123,000 deaths so far while Trump makes jokes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:53 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:42 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:37 pm

If you compare titles to news articles about Trump Rallies and Protests you will see titles like “Protests have not caused rise in coronavirus “ to “coronavirus cases rises as Trump rallies continue”.
So what I’m saying is they treat the Trump Rallies differently when it comes to Covid than they do with the protests.
I think that is a stretch to say headlines are "blaming Trump Rallies for a rise." I read that as cases are on the rise, yet they still choose to hold an indoor rally.
“ Trump rally may cause spread in coronavirus “
“ How risky is it to attend a Trump rally during a pandemic”.

“ no coronavirus spread from BLM protests”.
“So far so good, no coronavirus spread from protests”.
From reporting I've seen, there has not been the anticipated spread from protestors. This is a good thing, especially for those with elementary kids as at least in our school district they're rethinking "no recess policy" for opening up the schools next semester.

Trump rally "may" cause spread because it was indoors. I believe a reporter who attended the rally was just diagnosed yesterday? Indoor events are "risky" as we are seeing spread from those who visit bars and restaurants more so than those who attend outdoor events. Again, I don't see this as necessarily a bad thing. As we learn about this virus, we learn about what activities are safer than others.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 pm A lot of people are blaming Trump Rallies for the rise in cases. I don’t see how anyone can put blame on that while completely ignoring all the people in crowds everywhere protesting and rioting. There are way more people out there gathered in groups protesting and rioting than those who attended a Trump Rally.
You can’t compare protests, not organized by the government to rallies organized and paid for by the United States President’s campaign for re-election. How does that make sense?

Trump is president, he has the scientists and doctors telling him that masks and social distancing are key to eliminating this virus. Trump chose to put himself before the public health.

States in the north east are seeing the rate of infections rapidly slowing down because of mandatory shut downs, mask requirements and social distancing. Stares like Arizona, Texas and Florida are seeing record numbers of new cases and hospitalizations because of their failures to require what was necessary.

Instead of being on automatic drive in defending Trump with a “whatabout” this or that. Look at this thing logically. States that are following scientists and doctors recommendations doing well or improving. States that did not follow or are not following recommendations doing badly.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:08 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:17 pm A lot of people are blaming Trump Rallies for the rise in cases. I don’t see how anyone can put blame on that while completely ignoring all the people in crowds everywhere protesting and rioting. There are way more people out there gathered in groups protesting and rioting than those who attended a Trump Rally.
You can’t compare protests, not organized by the government to rallies organized and paid for by the United States President’s campaign for re-election. How does that make sense?

Trump is president, he has the scientists and doctors telling him that masks and social distancing are key to eliminating this virus. Trump chose to put himself before the public health.

States in the north east are seeing the rate of infections rapidly slowing down because of mandatory shut downs, mask requirements and social distancing. Stares like Arizona, Texas and Florida are seeing record numbers of new cases and hospitalizations because of their failures to require what was necessary.

Instead of being on automatic drive in defending Trump with a “whatabout” this or that. Look at this thing logically. States that are following scientists and doctors recommendations doing well or improving. States that did not follow or are not following recommendations doing badly.
I am looking at this logical and I’m not on automatic drive lmao.
There are way more people out there protesting. Everyone has heard all the recommendations. All those out there protesting and rioting are just as much of a problem if not more since there are way more in those crowds all over the states. They aren’t practicing social distancing. You say it’s not compatible I say bullshit.
Deleted User 1616

Unread post

* 120 million according to sleepy joe.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:14 pm

There are way more people out there protesting. Everyone has heard all the recommendations. All those out there protesting and rioting are just as much of a problem if not more since there are way more in those crowds all over the states. They aren’t practicing social distancing. You say it’s not compatible I say bullshit.
You can’t get off the subject of protesters. American citizens behaving irresponsibly by protesting in large crowds vs the President of the United States putting American citizens in danger for his own benefit. It’s hard to believe that you can’t understand the difference.

