President Donald Trump disagrees with Dr. Anthony Fauci on NFL restart, won't watch if players kneel

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

President Donald Trump has conflicted thoughts on the NFL restarting. Trump tweeted his support of the league’s safety precautions Friday, but reiterated he would not watch football in 2020 if players are allowed to kneel during the national anthem.

Trump’s comments come a day after Dr. Anthony Fauci threw cold water on the idea football would be played this year.
https://sports.yahoo.com/president-dona ... 35276.html
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh WAHHHHH.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I could not care less about football, or Trump, but he's not the only one. People watch football to be entertained, not so they can see players virtue signal which is all it is at this point. I'd love to know how they are helping the black community they profess to be in solidarity with off the field but have seen little to nothing in that regard. That is the complaint I hear and read about over and over again - make a difference off the field instead of making a show on it.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 am I could not care less about football, or Trump, but he's not the only one. People watch football to be entertained, not so they can see players virtue signal which is all it is at this point. I'd love to know how they are helping the black community they profess to be in solidarity with off the field but have seen little to nothing in that regard. That is the complaint I hear and read about over and over again - make a difference off the field instead of making a show on it.

“To date we have donated $44 million to support hundreds of worthy organizations. This year, we are committing an additional $20 million to these causes and we will accelerate efforts to highlight their critical work. We know that we can and need to do more.”

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nfl-n ... injustice/

There's more about donations in the article.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 am I could not care less about football, or Trump, but he's not the only one. People watch football to be entertained, not so they can see players virtue signal which is all it is at this point. I'd love to know how they are helping the black community they profess to be in solidarity with off the field but have seen little to nothing in that regard. That is the complaint I hear and read about over and over again - make a difference off the field instead of making a show on it.
I don’t watch football but I know quite a few guys that either play or has played for the NFL. It is incredibly common for them to give back to the community.

You likely hear that complaint from people who are either looking for something to bitch about or hasn’t taken the time to research what these athletes do in their local community but a large number of them are active.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Who the f**k cares whether he watches or not? I hope all the players kneel.
lauren08
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And I’m supposed to care that he won’t watch?
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Don't really care if he watches or not. But it will be interesting to see how quickly people change their tune about kneeling during the anthem. And the repercussions if they don't.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:23 pm Don't really care if he watches or not. But it will be interesting to see how quickly people change their tune about kneeling during the anthem. And the repercussions if they don't.
Far as I'm concerned they can stand on their heads if they want. It's disgusting. We whine that they knelt during the anthem. And when we ignored their message eventually there were protests which led to violence. Now I personally condemn the looters and rioters. And i know it might be a stretch to say we ignored peaceful protests so they rioted. And They hurt their own people. But goddammit maybe if government and cities had listened to the kneeling players in the first place there wouldn't BE any protests now. The players hurt no one by it. So Trump can stfu, count his blessings it's peaceful and quit his whining. I always thought this whole fight against kneeling was much ado about nothing.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:02 pm
jas wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:23 pm Don't really care if he watches or not. But it will be interesting to see how quickly people change their tune about kneeling during the anthem. And the repercussions if they don't.
Far as I'm concerned they can stand on their heads if they want. It's disgusting. We whine that they knelt during the anthem. And when we ignored their message eventually there were protests which led to violence. Now I personally condemn the looters and rioters. And i know it might be a stretch to say we ignored peaceful protests so they rioted. And They hurt their own people. But goddammit maybe if government and cities had listened to the kneeling players in the first place there wouldn't BE any protests now. The players hurt no one by it. So Trump can stfu, count his blessings it's peaceful and quit his whining. I always thought this whole fight against kneeling was much ado about nothing.
As far as it being about nothing, that depends on your perspective. A lot of military families find it disrespectful. Regardless... Government officials should have been listening LONG before anyone took a knee. The injustices date back for decades, if not centuries.
Locked Previous topicNext topic