BLM Mural coming to 5th Avenue

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Trump might think he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and still not lose any voters, but he can't do a thing about the big yellow "Black Lives Matter" that coming to 5th Avenue right in front of Trump Tower. It will look similar to this one on Brooklyn:

The words are expected to be painted in the coming week on Fifth Avenue, between 56th and 57th Streets, according to the city.

“The president is a disgrace to the values we cherish in New York City,” Julia Arredondo, a spokeswoman for Mr. de Blasio, said in a statement on Thursday. “He can’t run or deny the reality we are facing, and any time he wants to set foot in the place he claims is his hometown, he should be reminded Black Lives Matter.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/nyre ... e=Homepage
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yet the President of BET praised Trump.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lord.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Why not an actual mural on an approved wall or building that isn't going to be driven over, snow and rain ruining the design of over the years (I've been to NYC multiple times and many of the streets are in dire need of repaving and road work), and that won't eventually wear down due to foot and car traffic? That people can actually enjoy seeing vs walking/driving over for a very short amount of time?

Some murals are absolutely beautiful and insane works of art. THIS will not do what a mural on a wall or building could do IMO.

I get the point, however, if it's being done in front of Trump Tower as many still believe the man is a racist.

I suppose whatever drives them....
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:12 pm Yet the President of BET praised Trump.
Your point? Are you going to count the people that still praise Trump?
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

^^^ SMFH 🤦🏻‍♀️
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

His last tweet was confusing. Was he thinking they were going to paint that Pigs in a blanket slogan on the street? Or is he calling the “Black Lives Matter” expression a symbol of hate.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:57 pm Why not an actual mural on an approved wall or building that isn't going to be driven over, snow and rain ruining the design of over the years (I've been to NYC multiple times and many of the streets are in dire need of repaving and road work), and that won't eventually wear down due to foot and car traffic? That people can actually enjoy seeing vs walking/driving over for a very short amount of time?

Some murals are absolutely beautiful and insane works of art. THIS will not do what a mural on a wall or building could do IMO.

I get the point, however, if it's being done in front of Trump Tower as many still believe the man is a racist.

I suppose whatever drives them....
They did one in Cincinnati on the street too. They had a different artist do each letter. Too bad it will be ruined by driving on it.
64BBC405-4F0C-4E11-9620-A2BDFED578A1.jpeg
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:48 pm His last tweet was confusing. Was he thinking they were going to paint that Pigs in a blanket slogan on the street? Or is he calling the “Black Lives Matter” expression a symbol of hate.
That was the BLM chant against police a few years ago during their protests. I think it started around the time of Ferguson.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
Locked Previous topicNext topic