John Bolton’s Book

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:44 pm
Mommamia wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:19 am

You know, don't you, that because of JFK's overt nepotism, a law was written to prevent that in the future.

Jerrod is not an employee, but a senior adviser to Trump. In fact in the beginning of the pandemic, Cuomo, DeBlasio, Gov Phil Murray (NJ), Corry Booker and many more had nothing but praise for Kushner in his role in getting them what was needed medically.

"Praise for Kushner has been resounding from Democratic officials in New York and New Jersey. De Blasio has thanked him repeatedly, as have New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy and Sen. Cory Booker. Even New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, in his alternating dance of praise and opprobrium for the White House, has singled out Kushner for accolades (and no barbs). As a senior official in the Murphy administration put it: “I have found Jared to be incredibly responsive. We talk a few times a day on the phone.” The official said text exchanges are even more frequent.

In a chaotic environment, the New Jersey boy turned Manhattan businessman turned senior White House adviser is using his clout to help the cities and states at the epicenter of a global pandemic get the aid they need".
What law? Trump hired his children and his son in law. Do you honestly think that Kushner is doing all that 'advising' for free? Because he's not. They are milking our government for as much money as they can. And my dog Heidi can do a better job than Kushner is doing. What a F***ing joke. He thinks the National Stockpile of medical equipment is for him and not the whole F***ing nation aka the states.
Showing your ignorance again, butterfly......

https://www.mspb.gov/mspbsearch/viewdoc ... on=ACROBAT

In the Federal civil service, an official is not permitted to appoint, employ, promote,
or advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement
any individual who is a relative. Nepotism is prohibited by: (1) a criminal statute
(18 U.S.C. § 208); (2) administrative statutes (5 U.S.C. §§ 2302(b)(7) and 3110); and
(3) the regulations for ethical conduct by Federal employees (5 C.F.R. § 2635.502).

Get this through your head.....Trump did not hire his children to do anything. Both Jared and Evanka are unpaid senior advisers. Erik and Don Jr run Trump enterprises.

I'm sure Heidi is more intelligent than you.

Rant away. It still won't make you right or smart.
I'm sure Trump is making sure they're getting kickbacks. And Trump is committing nepotism of the highest order. None of them are qualified. And they shouldn't be in the White House paid or 'unpaid'. They're not competent, nor did they take the oath that every federal employee takes: "to uphold the Constitution". F***ing Trump did, though, not that it makes a difference, he's trampled all over the Constitution. And I still say my dog could do a better job than Jared is doing, whatever the f**k he is supposed to be doing. And what exactly do Jr. and Eric do besides tweet shit and immediately get their asses handed back to them by the Twitterverse?
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:31 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:51 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:04 pm

Robert Kennedy was actually qualified. He was a lawyer who worked for the Justice Department in the criminal division and then worked for the Atty General in Brooklyn to prosecute fraud cases. Jared has no qualifications for working any position at the White House, except maybe real estate agent. Robert Shriver was also qualified to head up Peace Corps. Ivanka, Eric and Don Jr are not qualified for bupkis.
Regardless of the qualifications of Robert Kennedy, I would not want to see that same appointment made today. There is a conflict of interest if a relative or business associate of the POTUS holds that position of power. Just because something was done 60 years ago doesn't mean we should hold that as a standard today.
I agree absolutely, I don't want to see what is happening today ever again too. And I'm sick of federal agencies grinding to a halt or worse because some high roller got the top job for giving to the winner's campaign. Those positions should be career appointees that apply for the job based on their qualifications, not the size of their campaign check. But her analogy saying it's the same as JFK is just flat out preposterous. JFK was an intelligent, thoughtful, compassionate and competent leader. Nothing about the Trump Administration is competent.
You are a joke. JFK appointed relatives to very important jobs that gave them a lot of power. Trump did not app't Ivanka or Jared to paid positions. Period. Why you can't see the difference is mind boggling.

JFK blundered his way through his 2 1/2 years as president. He nearly got us into a nuclear war with Russia. You should really read some history books, instead of believing the crap you were taught.

Does the Bay of Pigs ring a bell? How about the Cuban Missile Crisis. Oh, and let's not forget that JFK was the president who got us involved in the Viet Nam War. And then there were his affairs.

He had health issues out the wazoo, and was addicted to pain pills. From an interview PBS did......

DR. JEFFREY KELMAN:

By the time he was president, he was on ten, 12 medications a day. He was on antispasmodics for his bowel, paregoric, lamodal transatine [ph], he was on muscle relaxants, Phenobarbital, Librium, Meprobomate, he was on pain medications, Codeine, Demerol, Methadone, he was on oral cortisone; he was on injected cortisone, he was on testosterone, he was on Nembutal for sleep. And on top of that he was getting injected sometimes six times a day, six places on his back, by the White House physician, with Novocain, Procaine, just to enable him to face the day.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:36 pm
Mommamia wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:48 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:44 pm
What law? Trump hired his children and his son in law. Do you honestly think that Kushner is doing all that 'advising' for free? Because he's not. They are milking our government for as much money as they can. And my dog Heidi can do a better job than Kushner is doing. What a F***ing joke. He thinks the National Stockpile of medical equipment is for him and not the whole F***ing nation aka the states.
Showing your ignorance again, butterfly......

https://www.mspb.gov/mspbsearch/viewdoc ... on=ACROBAT

In the Federal civil service, an official is not permitted to appoint, employ, promote,
or advance, or advocate for appointment, employment, promotion, or advancement
any individual who is a relative. Nepotism is prohibited by: (1) a criminal statute
(18 U.S.C. § 208); (2) administrative statutes (5 U.S.C. §§ 2302(b)(7) and 3110); and
(3) the regulations for ethical conduct by Federal employees (5 C.F.R. § 2635.502).

