Protesters bring down statue of Francis Scott Key

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:04 am
Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:32 am
Mommamia wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:19 pm
https://wgntv.com/news/cover-story/how- ... n-chicago/

"Have you ever stopped to wonder: how did we get to this point?

Let’s go back in time to 1957, when 296 people were murdered in Chicago. The number rose steadily until 1965, when there were 395 murders. That number exploded the following year to 510, spiking by 29 percent."
Oh ooohhh! Pick me! I know!

Capture+_2020-06-23-07-01-27.png

Unfortunately, Chicago has always been known for Crime and Corruption. It's like a big city phenomenon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political ... of_Chicago
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:53 am
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:20 am
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:00 am

Ahhhh...blue city/state life at it's finest!

Did I ever send you the bootlegged recording from the scanner between 2 Chicago cops? It was about a week and a half after the riots - I mean looting - I mean peaceful protests. Gangs shooting at each other across a street comes across the radio ... "Let it go" was the response back.

And this is why I have 500 rounds of ammo on order and my concealed carry class booked. It's clearly a return to the wild, wild West with every man for himself.
Why would you need a gun, do you live on the south side of Chicago?

You’re right, blue state life is a whole later safer when it comes to gun violence. The ten states with the LEAST amount of gun violence are Hawaii, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Minnesota, Iowa, California, New Hampshire.

The states with the highest rates of gun violence are red states.

There’s a huge problem with a section of Chicago and it’s not getting better. But to keep it factual it’s not a blue state problem. It’s an American problem.
Illinois is the only State where you need a special card to buy weapons and ammo. Chicago has more gun deaths than Mexico City. Blue state. Blue city. Toughest gun laws in the united states. Laws do absolutely nothing to take guns out of the hands of criminals.

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago. Normally when there's riots and looting, it usually remains confined to the city. The end of May activity this time spilled wayyyy out of the city, all through the South suburbs. It even spilled into the Western suburbs which is unheard of. Naperville is a very high end suburb and they were hit. I don't ever remember anything like that happening.

We had stores set on fire, they were loading up cars and ramming them into buildings at Ford City mall, and they set a couple of Wal-Mart's on fire. They were even vandalizing Orland Park mall. Orland is a higher end suburb and quite a distance out of the city. You can map all of that from downtown where the "peaceful protest" was to see how far out it went. Some stores near me were boarded up and closed until the following Friday. The Target I go to started to open Monday following that Sunday when it all hit the fan. Within 2 hours they were closed and remained closed until Friday morning. They went back and attacked the Evergreen Wal-Mart again Monday. I was talking to one of the officers stationed in the Target lot.

The aldermen were on a call with the mayor because they apparently had gang bangers walking the streets with AKs. People in their homes, not just the businesses, were starting to get impacted. They were begging for her help for their constituents. The lovely Mayor told him he was "full of shit" and to f*ck off if basically. Ahhhhh - blue life!

The next step for the next round of violence is logically going to be attacking people's homes. The gang bangers were already roaming the neighborhoods last time waving weapons around, taking the opportunity presented by the chaos for their nefarious purposes.

They go up to people's cars and break windows and kick in their doors. They try to drag people out of their cars. They did that a couple of years ago too at another "peaceful protest" about something. They had chairs and were bashing people's car windows in. While they were in traffic driving down a six lane main street. Running into traffic attacking people.

Our doors at home getting kicked in is the next logical step for the anarchists, as their goal is to cause as much fear and pain as they can until they get their way, their demands, and turn our nation into a communist hell hole.

I dare someone to drag me from my car or kick my door in. They'll be met with my Glock if they head my direction and have a nice little 9mm souvenir for their trouble.
"Chicago has been criticized for comparatively light sentencing guidelines for those found illegally in possession of a firearm. Most people convicted of illegal gun possession receive the minimum sentence, one year, a Chicago Sun-Times analysis found, and serve less than half of the sentence because of time for good behavior and pre-trial confinement. The minimum sentence for felons found in possession of a firearm is two years. Those charged with simple gun possession had an average of four prior arrests. Those charged with gun possession by a felon had an average of ten prior arrests.[34]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2014/11/29 ... -up-debate
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:01 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:44 pm
Mommamia wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:52 pm

Blacks killing blacks doesn't fit into BLM's agenda. They don't give a damn about blacks, just power, and bringing down all governments.
Do you even know or more importantly understand BLM's agenda?
Obviously, you buy the whole BLM bs hook, line and sinker.
Yes, proudly.

