Trump floats idea of election delay, a virtual impossibility

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:57 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:42 pm
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:31 pm

Wasn’t it liberal groups a few months ago who started talking about him refusing to leave office, using the pandemic as an excuse?? I’d say the left put a bug in his ear that this message would trigger them. Hence the trolling.
I don't know. Was it?

So now the left put a bug in his ear and made him say that?

WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE SAID IF OBAMA HAD TWEETED THE SAME?
Same thing. Except trolling the right.

What I’ve said, not sure here or other sites, was that I thought it was funny. Clearly trolling. Everyone knows this is not Constitutional. It’s so absurd that it’s funny. But not Presidential to be trolling, I don’t care for him doing that.

So yeah. I’d say the same if it were Obama.
Let’s at least be honest. Obama didn’t troll as president. Trump is often accused of trolling “the left” by his base so that’s why someone might think he’s doing it. Second, Obama knew his constitution better then 99% of the population. Trump’s knowledge is at the high school level at best and he has had more than one case where the court ruled against him.

He’s losing badly in the polls. The economy that he loved to claim was created by him is gone, he’s in desperation mode. This is why he’s claiming he has a new health care plan, we’re doing better than anybody with the virus, the economy will be like something no one has ever seen before and all sorts of nonsense. It’s embarrassing to watch.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:04 pm

I don't know. Was it?

What I’ve said, not sure here or other sites, was that I thought it was funny. Clearly trolling. Everyone knows this is not Constitutional. It’s so absurd that it’s funny. But not Presidential to be trolling, I don’t care for him doing that.

Let’s at least be honest. Obama didn’t troll as president. Trump is often accused of trolling “the left” by his base so that’s why someone might think he’s doing it. Second, Obama knew his constitution better then 99% of the population. Trump’s knowledge is at the high school level at best and he has had more than one case where the court ruled against him.

He’s losing badly in the polls. The economy that he loved to claim was created by him is gone, he’s in desperation mode. This is why he’s claiming he has a new health care plan, we’re doing better than anybody with the virus, the economy will be like something no one has ever seen before and all sorts of nonsense. It’s embarrassing to watch.
You just insulted every high schooler. The real problem is even if Trump did know the constitution he doesn't care. As long as his fan base remains ignorant of the law nor pays attention it doesn't matter. Hence his tweeting.
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't know. Was it?

I answered her hypothetical about Obama. Neither of us said Obama actually Tweeted to troll.

🙏🏻 Jesus, please take the wheel here. 🙏🏻
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KnotaDinghy wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:05 am

I answered her hypothetical about Obama. Neither of us said Obama actually Tweeted to troll.

🙏🏻 Jesus, please take the wheel here. 🙏🏻
I know that. I'm responding to you saying that you would have said the same if Obama had Tweeted what Trump Tweeted. I just doubt it, that's all.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

675,000 US deaths due to Spanish flu
103,000,000 was the US population then
.66% mortality

Pandemic ran from 1918 - 1920
1920 was an election year
Everyone still managed to get out and pull the lever to carry out their duty as citizens and cast their ballot

Contrast that with today:
135,000 deaths
327,000,000 population
.04% mortality

There's no earthly reason people can not go vote.
There's also no earthly reason for the ludicrous idea of mass mail in ballots.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:47 pm floated the startling idea of delaying the Nov. 3 presidential election
And boy can you imagine what the reaction would have been if President Obama had suggested the same thing under the same circumstances.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:39 am 675,000 US deaths due to Spanish flu
103,000,000 was the US population then
.66% mortality

Pandemic ran from 1918 - 1920
1920 was an election year
Everyone still managed to get out and pull the lever to carry out their duty as citizens and cast their ballot

Contrast that with today:
135,000 deaths
327,000,000 population
.04% mortality

There's no earthly reason people can not go vote.
There's also no earthly reason for the ludicrous idea of mass mail in ballots.
Spanish Flu ended in the US in April 1920 so if you want to compare voting during an epidemic, you should compare the current 2020 vote with the 1918 mid-term election. Voting in person during the Spanish Flu did not go very well for many people.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... e-n1218286
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And yet he’s only hurting himself and his already feeble chances at reelection. Let’s see how funny he finds losing to “Sleepy Joe”. Because THAT would be hysterical.
So keep cheering him on in this childish attitude of his. Many people are already tired of it and it will cost him the election because on top of that, he’s not doing his job properly to focus on his hobby of pissing off Democrats.
But it’s very telling that you prefer a president that can piss off his opponents instead of one that can actually deal with a crisis and do his job. It’s also scary that you can’t even realize why he’s bitching about “fraudulent elections”.
Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:31 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:42 am
Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:37 am

Enough of the worse decline in the economy in history drum beat. The gov's shut nearly the entire country down. What do you expect to happen to the economy, faries flying around sprinkling pixie dust to ward off a recession?
I'd expect him to not say something so ignorant. If he's trolling anyone, it's to put that ridiculous notion in the heads of his base.
No, it's to watch the left's collective heads explode, and get people talking about the dangers of mail in voting. You all play right into him so much, it's hysterical.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, what do you know? A President that can be that easily manipulated into trolling and doing stupid things? Isn’t that a quality we all look for in a leader?
I wonder what the left will make him do next?! 😂
KnotaDinghy wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:31 pm

I'd expect him to not say something so ignorant. If he's trolling anyone, it's to put that ridiculous notion in the heads of his base.
Wasn’t it liberal groups a few months ago who started talking about him refusing to leave office, using the pandemic as an excuse?? I’d say the left put a bug in his ear that this message would trigger them. Hence the trolling.
I don't know. Was it?

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:23 am And yet he’s only hurting himself and his already feeble chances at reelection. Let’s see how funny he finds losing to “Sleepy Joe”. Because THAT would be hysterical.
So keep cheering him on in this childish attitude of his. Many people are already tired of it and it will cost him the election because on top of that, he’s not doing his job properly to focus on his hobby of pissing off Democrats.
But it’s very telling that you prefer a president that can piss off his opponents instead of one that can actually deal with a crisis and do his job. It’s also scary that you can’t even realize why he’s bitching about “fraudulent elections”.
Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:31 pm

No, it's to watch the left's collective heads explode, and get people talking about the dangers of mail in voting. You all play right into him so much, it's hysterical.
Trump knows that it would take a constitutional amendment to change the date of the presidential election. So, he throws out the comment that maybe we should delay the election and watches you jackasses go bat shit crazy.

With all of the crap the dems govs are pulling with mailing ballots to every registered voter in their states without them asking for one is not only going to promote voter fraud, there is no way the PO will be able to handle tens of millions of ballots.

This election is going to make Gore vs Bush look like a walk in the park. It will be months before we know who won, or at least if and until Biden pulls ahead at some point in the count. Then the counting will be stopped.

Sleazy Joe Biden is so worried he'll lose that he's already claiming Trump will try to steal the election from him, and the vile MSM are helping him to plant the seeds of doubt. That's ludicrous considering all those mail in ballots that will be floating around in Dem states where anyone can fill one out and send it in whether they are a registered voter or not.

But then again, it won't be the first election the dems have stolen. If it weren't for all of the dead people in Chicago graveyards voting, JFK would never have won.
Locked Previous topicNext topic