19 Victims Injured in Saturday Morning NYC Shootings: NYPD

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The NYPD says its officers are investigating 21 shootings over the course of 36 hours that injured at least 28 people
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/1 ... d/2475442/
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I've read that NYC's murder rate is up by 70 some-odd percent as is their burglary percentage up. Insane!
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

NY needs Rudi Guiliani back. DeBlasio hates the police and has done everything he can to stop them from doing their jobs.
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:03 pm I've read that NYC's murder rate is up by 70 some-odd percent as is their burglary percentage up. Insane!
That's car thefts were up 70% in February.

"New York City starts year with spike in shootings, major crimes; NYPD, critics blame bail reform. ... There is a 16.9% increase in all major index categories, with shootings up 27%, robberies up 35%, burglaries up 18%, auto thefts up 70%, grand larcenies up 10%, and felony assaults up 8.5%.Feb 4, 2020"
------
Up until the rioting, I would say at least car thefts had dropped dramatically, since no one was out and about, no non residents driving into NYC to work, etc. Not a lot of cars around.

-----------

"NYPD sources blamed the alarming situation on the state’s controversial new bail-reform law, which mandates the release of most defendants charged with misdemeanors and felonies considered “non-violent.”

“Right now, it’s almost a lawless society,” one source said.

“Criminals now know there are no consequences for their actions, and they are causing havoc for innocent people of New York City.”
Deleted User 203

Unread post

Mommamia wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:55 pm
AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:03 pm I've read that NYC's murder rate is up by 70 some-odd percent as is their burglary percentage up. Insane!

"New York City starts year with spike in shootings, major crimes; NYPD, critics blame bail reform. ... There is a 16.9% increase in all major index categories, with shootings up 27%, robberies up 35%, burglaries up 18%, auto thefts up 70%, grand larcenies up 10%, and felony assaults up 8.5%.Feb 4, 2020"
------
Up until the rioting, I would say at least car thefts had dropped dramatically, since no one was out and about, no non residents driving into NYC to work, etc. Not a lot of cars around.

-----------

"NYPD sources blamed the alarming situation on the state’s controversial new bail-reform law, which mandates the release of most defendants charged with misdemeanors and felonies considered “non-violent.”

“Criminals now know there are no consequences for their actions, and they are causing havoc for innocent people of New York City.”
Here's a link to the article I read on the Fox News site (depending on your perspective, you can consider the source). This would be for the month of May:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-cit ... -nypd-says
Mommamia
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

AZLizardLady wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:31 pm
Mommamia wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:55 pm

------

-----------

Here's a link to the article I read on the Fox News site (depending on your perspective, you can consider the source). This would be for the month of May:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-cit ... -nypd-says
Ah....I didn't see that one. All I could find on google was what I posted above and that was at the beginning of Feb.

I wonder if that number included people killed in the riots.

Cuomo needs to be removed from office. And DeBlasio needs to be run out of the city. Between the two of them they have ruined the entire state. Imagine, no bail required, so the criminals know they can turn around immediately after being arrested and do the same thing all over again.

I wonder if the cops even respond to reports of burglaries, B&E, etc. I know that in 2013 Chicago PD wasn't responding to break ins, car thefts and many other 911 calls. They just took reports over the phone. This was when Rham Emanuel was mayor.
Locked Previous topicNext topic