To make what Trump did even more reprehensible the Trump staff tore off all of the social distancing stickers in the Oklahoma venue. The venue put thousands of stickers on seats to keep people from sitting too close. The trump staff also told the venue to not put up any social distancing signs. There were thousands of empty seats but Trump wanted a big crowd in front of him so they removed the stickers.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Oh lord. Lol. I said when the cases spike, both sides are gonna fight about whose fault it is. 😂😂😂
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:22 am
Mommamia wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:19 pm

The Dow Jones fell over 700 points in response to the massive spike of cases.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... pdates-us/
How many times do we have to tell you that WAPO lies it's collective asses off, then you enable them by posting their bs. The Dow Jones did not drop over 700 points.

https://www.kiplinger.com/investing/sto ... -day-surge

A late-day rally drove the Dow, which had declined by as much as 236 points earlier in the day, 299 points higher – a 1.2% gain to 25,745. The S&P 500 finished up 1.1% to 3,083, the tech-heavy Nasdaq gained 1.1% to 10,017, and the small-cap Russell 2000 closed 1.7% higher to 1,413.
You’re wrong, of course, the Dow dropped over 700 points with bad news of COVID-19 spreading. Did you think it was going to freeze there? And it’s the extreme ups and downs that are indicators of a shaky economy. Mostly extreme downs now, but thanks for googling numbers that you couldn’t begin to understand.
Get yourself a F***ing life.

I already told someone else that when you posted that, you didn't say it was for the day before. So my response that it had rebounded the day I quoted you was correct.

I know more about the economy and the stock market than you'll ever understand in your life time. I'll put my investments up against your non-existent ones any day of the week.

You really need to get over your sick obsessive hate for Trump. It's just going to make you even more demented over the next 4 1/2 years.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Exactly. But remember who you're trying to reason with here.....an unbalanced, rabid Trump hater. She's blinded by hatered. It must suck to be her.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:46 pm

You can’t get off the subject of protesters. American citizens behaving irresponsibly by protesting in large crowds vs the President of the United States putting American citizens in danger for his own benefit. It’s hard to believe that you can’t understand the difference.

To make what Trump did even more reprehensible the Trump staff tore off all of the social distancing stickers in the Oklahoma venue. The venue put thousands of stickers on seats to keep people from sitting too close. The trump staff also told the venue to not put up any social distancing signs. There were thousands of empty seats but Trump wanted a big crowd in front of him so they removed the stickers.
What part of 'no one forced anyone to attend the rally. They went of their own accord, and most chose not to wear masks. That's their decision, not Trump's.

Maybe you should have your eyes examined. A sticker on every other seat in an arena, a theater, whatever is not social distancing.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:06 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:53 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:42 pm

I think that is a stretch to say headlines are "blaming Trump Rallies for a rise." I read that as cases are on the rise, yet they still choose to hold an indoor rally.
“ Trump rally may cause spread in coronavirus “
“ How risky is it to attend a Trump rally during a pandemic”.

“ no coronavirus spread from BLM protests”.
“So far so good, no coronavirus spread from protests”.
From reporting I've seen, there has not been the anticipated spread from protestors. This is a good thing, especially for those with elementary kids as at least in our school district they're rethinking "no recess policy" for opening up the schools next semester.

Trump rally "may" cause spread because it was indoors. I believe a reporter who attended the rally was just diagnosed yesterday? Indoor events are "risky" as we are seeing spread from those who visit bars and restaurants more so than those who attend outdoor events. Again, I don't see this as necessarily a bad thing. As we learn about this virus, we learn about what activities are safer than others.
Search Results
Web results

LAPD coronavirus cases spike following protests - Los ...www.latimes.com › california › story › lapd-coronaviru...
4 days ago - Coronavirus infections among Los Angeles police officers spiked in recent weeks ... LAPD coronavirus cases spike, adding to debate over role of protests in spread ... LAPD officers in riot gear and face masks stand in front of police ... “This was a 21% increase and is about twice the rate of our historic rate of ...
Locked Previous topicNext topic