Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Dr. Anthony Fauci “doesn’t know what he’s talking about”

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:53 pm A lot of the problem in Texas and other states is people screaming about their Constitutional rights to go out and "assemble", from what I've seen, read and heard usually for parties and going to bars and restaurants. I went to two places this morning, not because I wanted to but I had to to get what we need. I wore my mask in both. Most are refusing to even with cases rising weekly where we are.

Honestly, I'm trusting the supposed experts about as much as I trust politicians right now. They've waffled too much in the last several months and told us one thing after another with no real research done, only to reverse their advice later. Common sense at this point looks like social distancing, masks when in public and not being in crowded places just because people want to, but common sense isn't common.
Putting scientists and doctors in the same trust category as politicians is something new.

Scientists don’t waffle. They give information based on the data they have. This virus was newly discovered at the end of 2019. The best they could do was give information as it came out and adjust it as they learned more.

And let’s be honest and remember our very short history. The masks were made political. Trump sneered at reporters who wore them calling them “politically correct”. Signs went up in Texas and other southern states stating masks not allowed.

I can’t believe there are still areas of the country where masks are not required in public places.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:06 am
wildflowers25 wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:53 pm A lot of the problem in Texas and other states is people screaming about their Constitutional rights to go out and "assemble", from what I've seen, read and heard usually for parties and going to bars and restaurants. I went to two places this morning, not because I wanted to but I had to to get what we need. I wore my mask in both. Most are refusing to even with cases rising weekly where we are.

Honestly, I'm trusting the supposed experts about as much as I trust politicians right now. They've waffled too much in the last several months and told us one thing after another with no real research done, only to reverse their advice later. Common sense at this point looks like social distancing, masks when in public and not being in crowded places just because people want to, but common sense isn't common.
Putting scientists and doctors in the same trust category as politicians is something new.

Scientists don’t waffle. They give information based on the data they have. This virus was newly discovered at the end of 2019. The best they could do was give information as it came out and adjust it as they learned more.

And let’s be honest and remember our very short history. The masks were made political. Trump sneered at reporters who wore them calling them “politically correct”. Signs went up in Texas and other southern states stating masks not allowed.

I can’t believe there are still areas of the country where masks are not required in public places.
Stop with the bs, and while you are at it, stop reading WAPO. One bar owner in TX decided he didn't want masking wearing customers. That's not signs going up in TX and other southern states.

One of these days all of that bs and lies you tell are going to catch up to you.

I sure hope your offspring haven't picked up your habit of lying and slinging bs.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:51 pm

Stop with the bs, and while you are at it, stop reading WAPO. One bar owner in TX decided he didn't want masking wearing customers. That's not signs going up in TX and other southern states.

One of these days all of that bs and lies you tell are going to catch up to you.

I sure hope your offspring haven't picked up your habit of lying and slinging bs.
No, you’re right, nobody made masks political. Everyone was wearing masks in Texas bars. Everyone had a mask on at the Trump rally. We have a president tirelessly working on uniting the country. Oklahoma didn’t report store employees being threatened when asking customers to wear a mask. There is no raging epidemic in Florida, Texas, Arizona and California. We didn’t have a president who claimed In February that the coronavirus Was the democrats “new hoax”. It’s all the liberal media’s fault.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:43 pm
Aletheia wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:51 am
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:12 am The only important number in all of this is the death rate, not how many people have tested positive.
An increase in the number testing positive this week will tend to lead to an increase in the number dying 2 weeks later.

They're linked.

As such, sensible people keep an eye on both trends.

So, large increases in positive tests doesn't really worry me since the more tests performed, the more positives you will find. Should that suddenly turn to similar large increases in death, then I would worry.
Someone's been listening to Trump and his stupid comments about the more tests, blah blah blah. It's about the percentages of positives, not the amount of tests performed.

New York state - July 5 - Of the 66,392 tests conducted in New York State, 918, or 1.38 percent, were positive.

Florida - July 5 - of the 44,627 tested, 7,697 or 17.25%, were positive.

So, if the more tests performed, the more positives you will find was true, then New York would have more positives because they performed more tests. But that's not true, is it.

These numbers show New York state has, for now, got the virus under control. Florida does not.

Hospitalizations for the virus have grown in 23 states.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:48 pm
Mommamia wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:51 pm

No, you’re right, nobody made masks political. Everyone was wearing masks in Texas bars. Everyone had a mask on at the Trump rally. We have a president tirelessly working on uniting the country. Oklahoma didn’t report store employees being threatened when asking customers to wear a mask. There is no raging epidemic in Florida, Texas, Arizona and California. We didn’t have a president who claimed In February that the coronavirus Was the democrats “new hoax”. It’s all the liberal media’s fault.
What is wrong with you that you can't stick to the comment(s) someone makes? You start flapping your gums and throw out all kinds of unnecessary tripe. You're constantly attributing crap that's floating around in your head to someone else saying it. I didn't make one comment about anything in your highlighted rant.

