U.S. says foreign students may have to leave if their school goes online-only

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Mommabearof2 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:04 am I thought I heard on the news yesterday that it was already the standard procedure (law) to return nonimmigrant students if they could only do on line classes. The law was modified for the last spring semester but will not be extended into the new school year.
You're correct. There is already an existing law on that.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

cgd5112 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:31 am Yes, Wharton is now prestigious. When trump applied, it was not as difficult to get in. A dean of admissions attested to that. As a matter of fact, trump's brother reached out to a friend ( the dean of admissions who received trump's application and said that at the time of trump's application, it was not difficult to get in to the school ) at Wharton to help him get in.

Meanwhile, JK's daddy "donated" $2.5M right before he was admitted to Harvard in 1999.

Sadly, despite trump attending Wharton, he's still a horrible businessman. Looks like the only thing he learned was to file bankruptcy after losing other people's money.

I read somewhere that some people in high society in NYC had a saying ...," Want to make a small fortune? Give trump a big fortune."

Mommamia wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:23 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 pm Luckily my kid is here and if he has to start classes online, so be it. He’ll travel when it’s safe.
Something tells me Trump wanted to get into Harvard and couldn’t. That’s why he’s bitching it at it 😂
Your 'something' is way off. Wharton is the top business school in the country. It's a part of the prestigious University of Pennsylvania.
-----------------

Is Wharton better than Harvard?

"Wharton is slightly more prestigious than Harvard for finance in today's world due to its superior reputation for the technical (quants/programming skills) elements of finance."
Right. I don't put a lot into the memories of an 81 year old man.

Who's JK?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:58 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:52 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:21 am Students at Berkeley are creating one in-person student led class for international students. I hope other colleges and Universities do the same.
It is shameful that they are even in the position to do this behind such a trash move.
It really is. And there is no real logic to it other than to be cruel. There are on average 1 million international students in the US. Making students and universities scramble at this point is ludicrous. It's just Trump's way to once again appeal to his base - sticking it to higher education and foreign nationals at the same time.
Our numbers are steady climbing because he has politicized this pandemic to death, stirring up confusion and refusing to quit damn doing it.

It’s disgusting to cause problems for these universities and picking on students as if getting an education isn’t stressful enough with all this going on. I couldn’t imagine having to deal with this when I was in college with no pandemic.

He is trash for this.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Jared Kushner
Mommamia wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:56 pm
cgd5112 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:31 am Yes, Wharton is now prestigious. When trump applied, it was not as difficult to get in. A dean of admissions attested to that. As a matter of fact, trump's brother reached out to a friend ( the dean of admissions who received trump's application and said that at the time of trump's application, it was not difficult to get in to the school ) at Wharton to help him get in.

Meanwhile, JK's daddy "donated" $2.5M right before he was admitted to Harvard in 1999.

Sadly, despite trump attending Wharton, he's still a horrible businessman. Looks like the only thing he learned was to file bankruptcy after losing other people's money.

I read somewhere that some people in high society in NYC had a saying ...," Want to make a small fortune? Give trump a big fortune."

Your 'something' is way off. Wharton is the top business school in the country. It's a part of the prestigious University of Pennsylvania.
-----------------

"Wharton is slightly more prestigious than Harvard for finance in today's world due to its superior reputation for the technical (quants/programming skills) elements of finance."

Who's JK?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:02 pm Man, and he’s meeting with the Mexican President today or tomorrow. I don’t think he speaks a word of English, the idiot barely speaks Spanish, lol. If Trump is more on edge than usual, therefore more incoherent than usual, that’ll be a fun meeting, lol.
Hopefully they’ll bond over the fact that no one likes them anymore 😂. They can support each other, become BFFs.
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:51 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:42 am And on his recent twitter rant he now said he’ll defund schools unless they reopen. And he’s accusing Democrats to want to keep schools closed to try to undermine him in November.
Lol... as it’s looking right now, he’s doing that very well all by himself. Threatening to defund schools is just another example of how all this “presidency” is about stroking his sick ego and. It about doing anything right. I mean, he’s threatening to leave kids without an education unless everybody does what he wants.
His twitter page has been more crazy and unhinged than usual. I was looking at his train wreck of a timeline yesterday.
Hell, I’d rather not know English if I had to meet with that obnoxious asshole. Lol!! I don’t keep up with Mexican politics so I didn’t know their President wasn’t well liked too.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Oh, he won by a landslide, but now that he has proven to be a loser, his popularity is in the pooper.
He’s our Trump and I’m willing to say he may be the world leader that is worst than Trump, lol.
Maybe they can start a support group for incompetent leaders who lost their country’s support. They need hugs!
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:10 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:02 pm Man, and he’s meeting with the Mexican President today or tomorrow. I don’t think he speaks a word of English, the idiot barely speaks Spanish, lol. If Trump is more on edge than usual, therefore more incoherent than usual, that’ll be a fun meeting, lol.
Hopefully they’ll bond over the fact that no one likes them anymore 😂. They can support each other, become BFFs.
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:51 pm

His twitter page has been more crazy and unhinged than usual. I was looking at his train wreck of a timeline yesterday.
Hell, I’d rather not know English if I had to meet with that obnoxious asshole. Lol!! I don’t keep up with Mexican politics so I didn’t know their President wasn’t well liked too.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

81 is too old ... Hmm... But you have no problem hanging on and defending the word of a 74 "stable genius" who erroneously claims he doesn't know and no one knows what the 19 in CovId-19 stands for; and allegedly asked around and no one is able to tell him what the 19 is ...?

JK - jared k

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:56 pm

-----------------

Who's JK?
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It makes sense. Why would they need to be here if they're not physically going to class? They can turn their computer on from their home country the same as here, can't they? I'm not understanding the upset. Just because "orange man bad"? I don't find this upsetting in the least.

What is actually upsetting is the huge ripoff of these universities not operating a physical institution for these students, but they're not discounting the tuition. That's something to complain about. That's not fair to these kids and their families AT ALL! That would infuriate me if I had a kid in school.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:51 pm Luckily my kid is here and if he has to start classes online, so be it. He’ll travel when it’s safe.
Something tells me Trump wanted to get into Harvard and couldn’t. That’s why he’s bitching it at it 😂
-----------------

To get an MBA at Wharton is prestigious. Something Trump doesn’t have. Trump went to a commuter school for his first two years and then transferred to the undergraduate program at Wharton. Not even close to the same as its graduate school.

Trump is the only modern day president without an advanced degree. His voters were too impressed with The Apprentice to notice.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:28 pm It makes sense. Why would they need to be here if they're not physically going to class? They can turn their computer on from their home country the same as here, can't they? I'm not understanding the upset. Just because "orange man bad"? I don't find this upsetting in the least.

What is actually upsetting is the huge ripoff of these universities not operating a physical institution for these students, but they're not discounting the tuition. That's something to complain about. That's not fair to these kids and their families AT ALL! That would infuriate me if I had a kid in school.
Can you ever get through a post without saying orange man bad. It doesn’t make any sense.

Because the United States can’t get the virus in control, there is no way to get a flight to Europe and other places because flights from the US are banned.. One million students. How are they supposed to get home? And tens of thousands of empty rentals if they all had to leave. bankrupt landlords.
Locked Previous topicNext topic