For Your Sunday Morning Viewing Pleasure

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Trump is claiming he didn’t hear the “white power” yelled out twice. He is either lying again or there is something Seriously wrong with him.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

And for your Sunday afternoon:

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:43 am
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:25 am
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:22 am

I think he said it twice, at the start of the video. Fine person there.
And Trump still retweets it, just in case anybody had any doubts about his racism.

I think the larger story is if a senior center in Florida is this divided, you're in trouble, lmao. That should have been a sure thing.
Does anyone have doubts about his racism?

With 120,000 residents, The Villages is so much more than a senior center. Residents did vote primarily for Trump in 2016 and remembering that Trump won Florida with just over 100,000 votes, the support of residents of The Villages is important to his re-election. I'm not sure how much BLM or Covid-19 response will affect residents' vote but as Trump loses support from the military, I think that will have a much more significant affect. Many of residents of The Villages are former military.
Oh, they will vote for him. I personally know several that live there that plan on voting for him..*sigh* My mother, inlaws and GMIL to be exact. There is a very large following for him in The Villages. It is 98% white there so BLM is not going to be a factor at all, I can almost guarantee. Many of them are refusing to practice social distancing or masks so covid is not an issue either.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:42 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:25 am

And Trump still retweets it, just in case anybody had any doubts about his racism.

I think the larger story is if a senior center in Florida is this divided, you're in trouble, lmao. That should have been a sure thing.

With 120,000 residents, The Villages is so much more than a senior center. Residents did vote primarily for Trump in 2016 and remembering that Trump won Florida with just over 100,000 votes, the support of residents of The Villages is important to his re-election. I'm not sure how much BLM or Covid-19 response will affect residents' vote but as Trump loses support from the military, I think that will have a much more significant affect. Many of residents of The Villages are former military.
Oh, they will vote for him. I personally know several that live there that plan on voting for him..*sigh* My mother, inlaws and GMIL to be exact. There is a very large following for him in The Villages. It is 98% white there so BLM is not going to be a factor at all, I can almost guarantee. Many of them are refusing to practice social distancing or masks so covid is not an issue either.
True. My mother lives in an independent living facility that is specifically for retired military officers so I think the demographic is probably similar to that of The Villages. Residents voted primarily for Trump in 2016 but he has lost support from many due to his treatment of military and commanding officers. 70% of The Villages voted for Trump in 2016. Do you think he still has that same support?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:42 am Between this and the people in Palm Beach (Ms “I Don’t Wear a Mask for the Same Reason I Don’t Wear Underwear”) Florida is really showing out. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️
Embarrassing.
LOL, DH just showed me that video. Crazy.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:00 am
I can't see it. Did the tweet get deleted?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:30 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:00 am
I can't see it. Did the tweet get deleted?
Trump's staff deleted his tweet today. But SouthernIslander posted the video on the bottom of the first page.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I love that feisty grandma in the black and white striped shirt!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:55 pm
mcginnisc wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:42 pm

True. My mother lives in an independent living facility that is specifically for retired military officers so I think the demographic is probably similar to that of The Villages. Residents voted primarily for Trump in 2016 but he has lost support from many due to his treatment of military and commanding officers. 70% of The Villages voted for Trump in 2016. Do you think he still has that same support?
Unfortunately, yes.. he has that same support. The Villages is almost completely republican. I'm normally down there every 6 weeks pre covid. Trust me on this one, he is heavily supported.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:43 pm Trump is claiming he didn’t hear the “white power” yelled out twice. He is either lying again or there is something Seriously wrong with him.
I vote lying. He had to hear that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic