123,000 deaths so far while Trump makes jokes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:26 am
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm

Trump is one racist SOB.
It was depressing to see how many people at his rally thought it was funny.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
Yes, yes ... Because the name of "the virus" is what's REALLY important in all of this. Not the immediate reaction when the first batch of tests received were already tainted with "the virus", so we began quickly assembling our own. Not the quick shift to the US manufacturing ventilators and PPE. Not breaking through the red tape of the FDA to fast track therapeutics and vaccines. Not the fact that nearly 10% of the country has been tested already, which has been the big battle cry about testing being necessary before people are "comfortable" going back to work.

Yep - but let's focus on the name used. Because that's what's REALLY important! As we've come to expect in this board - astute observations and comments as always. It just astounds me when I see the criteria some of you use in making your decisions.
Logic doesn't work here. They don't like him so no matter what, it's all his fault and what a virus is called is the most important thing ever.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:57 pm

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
Yes, yes ... Because the name of "the virus" is what's REALLY important in all of this. Not the immediate reaction when the first batch of tests received were already tainted with "the virus", so we began quickly assembling our own. Not the quick shift to the US manufacturing ventilators and PPE. Not breaking through the red tape of the FDA to fast track therapeutics and vaccines. Not the fact that nearly 10% of the country has been tested already, which has been the big battle cry about testing being necessary before people are "comfortable" going back to work.

Yep - but let's focus on the name used. Because that's what's REALLY important! As we've come to expect in this board - astute observations and comments as always. It just astounds me when I see the criteria some of you use in making your decisions.
Logic doesn't work here. They don't like him so no matter what, it's all his fault and what a virus is called is the most important thing ever.
That old echo "they don't like him" will not longer work as an excuse when a racist failing president is Tweeting "white power" Tweets and getting laughs for calling a virus that's killing people "Kung flu". He is a despicable highly unlikable man. But much worse is he is incompetent and he's destroying the country.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:42 am

Val-
He is inept. Period. He is an instigator and if you think his renaming covid is not a big deal, you are one of his blind followers. He is personally causing an Asian backlash by continually referring to it as the "Wuhan virus", the "Chinese flu/ China virus" or even his latest of "Kung Flu". It is not funny and it is not acceptable. It is a form of racism and it is not in any way appropriate. The virus has a proper name. Call it the name given to it: Covid-19 for short. Cororonavirus disease 2019. I've seen too much racism over him calling it anything related to the Asian countries and as the mother of a Chinese ld, he pisses me off to no end. He is a racist, Plain and simple. He has bungled this whole thing.. hell, he has bungled the last 4 years he's been in office, but what can you expect from a man that was on a reality tv show? We might as well have one of the Jersey Shore kids in office at this point as they are on the same idiocy level as he is.
It seems to me it's a left problem then, that this is what they think. That's who keeps talking about it.

No one that I know in real life that's a libertarian or a conservative has even thought anything like that. It's ridiculous to think it. No one in real life has taken any action or discriminated against any Asian people. Intelligent people know better. Anyone who would do something like that is clearly lacking mentally.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:03 pm

Val-
He is inept. Period. He is an instigator and if you think his renaming covid is not a big deal, you are one of his blind followers. He is personally causing an Asian backlash by continually referring to it as the "Wuhan virus", the "Chinese flu/ China virus" or even his latest of "Kung Flu". It is not funny and it is not acceptable. It is a form of racism and it is not in any way appropriate. The virus has a proper name. Call it the name given to it: Covid-19 for short. Cororonavirus disease 2019. I've seen too much racism over him calling it anything related to the Asian countries and as the mother of a Chinese ld, he pisses me off to no end. He is a racist, Plain and simple. He has bungled this whole thing.. hell, he has bungled the last 4 years he's been in office, but what can you expect from a man that was on a reality tv show? We might as well have one of the Jersey Shore kids in office at this point as they are on the same idiocy level as he is.
It seems to me it's a left problem then, that this is what they think. That's who keeps talking about it.

No one that I know in real life that's a libertarian or a conservative has even thought anything like that. It's ridiculous to think it. No one in real life has taken any action or discriminated against any Asian people. Intelligent people know better. Anyone who would do something like that is clearly lacking mentally.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-amer ... y-n1177146

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/police ... CDWPI4U7M/

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... rus-fears/

https://nypost.com/2020/03/29/hate-spew ... ian-woman/

They have.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Val-

Do not insult my intelligence or the fact that I freaking live with a Chinese child by saying it has not happened. BS. Period. Keep your head in the sand, but you are contributing to the issue by NOT paying attention to the fact that the man you are behind is a racist and is continuing to be a moron.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:02 pm

Val-

Do not insult my intelligence or the fact that I freaking live with a Chinese child by saying it has not happened. BS. Period. Keep your head in the sand, but you are contributing to the issue by NOT paying attention to the fact that the man you are behind is a racist and is continuing to be a moron.
I didn't intend to insult your intelligence at all Clair. That wasn't my meaning. What I referred to specifically is what I'm seeing personally in real life, interacting with libertarians and conservatives, not some "news" stories. I even stated that. What I'm observing.

I think we've all seen, especially recently, the amount of times the media takes things out of context or edits things so that we only see or hear part of a story. Their main goal seems to be to position things in such a manner that a topic is inflammatory and pits people against each other.

Social media also has a way of making it look like a huge majority of people are doing a certain thing or of a certain opinion, then when you look deeper it's not the case. It's just a few very loud buffoons.

I'm very much moving away from listening to any kind of "news" and opt for doing my own research on pretty much everything now, which includes my own personal observations. So that was all that I was saying.

I'm truly sorry if Lily has suffered any abuse due to all of this pandemic insanity. Its unconscionable that anyone would be like that to a person, ESPECIALLY to a young girl. Anyone who takes anything out on Chinese people over this pandemic is very clearly an imbecile.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic