The Dixie Chicks have apparently dropped the 'Dixie' from their name

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Following Lady Antebellum’s name change to Lady A due to “associations that weigh down this word referring to the period of history before the Civil War, which includes slavery,” another famous country trio has apparently shortened its name for similar reasons. From now on, after more than 30 years, the Dixie Chicks will simply be known as the Chicks.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/the ... 29276.html
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Not surprised at all. Natalie Maines has always been politically-driven and an activist especially.

However, the sad fact for me is that I had no idea they were even back together again as a band.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They're still around? LOL
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:32 am They're still around? LOL
They got together so they could change the name of the band... pfft
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That's cool.

At least they got their name mentioned in the news.

Honestly, it wouldn't have mattered either way. They're so 90's and insignificant.

But good for them.
DSamuels
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So now they are just “The Chicks.” That has to be offensive to some group out there I’m sure.
Never explain - your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway. - Elbert Hubbard

Keep up - Calm Down - Pay Attention
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

As a lover of country music, this one seems a little more awkward than the Lady A change. Lady A has been a shortened form by fans for awhile, so they change wasn’t that significant. The Dixie Chicks being called The Chicks just seems weird, and will take some getting used to. I do look forward to their new album, though. The country music genre has made a lot of changes over the years and expanded their fan base, so I think this will be a good time for them to re enter the music scene.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

DSamuels wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:19 am So now they are just “The Chicks.” That has to be offensive to some group out there I’m sure.
feminists have had a problem with "chicks" since I can remember. Well, what do you know? lol

"Being called a bird is infantilising. Such terms hold women back"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... women-back
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

I have never been a fan nor cared about them but ok. Everyone has just got to get a little piece of the BLM pie to promote themselves 🥱
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

More disgraceful than the name is the fact that either is considered the be country music.
Locked Previous topicNext topic