123,000 deaths so far while Trump makes jokes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
jessilin0113
Duchess
Duchess
Posts: 1046
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Unread post

Mommamia wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:03 pm
WellPreserved wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:06 pm
BionicBunny wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:53 pm


“ Trump rally may cause spread in coronavirus “
“ How risky is it to attend a Trump rally during a pandemic”.

“ no coronavirus spread from BLM protests”.
“So far so good, no coronavirus spread from protests”.
From reporting I've seen, there has not been the anticipated spread from protestors. This is a good thing, especially for those with elementary kids as at least in our school district they're rethinking "no recess policy" for opening up the schools next semester.

Trump rally "may" cause spread because it was indoors. I believe a reporter who attended the rally was just diagnosed yesterday? Indoor events are "risky" as we are seeing spread from those who visit bars and restaurants more so than those who attend outdoor events. Again, I don't see this as necessarily a bad thing. As we learn about this virus, we learn about what activities are safer than others.
Search Results
Web results

LAPD coronavirus cases spike following protests - Los ...www.latimes.com › california › story › lapd-coronaviru...
4 days ago - Coronavirus infections among Los Angeles police officers spiked in recent weeks ... LAPD coronavirus cases spike, adding to debate over role of protests in spread ... LAPD officers in riot gear and face masks stand in front of police ... “This was a 21% increase and is about twice the rate of our historic rate of ...
LOL.
During a public comment portion of the Police Commission’s online meeting Tuesday, multiple callers ripped into Moore over the issue, saying he should not be surprised that officers had contracted the virus, given that many of them had dismissed public safety concerns and refused to wear masks amid the protest crackdowns.
Francee89
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3640
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Unread post

Mommamia wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:00 pm
Francee89 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:12 pm
Mommamia wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:30 pm


Just because a gov reopens bars, doesn't mean young people get a pass to act like assholes and congregate in crowded bars. The same goes for opened up beaches.

The idea behind opening up in stages has always been if there's a large spike in cases, then the gov's would pull back and institute more restrictions again. Obviously, some states need to step back.

Dan Patrick did not say that,,

Most bars are, by nature, hard to social distance and wear masks in. If they didn’t want young people congregating in them, then they should have kept them closed. These states wouldn’t have had to do this, costing lives and again causing economic turmoil, had federal officials encouraged and state officials carried out responsible reopening in the first place.

Dan Patrick: “No one reached out to me and said, as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren? And if that's the exchange, I'm all in”. Dan Patrick said he was “all in” on taking a chance on the survival of older Americans so younger ones could resume life, but younger ones are “assholes”? Lol.
He was talking about himself, not for all grandparents.
He’s in a position of authority. He was setting a tone, promoting resumption of normal life over being considerate of vulnerable people. That clearly hasn’t worked out very well.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 8139
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Unread post

Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:46 pm
BionicBunny wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:14 pm
Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:08 pm


You can’t compare protests, not organized by the government to rallies organized and paid for by the United States President’s campaign for re-election. How does that make sense?

Trump is president, he has the scientists and doctors telling him that masks and social distancing are key to eliminating this virus. Trump chose to put himself before the public health.

States in the north east are seeing the rate of infections rapidly slowing down because of mandatory shut downs, mask requirements and social distancing. Stares like Arizona, Texas and Florida are seeing record numbers of new cases and hospitalizations because of their failures to require what was necessary.

Instead of being on automatic drive in defending Trump with a “whatabout” this or that. Look at this thing logically. States that are following scientists and doctors recommendations doing well or improving. States that did not follow or are not following recommendations doing badly.
I am looking at this logical and I’m not on automatic drive lmao.
There are way more people out there protesting. Everyone has heard all the recommendations. All those out there protesting and rioting are just as much of a problem if not more since there are way more in those crowds all over the states. They aren’t practicing social distancing. You say it’s not compatible I say bullshit.
You can’t get off the subject of protesters. American citizens behaving irresponsibly by protesting in large crowds vs the President of the United States putting American citizens in danger for his own benefit. It’s hard to believe that you can’t understand the difference.

To make what Trump did even more reprehensible the Trump staff tore off all of the social distancing stickers in the Oklahoma venue. The venue put thousands of stickers on seats to keep people from sitting too close. The trump staff also told the venue to not put up any social distancing signs. There were thousands of empty seats but Trump wanted a big crowd in front of him so they removed the stickers.
Hmm.. well, my comment was about protesters so what’s your point? I’m talking about protesters vs rallies. So why would I have to get off the subject of protesters when they are part of my point. Perhaps it’s because just like all the biased media out there you don’t want to acknowledge how much more protesters all over the states there are compared to those at rallies.
The protesting is being encouraged but when Trump has a rally people lose their minds. It’s one way or the other. You can’t have it both ways. Just more left hypocrisy.
User avatar
SouthernIslander
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2949
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Unread post

Francee89 wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:50 pm
Mommamia wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:00 pm
Francee89 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:12 pm


Most bars are, by nature, hard to social distance and wear masks in. If they didn’t want young people congregating in them, then they should have kept them closed. These states wouldn’t have had to do this, costing lives and again causing economic turmoil, had federal officials encouraged and state officials carried out responsible reopening in the first place.

Dan Patrick: “No one reached out to me and said, as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren? And if that's the exchange, I'm all in”. Dan Patrick said he was “all in” on taking a chance on the survival of older Americans so younger ones could resume life, but younger ones are “assholes”? Lol.
He was talking about himself, not for all grandparents.
He’s in a position of authority. He was setting a tone, promoting resumption of normal life over being considerate of vulnerable people. That clearly hasn’t worked out very well.
It has not worked out well at all and he shouldn’t have embarrassed the state with that asinine comment.
Formerly JPickens
User avatar
Valentina327
Princess
Princess
Posts: 12073
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 2:23 am

Unread post

Lemons wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
SouthernIslander wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm
Lemons wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm
Trump got his biggest laughs when he called Covid-19 the "Kung Flu".
Trump is one racist SOB.
It was depressing to see how many people at his rally thought it was funny.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
Yes, yes ... Because the name of "the virus" is what's REALLY important in all of this. Not the immediate reaction when the first batch of tests received were already tainted with "the virus", so we began quickly assembling our own. Not the quick shift to the US manufacturing ventilators and PPE. Not breaking through the red tape of the FDA to fast track therapeutics and vaccines. Not the fact that nearly 10% of the country has been tested already, which has been the big battle cry about testing being necessary before people are "comfortable" going back to work.

Yep - but let's focus on the name used. Because that's what's REALLY important! As we've come to expect in this board - astute observations and comments as always. It just astounds me when I see the criteria some of you use in making your decisions.
User avatar
mcginnisc
Regent
Regent
Posts: 4623
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 6:29 am

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:26 am
Lemons wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
SouthernIslander wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm


Trump is one racist SOB.
It was depressing to see how many people at his rally thought it was funny.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
Yes, yes ... Because the name of "the virus" is what's REALLY important in all of this. Not the immediate reaction when the first batch of tests received were already tainted with "the virus", so we began quickly assembling our own. Not the quick shift to the US manufacturing ventilators and PPE. Not breaking through the red tape of the FDA to fast track therapeutics and vaccines. Not the fact that nearly 10% of the country has been tested already, which has been the big battle cry about testing being necessary before people are "comfortable" going back to work.

Yep - but let's focus on the name used. Because that's what's REALLY important! As we've come to expect in this board - astute observations and comments as always. It just astounds me when I see the criteria some of you use in making your decisions.
Val-
He is inept. Period. He is an instigator and if you think his renaming covid is not a big deal, you are one of his blind followers. He is personally causing an Asian backlash by continually referring to it as the "Wuhan virus", the "Chinese flu/ China virus" or even his latest of "Kung Flu". It is not funny and it is not acceptable. It is a form of racism and it is not in any way appropriate. The virus has a proper name. Call it the name given to it: Covid-19 for short. Cororonavirus disease 2019. I've seen too much racism over him calling it anything related to the Asian countries and as the mother of a Chinese child, he pisses me off to no end. He is a racist, Plain and simple. He has bungled this whole thing.. hell, he has bungled the last 4 years he's been in office, but what can you expect from a man that was on a reality tv show? We might as well have one of the Jersey Shore kids in office at this point as they are on the same idiocy level as he is.
Francee89
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3640
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:26 am
Lemons wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
SouthernIslander wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm


Trump is one racist SOB.
It was depressing to see how many people at his rally thought it was funny.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
Yes, yes ... Because the name of "the virus" is what's REALLY important in all of this. Not the immediate reaction when the first batch of tests received were already tainted with "the virus", so we began quickly assembling our own. Not the quick shift to the US manufacturing ventilators and PPE. Not breaking through the red tape of the FDA to fast track therapeutics and vaccines. Not the fact that nearly 10% of the country has been tested already, which has been the big battle cry about testing being necessary before people are "comfortable" going back to work.

