123,000 deaths so far while Trump makes jokes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent
Posts: 3640
Joined: Fri May 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Unread post

Mommamia wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:30 pm
Francee89 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:46 am
Mommamia wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:57 pm


People, i.e. investors, wouldn't be so skittish if the MSM reported on hospitalization rates and death rates instead of just positive tests. The more people tested, the more positives you are going to find seeing that most people don't even know they have had it.

In IL several major hospitals are closing their COVID19 units because they aren't needed. They are treating patients in regular isolation rooms.

I would say besides more tests being performed, you can blame the uptick on young people gathering in bars, backyards, etc. They think they're invincible. But then again, the CDC and Fauci told them they aren't likely to get it.

Do you know why it went back up today?
Other countries have similar testing rates without the similar spike in cases.

Image
online dice roll generator

The hospitalization rate is going up in 16 states, and outbreaks will make investors skittish - people aren’t going to be confident spending if they’re worried about their jobs and the economy while a pandemic is still rampant and not controlled.

What would you expect young people to do when the governors of states like Arizona, Texas and Florida reopened bars? It seems ridiculous to scold people for going to bars when the government, presumably advised by public health officials (not necessarily listening to them) reopened establishments like that. Dan Patrick in Texas said grandparents would die to sustain the American economy, but young people are to blame for listening to him?
Just because a gov reopens bars, doesn't mean young people get a pass to act like assholes and congregate in crowded bars. The same goes for opened up beaches.

The idea behind opening up in stages has always been if there's a large spike in cases, then the gov's would pull back and institute more restrictions again. Obviously, some states need to step back.

Dan Patrick did not say that,,

Most bars are, by nature, hard to social distance and wear masks in. If they didn’t want young people congregating in them, then they should have kept them closed. These states wouldn’t have had to do this, costing lives and again causing economic turmoil, had federal officials encouraged and state officials carried out responsible reopening in the first place.

Dan Patrick: “No one reached out to me and said, as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren? And if that's the exchange, I'm all in”. Dan Patrick said he was “all in” on taking a chance on the survival of older Americans so younger ones could resume life, but younger ones are “assholes”? Lol.
Mommamia
Marchioness
Marchioness
Posts: 589
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:32 pm

Unread post

Francee89 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:12 pm
Mommamia wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:30 pm
Francee89 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:46 am


Other countries have similar testing rates without the similar spike in cases.

Image
online dice roll generator

The hospitalization rate is going up in 16 states, and outbreaks will make investors skittish - people aren’t going to be confident spending if they’re worried about their jobs and the economy while a pandemic is still rampant and not controlled.

What would you expect young people to do when the governors of states like Arizona, Texas and Florida reopened bars? It seems ridiculous to scold people for going to bars when the government, presumably advised by public health officials (not necessarily listening to them) reopened establishments like that. Dan Patrick in Texas said grandparents would die to sustain the American economy, but young people are to blame for listening to him?
Just because a gov reopens bars, doesn't mean young people get a pass to act like assholes and congregate in crowded bars. The same goes for opened up beaches.

The idea behind opening up in stages has always been if there's a large spike in cases, then the gov's would pull back and institute more restrictions again. Obviously, some states need to step back.

Dan Patrick did not say that,,

Most bars are, by nature, hard to social distance and wear masks in. If they didn’t want young people congregating in them, then they should have kept them closed. These states wouldn’t have had to do this, costing lives and again causing economic turmoil, had federal officials encouraged and state officials carried out responsible reopening in the first place.

Dan Patrick: “No one reached out to me and said, as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren? And if that's the exchange, I'm all in”. Dan Patrick said he was “all in” on taking a chance on the survival of older Americans so younger ones could resume life, but younger ones are “assholes”? Lol.
He was talking about himself, not for all grandparents.
Lemons
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7002
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

Mommamia wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 pm
Lemons wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:19 pm
Across the United States, 38,115 new infections were reported by state health departments on Wednesday — surpassing the previous single-day record of 34,203 set on April 25. Texas, Florida and California led the way, with all three states reporting more than 5,000 new cases apiece.

Three states — California, Florida and Oklahoma — reported record highs in new single-day coronavirus cases, while hospitalizations hit a new peak in Arizona, where intensive care units have quickly filled.

Even as case numbers climb, reports circulated that the federal government is poised to stop providing federal aid to testing sites in some hard-hit states, including Texas, prompting a top federal official to respond that testing was on the rise.
The Dow Jones fell over 700 points in response to the massive spike of cases.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... pdates-us/
How many times do we have to tell you that WAPO lies it's collective asses off, then you enable them by posting their bs. The Dow Jones did not drop over 700 points.

https://www.kiplinger.com/investing/sto ... -day-surge

A late-day rally drove the Dow, which had declined by as much as 236 points earlier in the day, 299 points higher – a 1.2% gain to 25,745. The S&P 500 finished up 1.1% to 3,083, the tech-heavy Nasdaq gained 1.1% to 10,017, and the small-cap Russell 2000 closed 1.7% higher to 1,413.
You’re wrong, of course, the Dow dropped over 700 points with bad news of COVID-19 spreading. Did you think it was going to freeze there? And it’s the extreme ups and downs that are indicators of a shaky economy. Mostly extreme downs now, but thanks for googling numbers that you couldn’t begin to understand.
User avatar
Snicker
Lady in Waiting
Lady in Waiting
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Unread post

People have a right to be FREE. So you wear a mask if you want and you don't if you don't want. it's that simple
No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.

