Protester dies, another fights for life after car drives into crowd on I-5

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:06 am I can’t find it now but I read something once explaining it in more eloquent terms than I’m about to: BLM started the practice of protesting on highways to demonstrate what it’s like to feel powerless. After just minutes of being inconvenienced - hell, at just the thought that they could be inconvenienced, people are enraged. Even outside actual incidents like this, the rhetoric of “run them down, kill them all” is ubiquitous. These are communities which have endured hundreds of years of violent oppression; if you can understand someone being mad enough to straight up murder them over an inconvenience, imagine how being targeted by power structures for generations must make them feel.
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:35 pm I don’t understand why people protest on highways. What do they think is going to happen? A little common sense goes a long way
Let’s note that the two woman ran down were white and the driver was a black male.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

That the movement has expanded to now include white allies is neither here nor there. BLM organizers have been using this tactic for years. You wanted to know why they chose it, now you know.
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:47 pm
moviestar wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:06 am I can’t find it now but I read something once explaining it in more eloquent terms than I’m about to: BLM started the practice of protesting on highways to demonstrate what it’s like to feel powerless. After just minutes of being inconvenienced - hell, at just the thought that they could be inconvenienced, people are enraged. Even outside actual incidents like this, the rhetoric of “run them down, kill them all” is ubiquitous. These are communities which have endured hundreds of years of violent oppression; if you can understand someone being mad enough to straight up murder them over an inconvenience, imagine how being targeted by power structures for generations must make them feel.
BionicBunny wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:35 pm I don’t understand why people protest on highways. What do they think is going to happen? A little common sense goes a long way
Let’s note that the two woman ran down were white and the driver was a black male.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Actually that wasn’t a question. I didn’t want to know why they chose hulighways I said I don’t understand why anyone would protest on highways, what do you expect. A large possibility of getting hit. And I’ll repeat, common sense goes a long way.
moviestar wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:59 pm That the movement has expanded to now include white allies is neither here nor there. BLM organizers have been using this tactic for years. You wanted to know why they chose it, now you know.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:17 pm Actually that wasn’t a question. I didn’t want to know why they chose hulighways I said I don’t understand why anyone would protest on highways, what do you expect. A large possibility of getting hit. And I’ll repeat, common sense goes a long way.
moviestar wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:59 pm That the movement has expanded to now include white allies is neither here nor there. BLM organizers have been using this tactic for years. You wanted to know why they chose it, now you know.

I don’t agree with it honestly. It’s much too dangerous and it’s not worth anyone losing their life in such a terrible way when we have safer options.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

So when you said you didn’t understand, gaining said understanding was not your goal?
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:17 pm Actually that wasn’t a question. I didn’t want to know why they chose hulighways I said I don’t understand why anyone would protest on highways, what do you expect. A large possibility of getting hit. And I’ll repeat, common sense goes a long way.

BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Let me spell it for you. I don’t understand how people can be so F***ing stupid! Okay ?
moviestar wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:32 pm So when you said you didn’t understand, gaining said understanding was not your goal?
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

wow, totally my bad, I thought you actually wanted to gain some insight, you could have said sooner that you just wanted to victim blame some murder victims😬
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:32 pm Let me spell it for you. I don’t understand how people can be so F***ing stupid! Okay ?
moviestar wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:32 pm So when you said you didn’t understand, gaining said understanding was not your goal?

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I took it as a rhetorical "I don't understand", as if to say "what imbeciles would do such a thing". I think we all have figured the impetus behind blocking traffic and shutting down expressways. It's pretty obvious.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Your biggest mistake here is thinking I would want you to explain anything to me. All you are here for is picking fights and making an ass out of yourself. You proved that with southern! Not many people here want to interact with you. I am one of those!
moviestar wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:01 pm wow, totally my bad, I thought you actually wanted to gain some insight, you could have said sooner that you just wanted to victim blame some murder victims😬
BionicBunny wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:32 pm Let me spell it for you. I don’t understand how people can be so F***ing stupid! Okay ?
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes, bunny already explained that she was just trying to victim blame.
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 pm

I took it as a rhetorical "I don't understand", as if to say "what imbeciles would do such a thing". I think we all have figured the impetus behind blocking traffic and shutting down expressways. It's pretty obvious.
Locked Previous topicNext topic