Yep - but let's focus on the name used. Because that's what's REALLY important! As we've come to expect in this board - astute observations and comments as always. It just astounds me when I see the criteria some of you use in making your decisions.
It’s astounding that you continue to promote baseless lies on this. The first batch of tests weren’t “received”, they were made by the CDC, led by a Trump pick. There was a wasted month before manufacturing PPE was kicked into gear, and people were told not to wear masks partially because the lack of supply. Mass testing wasn’t available until months into the spread, despite Trump’s lies on the subject. South Korea had their first case on the same day, but had mass testing immediately available, and guess what they had? A fraction of the United States death toll. The EU isn’t seeing a the spike in cases/hospitalizations right now, while the United States is. Meanwhile, Trump is inviting maskless people into indoor venues to have a laugh about his preferred name for covid, against every public health recommendation. Truly laughable anyone thinks this was a success for him, but I guess it’s understandable when the “criteria” used is based on total falsehoods.
User avatar
SouthernIslander
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2949
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:26 am
Lemons wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
SouthernIslander wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm


Trump is one racist SOB.
It was depressing to see how many people at his rally thought it was funny.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
Yes, yes ... Because the name of "the virus" is what's REALLY important in all of this. Not the immediate reaction when the first batch of tests received were already tainted with "the virus", so we began quickly assembling our own. Not the quick shift to the US manufacturing ventilators and PPE. Not breaking through the red tape of the FDA to fast track therapeutics and vaccines. Not the fact that nearly 10% of the country has been tested already, which has been the big battle cry about testing being necessary before people are "comfortable" going back to work.

Yep - but let's focus on the name used. Because that's what's REALLY important! As we've come to expect in this board - astute observations and comments as always. It just astounds me when I see the criteria some of you use in making your decisions.
Yes it is important when it’s instigating backlash towards Asian Americans. After some random man attacked an Asian family in Midland; we didn’t let our mother go anywhere by herself until the backlash somewhat settled.

So it is important when his behavior affects other people. Trump is po dunk ignorant for this.
Formerly JPickens
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7025
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:00 am
Lemons wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:46 pm
BionicBunny wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:14 pm


I am looking at this logical and I’m not on automatic drive lmao.
There are way more people out there protesting. Everyone has heard all the recommendations. All those out there protesting and rioting are just as much of a problem if not more since there are way more in those crowds all over the states. They aren’t practicing social distancing. You say it’s not compatible I say bullshit.
You can’t get off the subject of protesters. American citizens behaving irresponsibly by protesting in large crowds vs the President of the United States putting American citizens in danger for his own benefit. It’s hard to believe that you can’t understand the difference.

To make what Trump did even more reprehensible the Trump staff tore off all of the social distancing stickers in the Oklahoma venue. The venue put thousands of stickers on seats to keep people from sitting too close. The trump staff also told the venue to not put up any social distancing signs. There were thousands of empty seats but Trump wanted a big crowd in front of him so they removed the stickers.
Hmm.. well, my comment was about protesters so what’s your point? I’m talking about protesters vs rallies. So why would I have to get off the subject of protesters when they are part of my point. Perhaps it’s because just like all the biased media out there you don’t want to acknowledge how much more protesters all over the states there are compared to those at rallies.
The protesting is being encouraged but when Trump has a rally people lose their minds. It’s one way or the other. You can’t have it both ways. Just more left hypocrisy.
Who is encouraging the protests? Who is this "left"? Use some critical thinking and you'll figure out the difference.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7025
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:26 am
Lemons wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
SouthernIslander wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm


Trump is one racist SOB.
It was depressing to see how many people at his rally thought it was funny.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
Yes, yes ... Because the name of "the virus" is what's REALLY important in all of this. Not the immediate reaction when the first batch of tests received were already tainted with "the virus", so we began quickly assembling our own. Not the quick shift to the US manufacturing ventilators and PPE. Not breaking through the red tape of the FDA to fast track therapeutics and vaccines. Not the fact that nearly 10% of the country has been tested already, which has been the big battle cry about testing being necessary before people are "comfortable" going back to work.

Yep - but let's focus on the name used. Because that's what's REALLY important! As we've come to expect in this board - astute observations and comments as always. It just astounds me when I see the criteria some of you use in making your decisions.
You've been wrong about this the whole time and continue to be wrong. You're no better than the people at the rallies cackling at his "kung flu" jokes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic