and announcement of testing positive.

You don't know that none of his staff were wearing a mask when they were in his office. The are all adults. It is on them if they don't wear masks.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:42 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:34 pm

You don't know that none of his staff were wearing a mask when they were in his office. The are all adults. It is on them if they don't wear masks.
I agree that his staff should have ignored his reckless instruction to not wear masks while at work in his offices. I stand by my comment that he should not hold office.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just for fun:
Masks Bees Rights.jpg
Locked Previous topicNext topic