Protesters bring down statue of Francis Scott Key

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The statue of Francis Scott Key, who is known for writing "The Star-Spangled Banner" but was a slave owner, was toppled by protesters in San Francisco during demonstrations against racial injustice.

Key wrote "The Star-Spangled Banner" after he saw an American flag flying at the Battle of Fort McHenry following a victory over the British in the War of 1812. The lines he wrote turned into the national anthem.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/protesters-br ... d=71359718
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Thanks to Key, we have a drinking song for a national anthem. Even though he changed the words, it's still a drinking song.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Now, those depraved animals toppled a statue of George Washington in Portland. How long are the cities going to allow this crap to go unchallenged. The Corps of Engineers could put up a field hospital in just days. I'm sure they could throw up a bunch of field prisons in no time, then these sick twisted mayors who allowed all of this rioting could haul every last one of those rioters off to jail.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Apparently rioting, looting and now destroying statues is acceptable.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:33 pm Now, those depraved animals toppled a statue of George Washington in Portland. How long are the cities going to allow this crap to go unchallenged. The Corps of Engineers could put up a field hospital in just days. I'm sure they could throw up a bunch of field prisons in no time, then these sick twisted mayors who allowed all of this rioting could haul every last one of those rioters off to jail.
I think there are many more people in the US who oppose this sort of behavior than support it. It’s just that the Media portrays it as though it’s the will of the majority.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:47 pm Apparently rioting, looting and now destroying statues is acceptable.
This is not protesting this is Domestic Terrorism.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:55 pm
Mommamia wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:33 pm Now, those depraved animals toppled a statue of George Washington in Portland. How long are the cities going to allow this crap to go unchallenged. The Corps of Engineers could put up a field hospital in just days. I'm sure they could throw up a bunch of field prisons in no time, then these sick twisted mayors who allowed all of this rioting could haul every last one of those rioters off to jail.
I think there are many more people in the US who oppose this sort of behavior than support it. It’s just that the Media portrays it as though it’s the will of the majority.
True. But with these left wing, crazy, weak mayors telling their police to do nothing to stop the rioting. abandoning police precinct bldgs, letting the CHOP take over a part of Seattle, etc., everyone else is paying the price in some way.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:57 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:47 pm Apparently rioting, looting and now destroying statues is acceptable.
I agree and sadly it's being allowed to continue unchecked. These acts need to be shut down.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:52 pm
Lexy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:57 pm
I agree and sadly it's being allowed to continue unchecked. These acts need to be shut down.
Now the violence begins. NY, Seattle and Minneapolis all had shooting this weekend.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:20 pm Thanks to Key, we have a drinking song for a national anthem. Even though he changed the words, it's still a drinking song.
It's a drinking song?

It was not Key's original intent....and you know it.

You misplace blame sometimes, Pink.
Locked Previous topicNext topic