Donald Trump
[/
font]
Lemons
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 7002
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Unread post

Snicker wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:41 am
People have a right to be FREE. So you wear a mask if you want and you don't if you don't want. it's that simple
Not that simple. Freedom doesn’t mean you get to do anything you want. I hate wearing shoes but I have to in most places I go. That’s because it’s not all about my freedom to be comfortable.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 8115
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Unread post

A lot of people are blaming Trump Rallies for the rise in cases. I don’t see how anyone can put blame on that while completely ignoring all the people in crowds everywhere protesting and rioting. There are way more people out there gathered in groups protesting and rioting than those who attended a Trump Rally.
User avatar
MonarchMom
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2688
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 pm
A lot of people are blaming Trump Rallies for the rise in cases. I don’t see how anyone can put blame on that while completely ignoring all the people in crowds everywhere protesting and rioting. There are way more people out there gathered in groups protesting and rioting than those who attended a Trump Rally.
The first rally was just last week. How could anyone be blaming a rise after only 7 days? Do you have a source for that? From everything I read, Tulsa was already having a rise in cases at the time of the rally.

Re-openings of bars and restaurants I can see as causing a spike. Anytime you are indoors with recirculated air and close proximity you are risking spread. Outdoor events have much less chance to spread infection. That is why so many people wondered why the Trump Rally was not held outdoors to protect those attending.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 8115
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:21 pm
BionicBunny wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 pm
A lot of people are blaming Trump Rallies for the rise in cases. I don’t see how anyone can put blame on that while completely ignoring all the people in crowds everywhere protesting and rioting. There are way more people out there gathered in groups protesting and rioting than those who attended a Trump Rally.
The first rally was just last week. How could anyone be blaming a rise after only 7 days? Do you have a source for that? From everything I read, Tulsa was already having a rise in cases at the time of the rally.

Re-openings of bars and restaurants I can see as causing a spike. Anytime you are indoors with recirculated air and close proximity you are risking spread. Outdoor events have much less chance to spread infection. That is why so many people wondered why the Trump Rally was not held outdoors to protect those attending.

If you compare titles to news articles about Trump Rallies and Protests you will see titles like “Protests have not caused rise in coronavirus “ to “coronavirus cases rises as Trump rallies continue”.
So what I’m saying is they treat the Trump Rallies differently when it comes to Covid than they do with the protests.
User avatar
MonarchMom
Regent
Regent
Posts: 2688
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:37 pm
MonarchMom wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:21 pm
BionicBunny wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 pm
A lot of people are blaming Trump Rallies for the rise in cases. I don’t see how anyone can put blame on that while completely ignoring all the people in crowds everywhere protesting and rioting. There are way more people out there gathered in groups protesting and rioting than those who attended a Trump Rally.
The first rally was just last week. How could anyone be blaming a rise after only 7 days? Do you have a source for that? From everything I read, Tulsa was already having a rise in cases at the time of the rally.

Re-openings of bars and restaurants I can see as causing a spike. Anytime you are indoors with recirculated air and close proximity you are risking spread. Outdoor events have much less chance to spread infection. That is why so many people wondered why the Trump Rally was not held outdoors to protect those attending.

If you compare titles to news articles about Trump Rallies and Protests you will see titles like “Protests have not caused rise in coronavirus “ to “coronavirus cases rises as Trump rallies continue”.
So what I’m saying is they treat the Trump Rallies differently when it comes to Covid than they do with the protests.
I think that is a stretch to say headlines are "blaming Trump Rallies for a rise." I read that as cases are on the rise, yet they still choose to hold an indoor rally.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal
Posts: 8115
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:42 pm
BionicBunny wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:37 pm
MonarchMom wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:21 pm


The first rally was just last week. How could anyone be blaming a rise after only 7 days? Do you have a source for that? From everything I read, Tulsa was already having a rise in cases at the time of the rally.

Re-openings of bars and restaurants I can see as causing a spike. Anytime you are indoors with recirculated air and close proximity you are risking spread. Outdoor events have much less chance to spread infection. That is why so many people wondered why the Trump Rally was not held outdoors to protect those attending.

If you compare titles to news articles about Trump Rallies and Protests you will see titles like “Protests have not caused rise in coronavirus “ to “coronavirus cases rises as Trump rallies continue”.
So what I’m saying is they treat the Trump Rallies differently when it comes to Covid than they do with the protests.
I think that is a stretch to say headlines are "blaming Trump Rallies for a rise." I read that as cases are on the rise, yet they still choose to hold an indoor rally.
“ Trump rally may cause spread in coronavirus “
“ How risky is it to attend a Trump rally during a pandemic”.

“ no coronavirus spread from BLM protests”.
“So far so good, no coronavirus spread from protests”.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic