NCAA bans championship events in Mississippi because of its flag

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:44 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:26 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:06 pm

I think this kick in their (basket)balls will prompt a swift reaction. Hopefully.
Nah, this isn’t the first time Mississippi has gotten external pressure to change the flag and they didn’t budge. They take a really “stay out of our business and let us work this out” stance on stuff like this (not just the flag).

If this gets pushed through, it will be because of Mississippians who have fought long and hard for change.
You're right and I apologize. I know that Mississippians have fought hard for this change so to attribute it to NCAA is quite out-of-touch.
Oh no, I didn’t take it that way and I am sorry if it came off like I did. This just became a national story in recent years and they don’t tell the whole story, so that doesn’t make you out of touch. I was explaining some of the history behind the debate.

I need to work on softening my tone in my writing style. I think I come off aggressive even if I don’t mean it that way.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I hope this is a good sign that the change is looking promising.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:06 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:04 pm
Yeah I saw that. But "appears to have enough votes" doesn't actually mean anything, though. They actually have to do it.
I think this kick in their (basket)balls will prompt a swift reaction. Hopefully.
And you were right about this. The governor mentioned economic prosperity and I’m sure this is what he was talking about.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Only the first step... Law has to be crafted, then voted on by Mississippi House and Senate, then signed by Governor.

But it is a big first step.

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:53 pm Only the first step... Law has to be crafted, then voted on by Mississippi House and Senate, then signed by Governor.

But it is a big first step.

I couldn’t believe the governor said he would sign it without putting up a fight.
Locked Previous topicNext topic