Face Masks are Racist

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:25 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:21 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:18 pm They don’t give a damn about POC. They are playing them for fools.
No, they aren’t playing us for fools. We see what they do too.
Really? You can't tell that by the way blacks continue to vote for the pandering Democrats.
I don’t ask someone white people why they voted for pandering Trump or why they fall for his crap. I don’t care enough about it to worry about why white people vote the way that they do and I tend not to say racist shit to people.

I understand if you can’t have that same respect, but I’m not interested in having this conversation with you.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:19 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:21 pm

No, they aren’t playing us for fools. We see what they do too.
Really? You can't tell that by the way blacks continue to vote for the pandering Democrats.
I don’t ask someone white people why they voted for pandering Trump or why they fall for his crap. I don’t care enough about it to worry about why white people vote the way that they do and I tend not to say racist shit to people.

I understand if you can’t have that same respect, but I’m not interested in having this conversation with you.
I didn't say anything racist. Even though millions of blacks have conservative values, they vote Democrat. There's incongruity in that. The dems know this and they pander for that vote.

I don't care if you read the article or not, but I am sure others will find it enlightening.. A few snippets from it...

https://press.princeton.edu/ideas/why-a ... -democrats

.....In the book we argue that in an effort to leverage their political strength as a minority group in a majority based political system, black Americans have come to prioritize group solidarity in party politics. This partisan loyalty is maintained through a strategic social process that we call racialized social constraint, where by support for the Democratic Party has come to be defined as a norm of group behavior. In other words, supporting the Democratic Party has come to be understood as just something you do as a black person, an expectation of behavior meant to empower the racial group.

Adherence with this norm of Democratic Party support is insured through a set of social rewards and penalties which recognize compliance and punish defection of racial group members. Interestingly, it is the social and spatial segregation of black Americans that makes all this work. It is through racially segregated spaces that blacks become aware of the importance of the party norm for the racial group. And it is within these segregated spaces that social rewards for compliance and penalties for defection can come to define an individual’s social status within the group. The result of all this is that to the extent that any individual black American values their relationship with other black Americans, they will continue to act in accordance with the group norm of party support lest they find themselves socially isolated.

This decision to ensure collective action for the larger group interest is an effective strategy for leveraging political power, especially in a two-party system. A divided group minimizes the likelihood of responsiveness by either party, but as a partisan voting bloc, blacks are positioned to push their issues onto the party agenda. If the Democrats fail to be responsive blacks can threaten to withhold their vote by not turning out. This is how racialized social constraint maintains both black party loyalty and black political power.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:53 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:09 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:28 pm

What she says in this video is spot on and can’t be denied. It’s the truth. If your loved one died you couldn’t even attend their funeral. Two weeks later there is a huge funeral for George Floyd. It’s all show. Go vote blue to stop racism. Blah blah blah. And people have fallen for it and still fall for it. They don’t care about you. Pelosi couldn’t even remember Floyd’s name!
I didn’t watch it. Don’t really need too, since I’m aware of the problem areas on the left. Black people aren’t thrilled about either party right now and I’m over people acting like we are stupid people who fall for anything.
How can you say she is too biased if you didn’t even watch it. Of course blacks people aren’t stupid and fall for anything. This young lady is black and makes a lot of sense but you don’t even want to hear reason. You dismiss her as being biased. Could it be that you are biased?
I’ve already said I don’t care for her as I’ve seen other content from her before and I’m just not in the mood to listen to Black extremists tonight. I simply said that we aren’t stupid and fall for anything, it appears you agree with that we aren’t, so I’m fine with that.

We don’t always agree but you know I’m not politically bias BB as you’ve seen me take the left to task multiple times on this board, especially when it comes to pandering and exploiting our issues. I have never voted strictly Democrat because of that and I’d like to see More of us get out of voting per party.

But I get tired of some conservatives constantly implying that we vote majority Democrat because we are stupid or falling for game, or only listening to Black conservatives they agree with instead of taking into consideration that we just may have legitimate concerns about the Republican Party.

Maybe I’ll listen to it tomorrow, but just not right now.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:43 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:19 am

I didn't say anything racist. Even though millions of blacks have conservative values, they vote Democrat. There's incongruity in that. The dems know this and they pander for that vote.

I don't care if you read the article or not, but I am sure others will find it enlightening.. A few snippets from it...

https://press.princeton.edu/ideas/why-a ... -democrats

.....In the book we argue that in an effort to leverage their political strength as a minority group in a majority based political system, black Americans have come to prioritize group solidarity in party politics. This partisan loyalty is maintained through a strategic social process that we call racialized social constraint, where by support for the Democratic Party has come to be defined as a norm of group behavior. In other words, supporting the Democratic Party has come to be understood as just something you do as a black person, an expectation of behavior meant to empower the racial group.

Adherence with this norm of Democratic Party support is insured through a set of social rewards and penalties which recognize compliance and punish defection of racial group members. Interestingly, it is the social and spatial segregation of black Americans that makes all this work. It is through racially segregated spaces that blacks become aware of the importance of the party norm for the racial group. And it is within these segregated spaces that social rewards for compliance and penalties for defection can come to define an individual’s social status within the group. The result of all this is that to the extent that any individual black American values their relationship with other black Americans, they will continue to act in accordance with the group norm of party support lest they find themselves socially isolated.

This decision to ensure collective action for the larger group interest is an effective strategy for leveraging political power, especially in a two-party system. A divided group minimizes the likelihood of responsiveness by either party, but as a partisan voting bloc, blacks are positioned to push their issues onto the party agenda. If the Democrats fail to be responsive blacks can threaten to withhold their vote by not turning out. This is how racialized social constraint maintains both black party loyalty and black political power.
I’ve said what I needed to say. I’m not debating with you about it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic