Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick says Dr. Anthony Fauci “doesn’t know what he’s talking about”

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Despite Texas’ surge of new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Tuesday evening that he doesn’t need the advice of the nation’s top infectious disease doctor, Anthony Fauci.
“Fauci said today he’s concerned about states like Texas that ‘skipped over’ certain things. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about,” Patrick told Fox News host Laura Ingraham in an interview. “We haven’t skipped over anything. The only thing I’m skipping over is listening to him.”

https://www.chron.com/coronavirus/artic ... mpid=trend

Here he goes again. 🤦🏻‍♀️
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:01 pm
Right. Listening to Trump instead of Fauci is what got us here but he has nothing better to do other than continue to say stupid stuff.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Fauci is a fraud. He hasn't been right about anything COVID 19 from the beginning. He's out there trying to frighten everyone again, because it makes him feel like a big deal, and he hasn't been getting any attention since Trump stopped having his daily reports to the nation.

There is no way that the riots in Houston and other Texas cities didn't contribute to the up tick in cases. But the MSM is hiding the truth about the riots causing spikes in COVID. Face it, they lie.

Because of the fear of COVID, no elective surgeries, etc. people weren't going to the hospital until they were deathly ill from something other than COVID. Only about 20% of the patients in ICUs in Texas have COVID. The rest are patients severely ill from other things.

Texas has had 2,457 people die from COVID, that's out of 29M people. NYC, all by itself, has had 10 times that many people die from it.

The majority of people coming down with it now are under 35. The age group that isn't paying attention to social distancing, wearing masks, hanging out in crowded bars and restaurants and going to big gatherings and parties.

The only important number in all of this is the death rate, not how many people have tested positive. In fact, we have no idea how many false positive results are floating around out there adding to the total number of COVID cases.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:12 am The only important number in all of this is the death rate, not how many people have tested positive.
An increase in the number testing positive this week will tend to lead to an increase in the number dying 2 weeks later.

They're linked.

As such, sensible people keep an eye on both trends.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:51 am
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:12 am The only important number in all of this is the death rate, not how many people have tested positive.
An increase in the number testing positive this week will tend to lead to an increase in the number dying 2 weeks later.

They're linked.

As such, sensible people keep an eye on both trends.
Very true. Most reports also list the percentage of positive results - not just the total number. If the "positivity rate" is increasing, as it is in Texas, that means there are more people contracting the virus, not just more tests given.
“Over just the past few weeks the daily number of cases have gone from an average of about 2,000 to more than 5,000 per day.

“At the same time, hospitalizations have increased from about 2,000 per day to more than 5,000 per day. And the positivity rate that just one month ago was at 4.27 per cent is now well over 13 per cent.”
https://news.yahoo.com/texas-governor-s ... 19236.html
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He sounds just like Trump: his ego was wounded over a legitimate criticism and he slashed back. Pathetic.
Sometimes you have to put your ego aside. Especially when the well being of the people who trusted you with their vote to do precisely that is at stake. He owes more to the people of TeXas than a bitching contest because he was called out on a mistake.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just heard a doctor on CNN discuss care rationing in Texas right now. They have exceeded ICU capacity and the case rates are still climbing.
Intensive care units in one of the world’s largest medical centers are operating at 102% capacity as coronavirus cases surge in Texas, according to a report Wednesday from Texas Medical Center in Houston.

Texas was one of the first states to push for an aggressive strategy to reopen businesses and activities after quarantine regulations forced a national shutdown. Abbott ordered bars to shut down again and called for restaurants to operate at 50% capacity after allowing them to reopen.

Meanwhile, county and city officials in Texas have began enacting face mask requirements to try to slow the surge.

On Tuesday, the state saw 6,975 new COVID-19 cases in a single day, marking a new record for the state.
https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/houston- ... 52460.html
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Fauci has been right about everything! He is the expert not the Lt. Gov. who is an ass. Fauci doesn't need to try to be a big deal about this since he is ALREADY a world renowned doctor and researcher. Wearing masks and social distancing is the ONLY thing that will work until we get a vaccine. And as far as idiots who don't want to get the vaccine when it's available? That is endangering others. I have no sympathy for them. They can be last in line for hospital care if they do get sick.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A lot of the problem in Texas and other states is people screaming about their Constitutional rights to go out and "assemble", from what I've seen, read and heard usually for parties and going to bars and restaurants. I went to two places this morning, not because I wanted to but I had to to get what we need. I wore my mask in both. Most are refusing to even with cases rising weekly where we are.

Honestly, I'm trusting the supposed experts about as much as I trust politicians right now. They've waffled too much in the last several months and told us one thing after another with no real research done, only to reverse their advice later. Common sense at this point looks like social distancing, masks when in public and not being in crowded places just because people want to, but common sense isn't common.
Locked Previous topicNext topic