Get this through your head.....Trump did not hire his children to do anything. Both Jared and Evanka are unpaid senior advisers. Erik and Don Jr run Trump enterprises.

I'm sure Heidi is more intelligent than you.

Rant away. It still won't make you right or smart.
I'm sure Trump is making sure they're getting kickbacks. And Trump is committing nepotism of the highest order. None of them are qualified. And they shouldn't be in the White House paid or 'unpaid'. They're not competent, nor did they take the oath that every federal employee takes: "to uphold the Constitution". F***ing Trump did, though, not that it makes a difference, he's trampled all over the Constitution. And I still say my dog could do a better job than Jared is doing, whatever the f**k he is supposed to be doing. And what exactly do Jr. and Eric do besides tweet shit and immediately get their asses handed back to them by the Twitterverse?
You can be sure till the cows come home, but it won't make you right.

Your entire hissy fit is nothing but bs. Rant away. If you think the dems are upholding the Constitution, you're dumber than brick.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Ummm idk what you’re talking about sparky, but my comment was not in any way about Bolton’s book. That trump shoved a bunch of his family members into positions they were not qualified for is a stone cold fact and your “look what JFK did!” point failed before you made it.
Mommamia wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:32 pm
moviestar wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:31 pm when you have to reach back in time over 60 years to find an example that’s kind of a little bit similar (if you turn your head and squint) to the thing you’re trying to defend, maybe your point isn’t as good as you think it is
Mommamia wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:50 pm

But, but, but......JFK appt'd his 36 year old brother to be the US Attorney General, and he appt'd his brother-in-law, Sergeant Shriever to be head of the Peace Corps.
Your lack of intelligence in believing everything Bolton says, is downright pathetic.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:11 pm Ummm idk what you’re talking about sparky, but my comment was not in any way about Bolton’s book. That trump shoved a bunch of his family members into positions they were not qualified for is a stone cold fact and your “look what JFK did!” point failed before you made it.
Mommamia wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:32 pm
moviestar wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:31 pm when you have to reach back in time over 60 years to find an example that’s kind of a little bit similar (if you turn your head and squint) to the thing you’re trying to defend, maybe your point isn’t as good as you think it is
Your lack of intelligence in believing everything Bolton says, is downright pathetic.
Big f***ing deal. My mistake was quoting you to begin with. I normally don't respond to anything you say, since I refuse to get on your crazed merry-go-round. Run along now, and harass someone else who give's a damn about what you have to say.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm surprised you're reading that first over the sister's book. That looks waaaaayyy worse and seems to completely trash the President. The left wing book club has some good summer releases!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:04 pm I'm surprised you're reading that first over the sister's book. That looks waaaaayyy worse and seems to completely trash the President. The left wing book club has some good summer releases!
What do you mean “it completely trashes the president”? In what way?
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:04 pm I'm surprised you're reading that first over the sister's book. That looks waaaaayyy worse and seems to completely trash the President. The left wing book club has some good summer releases!
Oh, they're all just salivating over both made up books. LMAO. It's funny as hell. I'm sure if we could see the anti-Trumpers in real life, there would be drool running down their chins over such juicy junk.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:43 pm
Oh, they're all just salivating over both made up books. LMAO. It's funny as hell. I'm sure if we could see the anti-Trumpers in real life, there would be drool running down their chins over such juicy junk.
What was made up? You spend a lot of time telling everyone they are crazy, need help, unintelligent, disgusting, sick, yet you’re not coming across all that informed or educated on the subject matter discussed. The ridiculous unrelated old shit you google in response to posts verifies this.

You automatically echo the Fox News/Trump party line that NYT, Washington Post, CNN, NBC are all fake. Your list of what you claim is “fake” is IDENTICAL to Fox/Trump’s list yet you claim that it’s others who can’t think for themselves.

Now you’re giving your expert opinion on books you haven’t read. A person who thinks for herself will read a book and then give an opinion. A person who can’t think for herself will echo the party line on information and books she knows nothing about.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:19 pm
What do you mean “it completely trashes the president”? In what way?
There was a clip I was watching earlier where some reporters were discussing it, how his sister disparaged his mental health, talked about how he screwed her over somehow, etc. Basically dished dirt on the whole family and it doesn't paint them in a flattering light. They're positioned as pretty dysfunctional. guess the President's brother was trying to get an injunction to stop the publication but to no avail.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic