Religious nut Senator Tom Cotton claims slavery and holocaust were necessary

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Exactly, in Christian Dogma God made everything because in the beginning there was nothing.
So God made hell, he made Satan, he made demons and since everything happens for a reason that God planned out, they have to take their role in it as well.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:00 pm Ah, well. That’s probably why I can’t see eye to eye on that one. I don’t believe in demons. I know Kabbalah talks about certain demons, but they’re definitely not humans with a free will just created “demonic”. They’re different entities and like angels, lack free will.
But it’s pretty much the same. If God made him that way, then it’s not really his fault that he did what he was supposed to do, right? I mean, if God made him evil for that specific purpose, then he had no choice in being good and he had to fulfill that purpose.
Frau Holle wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:56 pm No, it’s that God made demons too.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:33 am Exactly.
So by saying that it was necessary, it sounds as if he’s saying God didn’t give Hitler a choice. He “made him do it” because it was necessary. That to me seems as if he’s taking blame off Hitler

“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:37 am
Frau Holle wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:41 pm
Aletheia wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:21 pm Matthew 10:29-31
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
There’s no promise that life on earth will be easy or free from pain. In fact, it is warned of.
That is true.
I don’t believe the purpose of life is suffering, though. God made many beautiful things for us to enjoy. But this isn’t a world of leisure, it’s a world of hard work and growth. And for that, pain is sometimes necessary. We may not always be able to choose the challenges we face, but we choose how we face them. That’s where our free will comes in.
From the Auschwitz page:
The fate of child and youth prisoners was no different in principle from that of adults (with the exception of the children in the family camps). Just like adults, they suffered from hunger and cold, were used as laborers, and were punished, put to death, and used as subjects in criminal experiments by SS doctors.

At the end of 1943, separate barracks were set up for children above the age of 2. These did not differ in any way from the barracks assigned to adults. The camp authorities did not even distribute milk or appropriate food rations for infants, thus sentencing them to starve to death. Only the children in the camp hospital were a little better off—the prisoner nursing and medical staffs tried to provide them with additional blankets, food, clothing, and medicine.

The hardest thing was trying to help the Jewish children who were at risk of selection for the gas chambers.

The extermination of children in Auschwitz and their transfer to other camps, especially in the final stages, ensured that few of them survived until liberation.

The available records indicate that there were at least 700 children and youth prisoners, including about 500 under 15, in Auschwitz when the Soviet soldiers arrived. More than half of these children were Jewish.

The liberated children were badly exhausted. Many of them ended up in the camp hospitals organized by the Soviets and the Polish Red Cross on the grounds of the main camp immediately after liberation.

After examining 180 children aged 6 months to 14 years, a forensic medical commission reported that the majority of them were suffering from diseases acquired in the camp. 60 percent showed vitamin deficiency and overall weakening of the organism, and 40% of them had tuberculosis. All of the children were underweight by 5 to 17 kilograms, despite the fact that the majority of them had been transported to Auschwitz in the second half of 1944, and had spent only a few months there.
Exactly what "hard work and growth" did God expect 2 year old babies to gain from being starved to death in concentration camps?

Before you answer, have a read of Aktion_T4#Killing_of_children. If you can stomach it.

How exactly does a 2 year hold have "freewill to face bravely" a lethal injection they are trusting until the last is from a doctor who is meant to be good?
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:26 am
There’s no promise that life on earth will be easy or free from pain. In fact, it is warned of.
That is true.
I don’t believe the purpose of life is suffering, though. God made many beautiful things for us to enjoy. But this isn’t a world of leisure, it’s a world of hard work and growth. And for that, pain is sometimes necessary. We may not always be able to choose the challenges we face, but we choose how we face them. That’s where our free will comes in.
From the Auschwitz page:
The fate of child and youth prisoners was no different in principle from that of adults (with the exception of the children in the family camps). Just like adults, they suffered from hunger and cold, were used as laborers, and were punished, put to death, and used as subjects in criminal experiments by SS doctors.

At the end of 1943, separate barracks were set up for children above the age of 2. These did not differ in any way from the barracks assigned to adults. The camp authorities did not even distribute milk or appropriate food rations for infants, thus sentencing them to starve to death. Only the children in the camp hospital were a little better off—the prisoner nursing and medical staffs tried to provide them with additional blankets, food, clothing, and medicine.

The hardest thing was trying to help the Jewish children who were at risk of selection for the gas chambers.

The extermination of children in Auschwitz and their transfer to other camps, especially in the final stages, ensured that few of them survived until liberation.

The available records indicate that there were at least 700 children and youth prisoners, including about 500 under 15, in Auschwitz when the Soviet soldiers arrived. More than half of these children were Jewish.

The liberated children were badly exhausted. Many of them ended up in the camp hospitals organized by the Soviets and the Polish Red Cross on the grounds of the main camp immediately after liberation.

After examining 180 children aged 6 months to 14 years, a forensic medical commission reported that the majority of them were suffering from diseases acquired in the camp. 60 percent showed vitamin deficiency and overall weakening of the organism, and 40% of them had tuberculosis. All of the children were underweight by 5 to 17 kilograms, despite the fact that the majority of them had been transported to Auschwitz in the second half of 1944, and had spent only a few months there.
Exactly what "hard work and growth" did God expect 2 year old babies to gain from being starved to death in concentration camps?

Before you answer, have a read of Aktion_T4#Killing_of_children. If you can stomach it.

How exactly does a 2 year hold have "freewill to face bravely" a lethal injection they are trusting until the last is from a doctor who is meant to be good?
Do you think humanity- as an entity which is able to feel empathy - has grown with every passing century?
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m not God. I can’t answer a question that requires omniscience because I’m a limited being. God isn’t. I don’t know what each soul has to go through in life and why. I don’t know why my brother had to die leaving 4 children and my parents devastated.
Now, just because I mentioned hard work and growth as a reason for suffering it doesn’t mean it’s the only reason for suffering, though. I said this is a world where hard work and growth is our goal as opposed to just being a world of leisure and that those things sometimes require suffering. But we humans are limited in our perceptions, so we cannot know the reason for many things. Even Moses himself didn’t get an answer to the question of why bad things happen.

https://www.aish.com/sp/ph/48943096.html?mobile=yes
Aletheia wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:26 am
That is true.
From the Auschwitz page:

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:15 am
Aletheia wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:26 am have a read of Aktion_T4#Killing_of_children. If you can stomach it.

I don’t know why ...
In absence of a good reason for thinking The Holocaust was necessary (and justified by reason of it enabling Christ to return sooner, by fulfilling a prophecy that requires the state of Israel to exist), then I suggest that the default position should be to allow the people claiming that to be certain, to be described as "religious nuts".
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, yeah. I think that guy is a “religious nut” twisting things to suit his personal views. I don’t think he can make that claim not knowing if a certain path is the only one possible.
Aletheia wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:19 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:15 am
Aletheia wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:26 am have a read of Aktion_T4#Killing_of_children. If you can stomach it.

I don’t know why ...
In absence of a good reason for thinking The Holocaust was necessary (and justified by reason of it enabling Christ to return sooner, by fulfilling a prophecy that requires the state of Israel to exist), then I suggest that the default position should be to allow the people claiming that to be certain, to be described as "religious nuts".
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic