Trump floats idea of election delay, a virtual impossibility

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

President Donald Trump, lagging in the polls and grappling with an economic collapse and public health crisis, on Thursday floated the startling idea of delaying the Nov. 3 presidential election. The notion drew immediate pushback from Democrats and Republicans alike in a nation that has held itself up as a beacon to the world for its history of peaceful transfer of power.

Trump suggested the delay as he pushed unsubstantiated allegations that increased mail-in voting due to the coronavirus pandemic would result in fraud. But shifting Election Day is virtually impossible and the very idea represented another bracing attempt by Trump to undermine confidence in the American political system.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation ... 95682.html
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Sharpest decline in economy in history, and what we get from POTUS is an inflamatory tweet about something unconstitutional. Big surprise.

SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

He just flouts the Constitution.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How is it safe to open up schools and economies but not safe to vote in person. Get your messaging straight.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I will mask up and stand in line for the opportunity to hopefully take this twit out of the Oval. He has to be out of office by January 20th at noon according to the 20th Amendment so good luck to him in changing the Constitution. I mean, dude..did you know anything before you moved into the Oval?
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Co-founder and co-chairman of the very influential conservative legal group The Federalist Society:

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:13 pm Co-founder and co-chairman of the very influential conservative legal group The Federalist Society:

He'll be called a RINO.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:27 pm
Francee89 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:13 pm Co-founder and co-chairman of the very influential conservative legal group The Federalist Society:

He'll be called a RINO.
Yup. But if someone is at the point of seriously calling the co-founder/co-chair of what’s essentially a conservative judge assembly and packaging line for the GOP a RINO because he criticized Trump, they should see someone, because that seems like a cult level of devotion and delusion.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Best. Trolling. Ever.

Trump is a pure genius at triggering the left with trolling Tweets.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The answer to that question is no, he had no idea. He thought the job meant absolute power to do everything he pleased. That’s why he loses it every time he realized he’s not the King and his word isn’t law.
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:33 pm I will mask up and stand in line for the opportunity to hopefully take this twit out of the Oval. He has to be out of office by January 20th at noon according to the 20th Amendment so good luck to him in changing the Constitution. I mean, dude..did you know anything before you moved into the Oval?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic