BLM list of Demands, we are literally negotiating with terrorists

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t understand the reparations(why should I be held accountable to something that happened years and years ago when we say that children shouldn’t be held accountable if their parents come to a country illegally) and the redistribution of wealth. Who decides how much money is too much for someone to make? We’re better financially now than we where when we got married 11 years ago. My husband started off 12 years ago making 55,000 and now makes 125,000+.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You lost me at Tucker Carlson. Man acts like he doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I promise you nobody is interested in coming after your low six figures.
hockeymom87 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:59 pm
I don’t understand the reparations(why should I be held accountable to something that happened years and years ago when we say that children shouldn’t be held accountable if their parents come to a country illegally) and the redistribution of wealth. Who decides how much money is too much for someone to make? We’re better financially now than we where when we got married 11 years ago. My husband started off 12 years ago making 55,000 and now makes 125,000+.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:47 pm I promise you nobody is interested in coming after your low six figures
How much is too much money for someone to make? That was my question. And who gets to decide that?
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:02 pm Well, you have to know exactly what he means. Do you? Because “burn down the system” doesn’t necessarily imply violence. If what he said was “if we don’t give us what we want, we will plant bombs on police precincts” or “we will start murdering cops/white people” then yes, downright terrorism. “Burning down the system” is simply stating that you’ll fight for a new regime, it’s not an actual threat of violence.
There are plenty of abused words in today’s lexicon- nazi and shaming come to mind- so let’s not add “terrorist” to that.
Mr.Smile wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:51 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:12 am I wouldn’t jump to call them “terrorists’, but yeah. That’s an unreasonable list of demands.
Hawk Newsome, the president of Greater New York Black Lives Matter, threatened to "burn down this system" if "the country doesn't give us what we want" in an interview Wednesday with FOX News host Martha MacCallum.

When you make demands and threaten to commit more acts of violence if they're not met, that is terrorism.

should everyone burn down cities, seize federal property, vandalize and loot until they get whatever policies they want enacted? that's not how this works. they can go vote, they can peacefully protest, giving them what they want with no consideration for other citizens just to make them stop is a terrible precedent to set. Never negotiate with terrorists.
Tsk, tsk, tsk........They certainly are terrorists....From the FBI site:

Domestic terrorism is the unlawful use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual based and operating entirely within the United States or Puerto Rico without foreign direction committed against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof in furtherance of political or social objectives.

A terrorist incident is a violent act or an act dangerous to human life, in violation of the criminal laws of the United States, or of any state, to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

-----------------------

And here's what the ACLU says:

Section 802 of the USA PATRIOT Act (Pub. L. No. 107-52) expanded the definition of terrorism to cover ""domestic,"" as opposed to international, terrorism. A person engages in domestic terrorism if they do an act "dangerous to human life" that is a violation of the criminal laws of a state or the United States, if the act appears to be intended to: (i) intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping. Additionally, the acts have to occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States and if they do not, may be regarded as international terrorism.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Literally none of these are bad things. I don't understand why people don't understand reparations. White people had generation after generation to build wealth for their families while black people were locked out of it, slavery only being a portion of that. Hell, you could point to reparations needed because of redlining practices and you would find people *today* that were a victim of that. Stop acting like this is ancient history. The rest are all perfectly reasonably things that many other first-world, industrialized nations have, and you honestly would not be able to think of good reason NOT to have these things, other than greed and selfishness.

Also, laughing forever at the prostitutes one. Like that is the ONLY group of people that should be let out of jail, hahahaha.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:02 pm You lost me at Tucker Carlson. Man acts like he doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.
there's a nice little NPR link for you too. nothing to say about their demands, just fixate on tucker's opinion?
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:59 pm Literally none of these are bad things. I don't understand why people don't understand reparations. White people had generation after generation to build wealth for their families while black people were locked out of it, slavery only being a portion of that. Hell, you could point to reparations needed because of redlining practices and you would find people *today* that were a victim of that. Stop acting like this is ancient history. The rest are all perfectly reasonably things that many other first-world, industrialized nations have, and you honestly would not be able to think of good reason NOT to have these things, other than greed and selfishness.

Also, laughing forever at the prostitutes one. Like that is the ONLY group of people that should be let out of jail, hahahaha.
ask how many people receive any type of inheritance? I know I didn't and both parents are dead. there are generations of white people who have always had poor ancestors, then there are some black people who are rich or come from rich families, so how is this fair? Here's what I want to know, if reparations were paid would that be the end of affirmative action? right now wealthy black students can get into prestigious schools with lower SAT scores than a poor white or asian people. is this justice to the left?

the rest of the things they want are all political positions. we get those things by electing representatives who will enact the policies we want and if the majority of the republic doesn't want them, tough shit. better luck next time.

You would not be defending this if right wingers were burning down cities, looting, occupying federal land, and assaulting people then refusing to stop until abortion is outlawed, all gun control laws were null and void, Obamacare was abolished, and the wall was built. you don't just get policies you want by demanding it as a mob, the whole country gets a say.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If you can buy a yacht with a little baby yacht inside of it without a perceptible impact on your financial situation, you probably make too much.

It’s not a comprehensive plan by any means but I like the idea of indexing employer to employee income. Like, you cannot receive a wave higher than, say, 15x that of your lowest paid employee, or perhaps an average of all employee wages? I think executive level pay is something like 33x the average worker’s pay now, so the upper class could still remain quite wealthy, but it would disincentivize wage depression/wage theft. And it still allows for a very profitable business owner to be very highly paid, just makes them do it by compensating their employees instead of exploiting them. Also, since most wealth is inherited, a one-time wealth tax and a massive overhaul of inheritance laws would be important too.

There is a vanishingly small number of people in whose hands an obscenely disproportionate percentage of wealth is concentrated. There is no legitimate way to pretend they just worked hard enough to earn or produce it. There has been a concentrated, deliberate effort to exploit, manipulate, and erode policy in such ways as to allow it to be collected and hoarded. The financial impact on the middle and lower classes is demonstrable and undeniable if you look at the numbers. They have more because everyone else has less. There is practically a road map of data showing their wealth and income growing at the expense of everyone else. And there is no reason we can’t or shouldn’t change policy to reverse that impact.
hockeymom87 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 pm
moviestar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:47 pm I promise you nobody is interested in coming after your low six figures

How much is too much money for someone to make? That was my question. And who gets to decide that?
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:15 pm You need a new hobby. This one is gonna give you a stroke. I wouldn't take anything from Fox as factual unless other news sources and NOT alt right faux news sites said the same thing.
um, this site is a hobby for you so what are you talking about? I included an NPR link too, the fox SS was a quicker one glance summary.
Locked Previous topicNext topic