Bob the Tomato on race in America

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Phil Vischer is a Christian speaker and author, and is also the voice of Bob the Tomato on Veggie Tales. With that being said, this isn’t a religious video, so don’t let that prevent you from watching the video.

WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

That was amazing. I knew all the information that he presented BUT to have it compiled and presented so clearly and simply was incredibly powerful.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:02 pm That was amazing. I knew all the information that he presented BUT to have it compiled and presented so clearly and simply was incredibly powerful.
I thought so as well. I’ll be honest I didn’t know all the information, so I appreciate the info he provided. An political columnist I follow on FB posted the video.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:08 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:02 pm That was amazing. I knew all the information that he presented BUT to have it compiled and presented so clearly and simply was incredibly powerful.
I thought so as well. I’ll be honest I didn’t know all the information, so I appreciate the info he provided. An political columnist I follow on FB posted the video.
I should clarify that I knew the information broadly (wealth disparity, red lining, war on drugs, etc.) but did not know the numbers which were staggering.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I remember growing up in a town where the neighborhoods were mostly segregated although the schools weren't- this was the seventies and eighties. At one point i had an African American friend. We were 13. Her family appeared to look upon me with suspicion. While i could visit her and was tolerated she wasn't allowed to come to my house in the white neighborhood. I recall my mother being angered by this and confronting her family in a letter. It didn't help matters although at the time I didn't understand why this was all such a problem. In the end it killed our friendship. Only the last few years have I realized why her family, growing up in the south, looked at us, Northerners with little experience of Jim Crow laws, with suspicion. I knew what they were of course. Just didn't connect how her family must have been affected and feared us. I wish I could tell her I'm sorry. We didn't help matters I'm sure.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:54 pm I remember growing up in a town where the neighborhoods were mostly segregated although the schools weren't- this was the seventies and eighties. At one point i had an African American friend. We were 13. Her family appeared to look upon me with suspicion. While i could visit her and was tolerated she wasn't allowed to come to my house in the white neighborhood. I recall my mother being angered by this and confronting her family in a letter. It didn't help matters although at the time I didn't understand why this was all such a problem. In the end it killed our friendship. Only the last few years have I realized why her family, growing up in the south, looked at us, Northerners with little experience of Jim Crow laws, with suspicion. I knew what they were of course. Just didn't connect how her family must have been affected and feared us. I wish I could tell her I'm sorry. We didn't help matters I'm sure.
I wont lie, I still feel like that at times, especially when people outside of the south start shaming us and passing judgement when they really don’t understand what we face in the south. My family has been fortunate to come a long way generationally but it’s still an uphill battle.

You never know, you may be able to reconnect but if not, it’s awesome that you took that experience to learn/grow from it because a lot of people don’t.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

This is good stuff Jules!!! This really sums up what I was saying on that other thread. I’m going to save this and share. Thanks for posting.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He made a follow up video if anyone is interested.

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wish everyone would watch this.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nixon campaigning on Law and Order with many Americans thinking that the problems were communists and negroes protesting.

Where have we heard that before?
Locked Previous topicNext topic