I corrected your lie about signs telling people not to wear masks in Texas and all around the south. I understand you don't like it when you get caught telling lies. But hey, when you tell lies, I am going to call you on it.

Many other members of this group and I have told you that WAPO and NYT lie all of the time, and you're idiotic enough to believe it all.

Trump never said the virus was a hoax. If you could just be honest with yourself for a change, you will check out the sound track in the factcheck.org article. You can tell someone spliced to sound tracks together to make it look and sound like Trump was saying the virus was a hoax. This blatantly false sound track was used in campaign ads.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/democ ... x-comment/

The Democratic super PAC Priorities USA Action has been running an ad falsely suggesting President Donald Trump called the coronavirus outbreak a “hoax.”

At the beginning, the ad splices together two quotes to have Trump saying, “The coronavirus, this is their new hoax.” It is obvious in listening to the ad that he said, “The coronavirus,” and, “this is their new hoax,” at different times. His voice sounds quite different in the two segments.

But on the screen, “The coronavirus, this is their new hoax” appears as a single sentence.

Trump did use the word “hoax” but his full comments, and subsequent explanation, make clear he was talking about Democratic attacks on his administration’s handling of the outbreak, not the virus itself.

From Snopes

Mixture
Mixture
About this rating
What's True
During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

You really should seek some counselling for your twisted hate for someone you don't even know. It's very unhealthy to carry that much hate around in your head and heart. You're so damn predictable. Frankly, it's beyond boring to read any comment you make because you'll twist it some how into an attack on Trump.....even when the topic of a thread has nothing to do with him.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:12 am The only important number in all of this is the death rate, not how many people have tested positive.
An increase in the number testing positive this week will tend to lead to an increase in the number dying 2 weeks later.

They're linked.

As such, the whole Trump base is not understanding the positive percentage numbers being the most important numbers.

One bit of good news is the medical people, doctors and nurses, are learning more with experience and they are saving more people, especially the ones who’ve been on ventilators. A bit of bad news is that they are seeing possible long term affects on people who survive the virus.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:05 pm
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:43 pm

They're linked.

So, large increases in positive tests doesn't really worry me since the more tests performed, the more positives you will find. Should that suddenly turn to similar large increases in death, then I would worry.
Someone's been listening to Trump and his stupid comments about the more tests, blah blah blah. It's about the percentages of positives, not the amount of tests performed.

New York state - July 5 - Of the 66,392 tests conducted in New York State, 918, or 1.38 percent, were positive.

Florida - July 5 - of the 44,627 tested, 7,697 or 17.25%, were positive.

So, if the more tests performed, the more positives you will find was true, then New York would have more positives because they performed more tests. But that's not true, is it.

These numbers show New York state has, for now, got the virus under control. Florida does not.

Hospitalizations for the virus have grown in 23 states.
Unlike you who only believes what WAPO and NYT tell you to believe, I can think for myself. It doesn't matter whether you are talking about number of tests or number of positives, it's all the same in the end. It's the number of deaths that is important.

Do you not comprehend that as many as 80% of people who test positive, were asymptomatic......you know, they had no symptoms. They have no idea they had had it. They never ended up in the hospital.

NY should have a lower positivity rate right now, because they were the epicenter of the pandemic from day 1. Ergo, they've already been through the worse of the virus. FL and TX had both had lower rates, and they are just now hitting the higher numbers. Go back and check NY vs TX or FL say at the end of April. NY wasn't looking so good then, especially when Cuomo single handedly killed off 6,400 nursing home/rehab residents by forcing the nursing homes to take COVID patients back into their facilities. TX and FL had very low infection rates then.

I'm sure it escapes you, but NY had closed down the entire state, which did help flatten the curve. NYC is still in a restricted lockdown. So they're not going to have a lot of positives yet. FL and TX weren't as restrictive, and up until these holidays with idiotic people going to crowded bars and big parties, oh and let's not forget the protesters in every large city, FL and TX were doing OK.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:04 pm

They're linked.

As such, the whole Trump base is not understanding the positive percentage numbers being the most important numbers.

One bit of good news is the medical people, doctors and nurses, are learning more with experience and they are saving more people, especially the ones who’ve been on ventilators. A bit of bad news is that they are seeing possible long term affects on people who survive the virus.
Sorry dearie, but it is you who doesn't understand anything unless WAPO and NYT tells you what to think.
Locked Previous topicNext topic