Russia Secretly Offered Afghan Militants Bounties to Kill U.S. Troops, Intelligence Says

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7025
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:32 am
This isn’t something that should be handled publicly. I’m sure things are being done about this, but VERY, very quietly.
Have you heard about our current president? The guy who ignored the intelligence reports that came out months before the virus hit the US because he didn’t want his trade agreement messed up? You are given our current leaders too much credit.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:52 pm

Unread post

This is bad. Really bad. What's also bad is the claims from the White House that Trump and Pence weren't briefed on this. FFS, seriously?
User avatar
Aletheia
Marchioness
Marchioness
Posts: 721
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 8:44 pm
Location: England

Unread post

Frau Holle wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:32 am
I’m sure things are being done about this, but VERY, very quietly.
You have a great deal of faith in your leader.
User avatar
Mr.Smile
Baroness
Baroness
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Unread post

I can't read that source, don't want to pay for garbage. New York times has lied so many times, whats their evidence?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7025
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 pm
I can't read that source, don't want to pay for garbage. New York times has lied so many times, whats their evidence?
Where do you read your news? It’s hard to get Trump’s base to honestly answer that but I’ll try again.

(And don’t forget, Trump told you that The New York Times and Washington Post are fake news. You’re supposed to lump them together. )
User avatar
Frau Holle
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1518
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Far away

Unread post

Aletheia wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:37 pm
Frau Holle wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:32 am
I’m sure things are being done about this, but VERY, very quietly.
You have a great deal of faith in your leader.
I do, but she has proven herself.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
User avatar
Frau Holle
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1518
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Far away

Unread post

Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:22 pm
Frau Holle wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:32 am
This isn’t something that should be handled publicly. I’m sure things are being done about this, but VERY, very quietly.
Have you heard about our current president? The guy who ignored the intelligence reports that came out months before the virus hit the US because he didn’t want his trade agreement messed up? You are given our current leaders too much credit.
I don’t think Trump will be involved in taking care of this.

He’s a temporary employee. We have salesmen with longer contracts than US presidents.


Whoever is making the decision has a full on career.
“ I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night “ - Sarah Williams
User avatar
Mr.Smile
Baroness
Baroness
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Unread post

Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:56 pm
Mr.Smile wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 pm
I can't read that source, don't want to pay for garbage. New York times has lied so many times, whats their evidence?
Where do you read your news? It’s hard to get Trump’s base to honestly answer that but I’ll try again.

(And don’t forget, Trump told you that The New York Times and Washington Post are fake news. You’re supposed to lump them together. )
as you can see, I am willing to read the New york times, I just don't trust them and I am not willing to PAY to read their garbage. Hence, why I asked for evidence, a run down or excerpt from the article. I read a lot of sources both left and right, but always go in with a skeptical mind and cross reference them to get the full picture. the left notoriously is selective and doesn't report on the full picture.

I am willing to be this story is based on an unverified claim "an anonymous intelligence source" or something similar, am I right?

actually, trump didn't tell me anything because I think for myself. they have printed numerous lies, conspiracy theories or just incorrect info and they are extremely biased.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:52 pm

Unread post

Mr.Smile wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:15 pm
Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:56 pm
Mr.Smile wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:41 pm
I can't read that source, don't want to pay for garbage. New York times has lied so many times, whats their evidence?
Where do you read your news? It’s hard to get Trump’s base to honestly answer that but I’ll try again.

(And don’t forget, Trump told you that The New York Times and Washington Post are fake news. You’re supposed to lump them together. )
as you can see, I am willing to read the New york times, I just don't trust them and I am not willing to PAY to read their garbage. Hence, why I asked for evidence, a run down or excerpt from the article. I read a lot of sources both left and right, but always go in with a skeptical mind and cross reference them to get the full picture. the left notoriously is selective and doesn't report on the full picture.

I am willing to be this story is based on an unverified claim "an anonymous intelligence source" or something similar, am I right?

actually, trump didn't tell me anything because I think for myself. they have printed numerous lies, conspiracy theories or just incorrect info and they are extremely biased.
The WH press secretary today didn't say that the allegations were untrue, only that Pence and Trump hadn't been briefed.
User avatar
Mr.Smile
Baroness
Baroness
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:16 pm

Unread post

well now I know why No one wants to post snippets

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic