123,000 deaths so far while Trump makes jokes

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He is the head of state. Whilst the public “knows he’s not the most tactful person around”, he is accountable to the country for what he says and does. It is also the right of the public and press to hold him accountable and not give him a pass because he’s tactless and gauche. His words are clear; and by his own words he said he does not kid. So all his racist/ xenophobic/misogynistic remarks stand as intended and understood.

No amount of spin doctoring by his sycophants can change that.

mater-three wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:14 pm I don’t care for Trump but I think that so many people are overlooking the fact that shutting down the economy was and will be detrimental for us. I don’t think that trump is wrong about that. It’s a great theory that America will survive if they shut us down again but we won’t. People HAVE to work to survive. The government will not be able to bail us out. That definitely doesn’t mean I don’t care or want people to die but shutting the economy down won’t work. As far as Trump having insensitive remarks, we all know the man isn’t the most tactful person around.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not to mention that one of the speakers went on about Aunt Jemima being “ the picture of the American dream.”

The whole rally was a racist orgy ...

o
Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:21 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:14 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:51 pm Trump got his biggest laughs when he called Covid-19 the "Kung Flu".
Trump is one racist SOB.
It was depressing to see how many people at his rally thought it was funny.

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:44 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:30 pm

Sad too to see a president ridiculing the name of a virus that has so far killed over 120,000 Americans in less than four months.
Its a damn shame. These governors who listen to Trump is gonna cost more. Texas numbers are rising as we speak and I don’t be surprised if we don’t SIP again soon.
I’m in Florida and it’s the same thing. Over 100k cases and it seems every day we’re breaking records on new cases. I’m in South Florida and I feel like we’ll be SIP again soon too.
I saw people in Palm Beach county whining at one of their meetings about the mandatory mask ordinance. A couple of women that spoke i wondered if they weren't dropped as infants. One said we were messing with Gods breathing system or something. Really? If they do end up SIP they'll have no one but themselves to blame.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:24 pm

Its a damn shame. These governors who listen to Trump is gonna cost more. Texas numbers are rising as we speak and I don’t be surprised if we don’t SIP again soon.
I’m in Florida and it’s the same thing. Over 100k cases and it seems every day we’re breaking records on new cases. I’m in South Florida and I feel like we’ll be SIP again soon too.
I saw people in Palm Beach county whining at one of their meetings about the mandatory mask ordinance. A couple of women that spoke i wondered if they weren't dropped as infants. One said we were messing with Gods breathing system or something. Really? If they do end up SIP they'll have no one but themselves to blame.

It was nuts!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:28 pm

It was nuts!
I hate everything south of Martin county. Well Jupiter is all right. But sometimes I think all Florida, especially south Florida, is good for is allowing us to get to the Keys. I used to live in Broward and I truly believe many people down there are bitter and not right in the head. Not everyone I do have friends down there. But something in the water does things to folks. Or its the heat. Idk.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:14 pm I don’t care for Trump but I think that so many people are overlooking the fact that shutting down the economy was and will be detrimental for us. I don’t think that trump is wrong about that. It’s a great theory that America will survive if they shut us down again but we won’t. People HAVE to work to survive. The government will not be able to bail us out. That definitely doesn’t mean I don’t care or want people to die but shutting the economy down won’t work. As far as Trump having insensitive remarks, we all know the man isn’t the most tactful person around.
It's not about Trump not being liked, most don't like him. But you don't make jokes about a serious virus that is still currently killing people.

We wouldn't have to shut down again if the federal government did their job. The European Union currently has 100 million more people than we do and they currently have about 3,000 new cases per day vs American's 30,000 new cases per day. That's because most countries in the EU did it right. They didn't have leaders who claimed it was a hoax.

As a result countries in Europe are safely re-opening while we still have still have states that have dangerous hot spots. States like Texas, Arizona and Florida that refused to mandate masks, crowd control and distancing are seeing dangerous amounts of infection.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Are masks mandated in buildings? Where I am masks are required in stores, work places, public transportation, pretty much every where that you can't social distance. People comply. The biggest non-compliance issue is when mostly young people are out drinking. They can't seem to follow the rules after a few drinks.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Across the United States, 38,115 new infections were reported by state health departments on Wednesday — surpassing the previous single-day record of 34,203 set on April 25. Texas, Florida and California led the way, with all three states reporting more than 5,000 new cases apiece.

Three states — California, Florida and Oklahoma — reported record highs in new single-day coronavirus cases, while hospitalizations hit a new peak in Arizona, where intensive care units have quickly filled.

Even as case numbers climb, reports circulated that the federal government is poised to stop providing federal aid to testing sites in some hard-hit states, including Texas, prompting a top federal official to respond that testing was on the rise.
The Dow Jones fell over 700 points in response to the massive spike of cases.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... pdates-us/
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

YEP!! So stupid.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:12 pm

Are masks mandated in buildings? Where I am masks are required in stores, work places, public transportation, pretty much every where that you can't social distance. People comply. The biggest non-compliance issue is when mostly young people are out drinking. They can't seem to follow the rules after a few drinks.
Not in my county. Some businesses require them some don't. Idk what palm beach county does. I believe it's mandatory in public but Idk the details. Probably have to use them in public buildings and stores.
Locked Previous topicNext topic