Mary Kay Letourneau, who made headlines for an affair with her underage student, dies

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Ugh. I have a problem with this headline. She didn't "have an affair" with a student. She raped a student. 20 some years later we still treat female sexual offenders differently than male sexual offenders.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You spelled "raped" wrong.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I remember this happening. Back then it didn't really affect me, I honestly thought "Well, he is the one that kept meeting up with her, so clearly he wanted something to do with her". That was my young stupidity back then. Now as a mother I think about my son at that age, and it turns my stomach.

If I was his mom, I probably would have shot her. I doubt she would have gotten much more time than Mary Kay did. I am curious how his family felt when he married her. That wouldn't have been a good situation at all.

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:17 am Ugh. I have a problem with this headline. She didn't "have an affair" with a student. She raped a student. 20 some years later we still treat female sexual offenders differently than male sexual offenders.
I was just saying this the other day. We don’t treat sexual abuse the same when it comes to male victims.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:00 am
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:17 am Ugh. I have a problem with this headline. She didn't "have an affair" with a student. She raped a student. 20 some years later we still treat female sexual offenders differently than male sexual offenders.
I was just saying this the other day. We don’t treat sexual abuse the same when it comes to male victims.
We do if the offender is male. Female pedophiles get off easy. They need to be thrown under the jail as well.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This is exactly what I was going to say. I remember this case and I remember back then thinking what a sexist double standard it was. I’d like to see a 34 year old male teacher get a slap in the wrist for having S*x with a 12 year old student, asked to keep away from that student and then only getting jail time when caught AGAIN having S*x with that same student.
And when they got married there were actually people who found that sooo romantic! It was disgusting. A male predator would never have gotten away with it (except Woody Allen, maybe). But if it’s a female predator it suddenly all about “love”, not S*x.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:00 pm This is exactly what I was going to say. I remember this case and I remember back then thinking what a sexist double standard it was. I’d like to see a 34 year old male teacher get a slap in the wrist for having S*x with a 12 year old student and then only getting jail time when caught AGAIN having S*x with that same student.
And when they got married there were actually people who found that sooo romantic! It was disgusting. A male predator would never have gotten away with it (except Woody Allen, maybe). Bit of it’s a female predator it suddenly all about “love”, not S*x.
It was gross. That lady was running around acting like a school girl in love. This was the craziest story when it all went down
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I remember this story. I knew about their separation. It happened after that big interview in 2017. You could see the unhappiness in his eyes during the story.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
KnotaDinghy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I feel sorry for her children and that’s it. I have no sympathy for rapists / child pedophiles and those who accept them. This woman was sick and she should have been sterilized and thrown in jail forever or just executed. The boy should have been forced to undergo treatment to help him cope with being a victim. The fact she was given such leniency and then allowed to marry the boy is downright sickening.
“You’re either on drugs or retarded.
Nobody posts the crap you post unless they’re abnormal.” - derp
Locked Previous topicNext topic