Racial Injustice
Police Brutality
Criminal Justice Reform
Black Immigration
Economic Injustice
LGBTQIA+ and Human Rights
Environmental Conditions
Voting Rights & Suppression
Healthcare
Government Corruption
Education
Commonsense Gun Laws
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:41 am

Yes, proudly.

Racial Injustice
Police Brutality
Criminal Justice Reform
Black Immigration
Economic Injustice
Environmental Conditions
Healthcare
Government Corruption
Education
Commonsense Gun Laws
Mmm......That's not what their website says.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:28 am
Valentina327 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:53 am
Lemons wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:20 am

Why would you need a gun, do you live on the south side of Chicago?

You’re right, blue state life is a whole later safer when it comes to gun violence. The ten states with the LEAST amount of gun violence are Hawaii, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Minnesota, Iowa, California, New Hampshire.

The states with the highest rates of gun violence are red states.

There’s a huge problem with a section of Chicago and it’s not getting better. But to keep it factual it’s not a blue state problem. It’s an American problem.
Illinois is the only State where you need a special card to buy weapons and ammo. Chicago has more gun deaths than Mexico City. Blue state. Blue city. Toughest gun laws in the united states. Laws do absolutely nothing to take guns out of the hands of criminals.

I live in the south suburbs of Chicago. Normally when there's riots and looting, it usually remains confined to the city. The end of May activity this time spilled wayyyy out of the city, all through the South suburbs. It even spilled into the Western suburbs which is unheard of. Naperville is a very high end suburb and they were hit. I don't ever remember anything like that happening.

We had stores set on fire, they were loading up cars and ramming them into buildings at Ford City mall, and they set a couple of Wal-Mart's on fire. They were even vandalizing Orland Park mall. Orland is a higher end suburb and quite a distance out of the city. You can map all of that from downtown where the "peaceful protest" was to see how far out it went. Some stores near me were boarded up and closed until the following Friday. The Target I go to started to open Monday following that Sunday when it all hit the fan. Within 2 hours they were closed and remained closed until Friday morning. They went back and attacked the Evergreen Wal-Mart again Monday. I was talking to one of the officers stationed in the Target lot.

The aldermen were on a call with the mayor because they apparently had gang bangers walking the streets with AKs. People in their homes, not just the businesses, were starting to get impacted. They were begging for her help for their constituents. The lovely Mayor told him he was "full of shit" and to f*ck off if basically. Ahhhhh - blue life!

The next step for the next round of violence is logically going to be attacking people's homes. The gang bangers were already roaming the neighborhoods last time waving weapons around, taking the opportunity presented by the chaos for their nefarious purposes.

They go up to people's cars and break windows and kick in their doors. They try to drag people out of their cars. They did that a couple of years ago too at another "peaceful protest" about something. They had chairs and were bashing people's car windows in. While they were in traffic driving down a six lane main street. Running into traffic attacking people.

Our doors at home getting kicked in is the next logical step for the anarchists, as their goal is to cause as much fear and pain as they can until they get their way, their demands, and turn our nation into a communist hell hole.

I dare someone to drag me from my car or kick my door in. They'll be met with my Glock if they head my direction and have a nice little 9mm souvenir for their trouble.
"Chicago has been criticized for comparatively light sentencing guidelines for those found illegally in possession of a firearm. Most people convicted of illegal gun possession receive the minimum sentence, one year, a Chicago Sun-Times analysis found, and serve less than half of the sentence because of time for good behavior and pre-trial confinement. The minimum sentence for felons found in possession of a firearm is two years. Those charged with simple gun possession had an average of four prior arrests. Those charged with gun possession by a felon had an average of ten prior arrests.[34]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Chicago

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2014/11/29 ... -up-debate
For crap sake, can''t you discuss something in your own words? Anyone can copy and paste stuff from the internet.

Seeing that you live nowhere near Chicago, you haven't an inkling of what goes on and has been going on there.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Yes, proudly.

Racial Injustice
Police Brutality
Criminal Justice Reform
Black Immigration
Economic Injustice
Environmental Conditions
Healthcare
Government Corruption
Education
Commonsense Gun Laws
https://blacklivesmatter.com/blms-whatm ... and-focus/
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:50 pm
Mommamia wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:42 pm

Yes, proudly.

Racial Injustice
Police Brutality
Criminal Justice Reform
Black Immigration
Economic Injustice
Environmental Conditions
Healthcare
Government Corruption
Education
Commonsense Gun Laws
https://blacklivesmatter.com/blms-whatm ... and-focus/
I already posted what they stand for from their website. When broken down, it's not all peaches and cream.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes, proudly.

Racial Injustice
Police Brutality
Criminal Justice Reform
Black Immigration
Economic Injustice
Environmental Conditions
Healthcare
Government Corruption
Education
Commonsense Gun Laws
Again ...
Sound bites. All of that sounds great - who wouldn't get behind that - if they were anything but anarchists hell bent on destroying our way of life.

The founders are trained Marxists and they specialize in taking over. By their own admission.

People tell you who they are. Stop making excuses for them. No one can justify this behavior that we've experienced the last 3 weeks as people protesting to air legitimate grievances. Even the radical left can't keep making excuses for what this is without looking even more ridiculous than they do normally.

I wouldn't be very proud to be aligned with this at all.

Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:28 am

Yes, proudly.

Racial Injustice
Police Brutality
Criminal Justice Reform
Black Immigration
Economic Injustice
Environmental Conditions
Healthcare
Government Corruption
Education
Commonsense Gun Laws
Again ...
Sound bites. All of that sounds great - who wouldn't get behind that - if they were anything but anarchists hell bent on destroying our way of life.

The founders are trained Marxists and they specialize in taking over. By their own admission.

People tell you who they are. Stop making excuses for them. No one can justify this behavior that we've experienced the last 3 weeks as people protesting to air legitimate grievances. Even the radical left can't keep making excuses for what this is without looking even more ridiculous than they do normally.

I wouldn't be very proud to be aligned with this at all.

Val, I don't know what to tell you. My personal journey with BLM started when Zimmerman was acquitted and I witnessed the pain of several of my Black friends who had sons Trayvon Martin's age. We were overseas and I lacked the ability to share in their anger and pain other than online within my close circle.

At the time, when BLM was in it's infancy, I had problems with the messaging and found it scattered and disjointed - trying to be everything to everyone, if that make sense. Movements in their infancy are often this way and I felt that time was needed for them to focus and brand before I would feel comfortable in aligning myself with the cause.

Before returning to the US, I did my research reading a wide range of books on racial disparity in the US. When we returned and my daughter started college, I was educated further through my daughter whose freshman honors class was on racial disparity in US policing and criminal justice so I read along with her ('cause that's what I do), joined our local CORE group, engaged in several Courageous Conversations, and supported our Black community in the aftermath of Charlottesville when our local "flaggers" paraded down our main street.

Since 2013/14, I have found that the BLM movement has honed their messaging and organizing and I fully support the movement. I have proudly protested several times the last few weeks and when I haven't been able to be there in person, I have donated snacks and water for those who have been able to attend. I have not witnessed any calls for violence or destruction of property by anyone associated with BLM (at least those who I follow) but I have read threats against BLM and our Black community from our local recently formed militia, which frightens me. Because of these threats, I have not taken my son to any of the protests, including the one last week in front of our town's confederate statue where the BLM members and supporters were singing gospel songs, holding candles and flowers, and engaging in moments of silence and yet were faced with counter protestors waiving their confederate flags, yelling n***ers, and in one case, assaulting someone in our group. Arrests were made but it was no one from BLM.

I do proudly and unapologetically support BLM. I do apologize for writing a "book" but my involvement has come after a thoughtful journey so I resent the idea that I don't know what I'm supporting or that I am misguided. I also apologize for not clicking on your link. I find Eric July particularly disgusting and just don't need to listen to anything he has to say first thing in the morning.
Snicker
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

this is terrorism!! I hope they are all caught and brought to justice with President Trumps new law!!
No dream is too big. No challenge is too great. Nothing we want for our future is beyond our reach.

Donald Trump
[/
font]
Locked Previous topicNext topic