Protesters bring down statue of Francis Scott Key

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I'm disgusted....BEYOND disgusted....by the behavior for so many of them and those who attempt to excuse them.

However, I am equally disgusted by those "in charge" who are not doing anything to stop this insanity.

Want specific monuments and statues removed? Fine, as long as there are legitimate reasons for doing so which in some cases (as with THIS case of Key), there isn't. It's all for the sake of destroying property like the punks they are.

Allow the individual cities and/or establishments to have those monuments or statues removed properly.

But for our local governments to do absolutely nothing to stop this craziness is unforgivable.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lexy wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:50 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:52 pm
Lexy wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:57 pm

This is not protesting this is Domestic Terrorism.
I agree and sadly it's being allowed to continue unchecked. These acts need to be shut down.
Now the violence begins. NY, Seattle and Minneapolis all had shooting this weekend.
Chicago had their usual summer killings this weekend. 61/68 people shot, 11 died....and most horrifying of all, a 3 year old child was shot and killed while sitting in the back seat of his stepfather's car. A 13 year old girl was shot and killed while inside of a house where two boys sitting outside on the stoop were also shot. Three days ago a 7 year old boy was, you guessed it, shot and killed in a drive by shooting.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:33 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:20 pm Thanks to Key, we have a drinking song for a national anthem. Even though he changed the words, it's still a drinking song.
It's a drinking song?

It was not Key's original intent....and you know it.

You misplace blame sometimes, Pink.
Some times? Hell, all of the time.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:47 pm Apparently rioting, looting and now destroying statues is acceptable.
Would we call that our "new normal"? LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:40 pm

I agree and sadly it's being allowed to continue unchecked. These acts need to be shut down.
Now the violence begins. NY, Seattle and Minneapolis all had shooting this weekend.
Chicago had their usual summer killings this weekend. 61/68 people shot, 11 died....and most horrifying of all, a 3 year old child was shot and killed while sitting in the back seat of his stepfather's car. A 13 year old girl was shot and killed while inside of a house where two boys sitting outside on the stoop were also shot. Three days ago a 7 year old boy was, you guessed it, shot and killed in a drive by shooting.
Ahhhh...blue city/state life at it's finest!

Did I ever send you the bootlegged recording from the scanner between 2 Chicago cops? It was about a week and a half after the riots - I mean looting - I mean peaceful protests. Gangs shooting at each other across a street comes across the radio ... "Let it go" was the response back.

And this is why I have 500 rounds of ammo on order and my concealed carry class booked. It's clearly a return to the wild, wild West with every man for himself.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:37 pm I'm disgusted....BEYOND disgusted....by the behavior for so many of them and those who attempt to excuse them.

However, I am equally disgusted by those "in charge" who are not doing anything to stop this insanity.

Want specific monuments and statues removed? Fine, as long as there are legitimate reasons for doing so which in some cases (as with THIS case of Key), there isn't. It's all for the sake of destroying property like the punks they are.

Allow the individual cities and/or establishments to have those monuments or statues removed properly.

But for our local governments to do absolutely nothing to stop this craziness is unforgivable.
Make no mistake AZ, it's intentional and by design. These blue mayors and governors have their marching orders. We're watching a Revolution, and it's not for the good guys. This is finishing what Barry started and Hillary was supposed to complete, but Trump got in the way. They didn't want to wait another 4 years, so this is what's being done.

Note the instant, overnight communism from "the virus"? Total control. Locked down, movement restricted, jobs controlled, government doling out how much money they think you need to live on, means of production being controlled, tracking being forced on us, food shortages, goods we can no longer find, empty shelves, no meat, etc. Now we've got anarchy in the streets, statues being toppled, people being beaten in the streets that don't agree with that rhetoric of the "protesters". Defund the police and vilify them. Citizens being rewarded for turning in their neighbors for walking too close together, not wearing a mask. "Snitches get rewarded" Garceti says smiling. Removing the very things that make us human - family gatherings, burying our dead, celebrating our faith. Old people and children dying alone. Compliance above all else, whether the edicts are logical or have any basis for being made.

Remind you of anything? Of anywhere? Sound like any other time in history?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It does seem hypocritical to write about the "land of the FREE" while owning people who were not allowed freedom.

Have they identified any of those responsible?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:20 pm Thanks to Key, we have a drinking song for a national anthem. Even though he changed the words, it's still a drinking song.
That's just the music, not the lyrics. But honestly, how could anyone sing that melody while drunk!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Enough is enough. This needs to stop. Everywhere. CHOP needs to be disbanned, cut the F***ing power. Restrict outward movement. No one goes in, no one comes out. This isn't about statues - take them all down for all I care, but do it properly. People are out of control and are rioting just to cause destruction.
I have lost my taste for Trump a while ago, but on this he has a point. If the military needs to be used, F***ing use them. The voice has been heard... let's make changes and move on.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:40 pm

Where is the outrage, where is the protests for these killings? Where is BLM?
Locked Previous topicNext topic