123,000 deaths so far while Trump makes jokes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:40 pm Stop with the lies, lemmings. You need to get another shtick. Your anti-Trump diatribes are beyond boring.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... ily-due-to

During an interview on "World News Tonight," ABC News anchor David Muir noted that more than 70,000 Americans have now died from the coronavirus — more than in the Vietnam War — and questioned Trump on his message for affected families.

“I want to say I love you. I want to say that we’re doing everything we can,” Trump said. “I want to just say to the people that have lost family ... and the people that have suffered so badly and just made it, just made it, that we love you. We’re with you. We’re working with you.”

“You can never really come close to replacing, when you’ve lost someone, no matter how well we do next year — I think our economy is going to be raging, it’s going to be so good — no matter how well, those people can never, ever replace somebody they love,” Trump said. “And to the people that have lost someone, there is nobody — I don’t sleep at nights thinking about it — there is nobody that’s taking it harder than me.”
Nothing says “I love you, I care, I’m working hard on this and I’m with you” like saying the final death toll will be 115,000 on a day it had already hit 120,000, and as case numbers are ticking up all over the country.

SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm Trump got his biggest laughs when he called Covid-19 the "Kung Flu".
Trump is one racist SOB.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm Trump got his biggest laughs when he called Covid-19 the "Kung Flu".
Trump is one racist SOB.
It was depressing to see how many people at his rally thought it was funny.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t care for Trump but I think that so many people are overlooking the fact that shutting down the economy was and will be detrimental for us. I don’t think that trump is wrong about that. It’s a great theory that America will survive if they shut us down again but we won’t. People HAVE to work to survive. The government will not be able to bail us out. That definitely doesn’t mean I don’t care or want people to die but shutting the economy down won’t work. As far as Trump having insensitive remarks, we all know the man isn’t the most tactful person around.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
Trump is one racist SOB.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
Its a damn shame. These governors who listen to Trump is gonna cost more. Texas numbers are rising as we speak and I don’t be surprised if we don’t SIP again soon.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:30 pm

Trump is one racist SOB.

Its a damn shame. These governors who listen to Trump is gonna cost more. Texas numbers are rising as we speak and I don’t be surprised if we don’t SIP again soon.
I'm in Virginia and there has been a significant rise in cases in surrounding counties, most traced to visits to Myrtle Beach. They are now asking those who are returning from Myrtle to self-quarantine for two weeks. South Carolina is getting slammed hard but a lot of those cases are tourists who are taking it back to their home states.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:14 pm I don’t care for Trump but I think that so many people are overlooking the fact that shutting down the economy was and will be detrimental for us. I don’t think that trump is wrong about that. It’s a great theory that America will survive if they shut us down again but we won’t. People HAVE to work to survive. The government will not be able to bail us out. That definitely doesn’t mean I don’t care or want people to die but shutting the economy down won’t work. As far as Trump having insensitive remarks, we all know the man isn’t the most tactful person around.
Everybody knows this, but they've come to the conclusion that a healthcare crisis that is going to overwhelm our hospitals and kill hundreds of thousands of our citizens *and* shut down the economy anyway is probably worse.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:12 pm
mater-three wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:14 pm I don’t care for Trump but I think that so many people are overlooking the fact that shutting down the economy was and will be detrimental for us. I don’t think that trump is wrong about that. It’s a great theory that America will survive if they shut us down again but we won’t. People HAVE to work to survive. The government will not be able to bail us out. That definitely doesn’t mean I don’t care or want people to die but shutting the economy down won’t work. As far as Trump having insensitive remarks, we all know the man isn’t the most tactful person around.
Everybody knows this, but they've come to the conclusion that a healthcare crisis that is going to overwhelm our hospitals and kill hundreds of thousands of our citizens *and* shut down the economy anyway is probably worse.
I have my doubts but I will just shake my head and walk away.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I would agree with you except every other country with every type of government just shut down their economies. That shows me the seriousness of this shit. I don't mind reopening except people can't follow commonsense rules like face masks and social distancing. Then who cries when businesses have to shut back down? Or counties And states enact laws to lower the death and infection rate? The very people who won't follow rules. Truly we've met the enemy and he is us. And Trump went beyond tactless. He seeks to divide us further. Don't get me started but I'll say he'd sell his own mother down river for votes.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:30 pm

Trump is one racist SOB.

I’m in Florida and it’s the same thing. Over 100k cases and it seems every day we’re breaking records on new cases. I’m in South Florida and I feel like we’ll be SIP again soon too.
Locked Previous topicNext topic