Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
User avatar
Mr.Smile
Baroness
Baroness
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:19 pm
Mr.Smile wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:15 pm
Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:56 pm


Where do you read your news? It’s hard to get Trump’s base to honestly answer that but I’ll try again.

(And don’t forget, Trump told you that The New York Times and Washington Post are fake news. You’re supposed to lump them together. )
as you can see, I am willing to read the New york times, I just don't trust them and I am not willing to PAY to read their garbage. Hence, why I asked for evidence, a run down or excerpt from the article. I read a lot of sources both left and right, but always go in with a skeptical mind and cross reference them to get the full picture. the left notoriously is selective and doesn't report on the full picture.

I am willing to be this story is based on an unverified claim "an anonymous intelligence source" or something similar, am I right?

actually, trump didn't tell me anything because I think for myself. they have printed numerous lies, conspiracy theories or just incorrect info and they are extremely biased.
The WH press secretary today didn't say that the allegations were untrue, only that Pence and Trump hadn't been briefed.
good, she is more responsible being cautious than these activist propagandists posing as objective journalists.
Lemons
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7002
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:15 pm
Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:56 pm
Mr.Smile wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 pm
I can't read that source, don't want to pay for garbage. New York times has lied so many times, whats their evidence?
Where do you read your news? It’s hard to get Trump’s base to honestly answer that but I’ll try again.

(And don’t forget, Trump told you that The New York Times and Washington Post are fake news. You’re supposed to lump them together. )
as you can see, I am willing to read the New york times, I just don't trust them and I am not willing to PAY to read their garbage. Hence, why I asked for evidence, a run down or excerpt from the article. I read a lot of sources both left and right, but always go in with a skeptical mind and cross reference them to get the full picture. the left notoriously is selective and doesn't report on the full picture.

I am willing to be this story is based on an unverified claim "an anonymous intelligence source" or something similar, am I right?

actually, trump didn't tell me anything because I think for myself. they have printed numerous lies, conspiracy theories or just incorrect info and they are extremely biased.
Yet you’re not willing to share what you read. And if you’re claiming that the NYT and Washington Post and CNN are fake news, you aren’t thinking for yourself. That became trendy when Trump, who didn’t like the countless articles from these sources verifying his lies and corruption, started the “fake news” things at his rallies and repeats these claims ad nauseum. So when the base repeats this it’s like hearing an echo. .

Also you’re showing your bias when you only claim “the left” is selective. So are news sources like Fox News. I can’t even call garbage like breitbart and Info Wars News but they have no problem printing untruths and their audience is made up entirely of Trump’s base.
Mommamia
Marchioness
Marchioness
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:32 pm

Unread post

Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:56 pm
Mr.Smile wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 pm
I can't read that source, don't want to pay for garbage. New York times has lied so many times, whats their evidence?
Where do you read your news? It’s hard to get Trump’s base to honestly answer that but I’ll try again.

(And don’t forget, Trump told you that The New York Times and Washington Post are fake news. You’re supposed to lump them together. )
You post nothing but NYT and WAPO so-called news. You need to find more sources, because I don't know any conservatives on here who are going to pay to read a bunch of lies.

Just because you can't think for yourself, doesn't mean that the intelligent conservatives in this group are like you.
Mommamia
Marchioness
Marchioness
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:32 pm

Unread post

Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:29 pm
Mr.Smile wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:15 pm
Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:56 pm


Where do you read your news? It’s hard to get Trump’s base to honestly answer that but I’ll try again.

(And don’t forget, Trump told you that The New York Times and Washington Post are fake news. You’re supposed to lump them together. )
as you can see, I am willing to read the New york times, I just don't trust them and I am not willing to PAY to read their garbage. Hence, why I asked for evidence, a run down or excerpt from the article. I read a lot of sources both left and right, but always go in with a skeptical mind and cross reference them to get the full picture. the left notoriously is selective and doesn't report on the full picture.

I am willing to be this story is based on an unverified claim "an anonymous intelligence source" or something similar, am I right?

actually, trump didn't tell me anything because I think for myself. they have printed numerous lies, conspiracy theories or just incorrect info and they are extremely biased.
Yet you’re not willing to share what you read. And if you’re claiming that the NYT and Washington Post and CNN are fake news, you aren’t thinking for yourself. That became trendy when Trump, who didn’t like the countless articles from these sources verifying his lies and corruption, started the “fake news” things at his rallies and repeats these claims ad nauseum. So when the base repeats this it’s like hearing an echo. .

Also you’re showing your bias when you only claim “the left” is selective. So are news sources like Fox News. I can’t even call garbage like breitbart and Info Wars News but they have no problem printing untruths and their audience is made up entirely of Trump’s base.
WAPO and NYT have been nothing but rags for decades, only writing positive stories on dems like the Clintons and Obama, and writing nothing but garbage about Republicans. We didn't need Trump to tell us that. We knew it long before he came along.
jessilin0113
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1037
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Unread post

Nobody has actually denied the crux of the story, just that Trump was briefed on it. Which is also bad.
User avatar
MonarchMom
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2688
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Unread post

I don't see anywhere that the POTUS has said he will take immediate action if this info proves true. Only attacks on journalists and proclaiming his own ignorance of the briefings.

Story is also in WSJ and SKY news. No one at WH has said it isn't true - only that VP and POTUS aren't in the loop. Which is very concerning as well.





Lemons
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7002
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

Mommamia wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:48 pm
Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:56 pm
Mr.Smile wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 pm
I can't read that source, don't want to pay for garbage. New York times has lied so many times, whats their evidence?
Where do you read your news? It’s hard to get Trump’s base to honestly answer that but I’ll try again.

(And don’t forget, Trump told you that The New York Times and Washington Post are fake news. You’re supposed to lump them together. )
You post nothing but NYT and WAPO so-called news. You need to find more sources, because I don't know any conservatives on here who are going to pay to read a bunch of lies.

Just because you can't think for yourself, doesn't mean that the intelligent conservatives in this group are like you.
You won't even admit what you read and have never posted any evidence in your claims that these top papers post "lies" like you claim. Post some sources that back up your claims. You have never posted a source that backs up your claims.

Plus what does posting articles have to do with"not thinking for yourself". Does that even make sense? Was I supposed to think up the information on Russia for myself?
Mommamia
Marchioness
Marchioness
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:32 pm

Unread post

Lemons wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Mommamia wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:48 pm
Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:56 pm


Where do you read your news? It’s hard to get Trump’s base to honestly answer that but I’ll try again.

(And don’t forget, Trump told you that The New York Times and Washington Post are fake news. You’re supposed to lump them together. )
You post nothing but NYT and WAPO so-called news. You need to find more sources, because I don't know any conservatives on here who are going to pay to read a bunch of lies.

Just because you can't think for yourself, doesn't mean that the intelligent conservatives in this group are like you.
You won't even admit what you read and have never posted any evidence in your claims that these top papers post "lies" like you claim. Post some sources that back up your claims. You have never posted a source that backs up your claims.

Plus what does posting articles have to do with"not thinking for yourself". Does that even make sense? Was I supposed to think up the information on Russia for myself?
Your total lack of reading comprehension is downright pathetic. I already answered you days ago, and I'm not going to repeat myself. You don't think for yourself because you take everything WAPO and NYT prints, says, whatever, as gospel.

I'm also not going to put link after link here to support what anyone with half a brain already knows. Seeing that anything you try to google with NYT or WAPO in the subject line, just goes to WAPO and NYT, you'll have to go to Bing to find plenty of evidence.
Lemons
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7002
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

Mommamia wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:42 pm
Lemons wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Mommamia wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:48 pm


You post nothing but NYT and WAPO so-called news. You need to find more sources, because I don't know any conservatives on here who are going to pay to read a bunch of lies.

Just because you can't think for yourself, doesn't mean that the intelligent conservatives in this group are like you.
You won't even admit what you read and have never posted any evidence in your claims that these top papers post "lies" like you claim. Post some sources that back up your claims. You have never posted a source that backs up your claims.

Plus what does posting articles have to do with"not thinking for yourself". Does that even make sense? Was I supposed to think up the information on Russia for myself?
Your total lack of reading comprehension is downright pathetic. I already answered you days ago, and I'm not going to repeat myself. You don't think for yourself because you take everything WAPO and NYT prints, says, whatever, as gospel.

I'm also not going to put link after link here to support what anyone with half a brain already knows. Seeing that anything you try to google with NYT or WAPO in the subject line, just goes to WAPO and NYT, you'll have to go to Bing to find plenty of evidence.
You wrote that you get your news from Fox News and a couple of basic TV channels. You also claimed you read liberal news and conservative news but didn’t name them.

If the NYT is wrong, share your verifications to prove that. You have never backed up your claims with actual information.

And why would you automatically doubt the story anyway. Putin is perfectly capable of doing something like this and has done worse. Much worse.
WellPreserved
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1886
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:52 pm

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:05 pm
I don't see anywhere that the POTUS has said he will take immediate action if this info proves true. Only attacks on journalists and proclaiming his own ignorance of the briefings.

Story is also in WSJ and SKY news. No one at WH has said it isn't true - only that VP and POTUS aren't in the loop. Which is very concerning as well.





AP is also confirming the story and adding that Trump was briefed.

https://apnews.com/02975c59e71e65327e2f582cd1a91f43
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic