Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/26/us/p ... nties.html

trump & co were briefed in March. So far their response has been to ignore the issue while continuing their embarrassing public game of grab-ass with Pooty bear. What an interesting way of supporting our troops.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This isn’t something that should be handled publicly. I’m sure things are being done about this, but VERY, very quietly.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

really? Why wouldn’t increasing sanctions on Russia be public?

I’m pretty sure intelligence officials leaked this to the NYT because they were frustrated with trump’s failure to act.
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:32 am This isn’t something that should be handled publicly. I’m sure things are being done about this, but VERY, very quietly.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:32 am This isn’t something that should be handled publicly. I’m sure things are being done about this, but VERY, very quietly.
So quietly that POTUS wants Russia to be invited to join the G-7?
May 30, 2020

Trump Postpones G7 Summit and Calls for Russia to Attend
The president said he also planned to invite South Korea, Australia and India to the meeting of world leaders in order to discuss China’s future.
President Trump said on Saturday that he planned to postpone the annual Group of 7 summit of world leaders until September and that he wanted to invite Russia to rejoin as part of an alliance to discuss the future of China.

Mr. Trump told reporters traveling with him aboard Air Force One on his way back from Florida, where he attended the launch of the SpaceX rocket, that he also planned to invite South Korea, Australia and India to the meeting to discuss China’s future.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/30/us/p ... ussia.html
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Neither country should look like they are advancing towards war.

This is something that the CIA and СВР РФ should handle between themselves.
moviestar wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:48 am really? Why wouldn’t increasing sanctions on Russia be public?

I’m pretty sure intelligence officials leaked this to the NYT because they were frustrated with trump’s failure to act.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Russia is still a superpower of the world whether we like them or not.

Working with them ( at least publicly ) will keep more people alive and happy in the long run than working against them.

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:56 am
So quietly that POTUS wants Russia to be invited to join the G-7?
May 30, 2020

Trump Postpones G7 Summit and Calls for Russia to Attend
The president said he also planned to invite South Korea, Australia and India to the meeting of world leaders in order to discuss China’s future.
President Trump said on Saturday that he planned to postpone the annual Group of 7 summit of world leaders until September and that he wanted to invite Russia to rejoin as part of an alliance to discuss the future of China.

Mr. Trump told reporters traveling with him aboard Air Force One on his way back from Florida, where he attended the launch of the SpaceX rocket, that he also planned to invite South Korea, Australia and India to the meeting to discuss China’s future.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/30/us/p ... ussia.html
moviestar
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I feel like in normal administrations, one country paying insurgent terrorists bounties to kill the other country’s soldiers is pretty clearly advancing toward war
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:05 am Neither country should look like they are advancing towards war.

moviestar wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:48 am really? Why wouldn’t increasing sanctions on Russia be public?

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

moviestar wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:38 am I feel like in normal administrations, one country paying insurgent terrorists bounties to kill the other country’s soldiers is pretty clearly advancing toward war
Frau Holle wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:05 am Neither country should look like they are advancing towards war.

Negative. I think you would be surprised.
Frau Holle
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh no, not at all. That’s why pretty much every powerful country has their own government entity that takes care of these things.

Countries have “silent wars” with each other all the time using spies and assassins but what keeps the general public of the world happy and working normally is that they aren’t bothered by it.
moviestar wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:38 am I feel like in normal administrations, one country paying insurgent terrorists bounties to kill the other country’s soldiers is pretty clearly advancing toward war

jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I thought trump was so pro military and loved the troops and all that. This is appalling.
Locked Previous topicNext topic